Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dawn of War! Chapter one; The Gathering.  (Read 69512 times)
Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2003, 12:33:22 PM »

Bobbo's eyes opened wide at the beautiful weapon that Qui gave him. It was indeed a splendid sword. He grasped the hilt of the sword and it seemed his hand found grooves for it to rest in, as if his own hand hand been stuck on the liquid metal as the sword was being cooled. Bobbo smiled.

"This is indeed a fine weapon, Qui," he said, breathless, "Thank you."

Bobbo drew the sword from the sheath. It shone like a bright white flame in the morning sunlight. The sword was well-balanced for his one-handed fighting stance, which was the only fighting stance he used for obvious reasons.

He twirled the sword around expertly and smiled. "My!" he exclaimed, "And I thought my old sword was good!"

The golden pommel of the sword shone like the ring, which Bobbo had on his finger, and they seemed to be one, as if forged from the same gold; Bobbo was curious of this phenomenon.

Bobbo sheathed the sword and half-regretted it; it was such a wonder! Bobbo then saw Lucirina's equally beatiful gifts. He thought this strange, for Lucirina had neither asked nor inclined that she needed any new weapons.

"Those are fine weapons, indeed, my love," said Bobbo in wonder. "And this sword! I tell you! I had expected only to be given a regular sword until I recover mine own, but this is amazing! It makes it seem unecessary to recover my old sword."

He heard Lucirina's remark and nodded. He was about to place it in the tent, when he suddenly felt an overwhelming desire for it not to leave his side. He felt it almost certain that someone would steal it. He strapped it to his side, besides it was usually proper for a man to wear his sword at all times in a military camp. He saw Lucirina's knives lying about in the open. He wrapped them in a sheet and put them under his saddlebags, under his bed roll, to keep them safe.

He then left the tent and said to Lucirina, "It is only proper to carry a sword in a military camp, my love."

He then took her elbow in his and walked to the Tristin's tent for breakfast. (OOC: I think that's what we are doing)

'... Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.' (Gandalf)

'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.

'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us . . .'

The Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring (Chapter 2: The Shadow of the Past)

The Tales of Middle Earth RPG (I'm the owner)
The Lords of Middle Earth (I'm the ent mod)
Adventures of Sorren (I'm just a player)
The Fellowship of the Ring (I'm just a member)

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2003, 05:41:22 PM »

((uhmm I believe it is two......correct me if I'm wrong))
Shaint nodded solemnly to Gararion "indeed this vision have I got read of long ago my friend many things still haunt my sleep but if thou do not fear them they shall not overcome you" Shaint finished with a smile smile "Everyone, Get what you need to survive Clothes,weapons, water and we need to move those who where wounded more than others will take the remaining two AJ's the rest walk with only the supplies they MUST have" Shaint spoke "Hurry and then Let us Move"

He who lives by the sword Lives with Pain Anger and Sorrow
But he who lives by the sword lives not with regret for he who lives by the sword lives with Redemtion

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #317 on: February 10, 2003, 02:11:22 AM »

Atrii rose, already with everything he needed. He slipped his pack off of his AJ and slung it over his shoulder. He got his AJ to its feet and walked it over to where the rest of the group was gathered. Atrii stood waiting for whoever needed the AJ to come and take it from him before they moved out.

Silence, Complete silence is the sound of a ranger about to end your life.

Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2003, 02:06:22 AM »

Oscar smiled at Lucirina when she said it would not be proper to be dressed armed to the teeth to eat breakfast.  Oscar replied. "Ah, M'lady the gift that Qui gave you are meant to be worn at all times.  They were crafted to be hidden amongst your person as Qui has told you so.  However if you wish not to wear them at the moment that is your desire, but I do not think that the Tristin nor anyone else would mind.  Especially since they would not even know you carry them, unless of course you have to use them.  I have seen Sophronian women warriors use those knives with deadly accuracy and secrecy.  However it is your decision.  Shall we go and eat something and talk to the Tristin?"

Oscar led the way, stopped before the guards standing next to the Tristin's tent.  He asked for an audience for himself, lord Bobbo and lady Lucirina.  The guard quickly walked into the tent and came out shortly, the Tristin following.  

He was dressed all in white including a turban with a Sapphire the size of a man's fist in the middle to hold it with. A gold sash encircled his waist.  His sword, almost twin to lord Bobbo's, rested easily at his side.  He smiled at them all.  "Welcome my friends.  Come in.  My cook has prepared a nice meal of fruits, dates, sweetmeats, and sweet honey bread.  Along with Oscars famous wine.  Come."

He waved his hand in front of him.  "M'lady after you.  Lord Bobbo I see that Qui has given you my gift to you.  Actually it belonged to your great, great, grandfather. It was given to my great grandfather as a gift.  I am most pleased to return it back to the family from whence it came.  Did Qui tell you its name?" He asked conversationally.  As if their was no worry at all.  No war, no one after his head, just friends having a meal together. How does he do that? thought Oscar.

Oscar Lotus
A beer in the belly is never a bad thing.

Raoneth
New Santharian

« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2003, 05:53:22 AM »

Gararion got up and Raoneth rolled his eyes as Gararion got a wierd expression on his face.
They started talking about visions and bad omens while Raoneth walked over to the dead Aj, hoping to find that there was some lifeforce remaining.

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2003, 06:04:22 AM »

Keelin nodded, opened her eyes, and pushed herself to her feet. She walked over to Sandy and pulled her pack off the Aj's back. It was light and mostly empty now, so she slung it over her right shoulder and led Sandy back towards the others.

There isn't enough time to do everything and too much time to do nothing.

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2003, 07:54:22 AM »

"Wait, Keelin!" Shaint shot to his feet and pulled the pack off Keelin's shoulder tossing it over his and picking her up legs on his left forearm and back on his other "your riding an AJ for a few reasons it's safer and you wont get hurt stop trying to do things that could hurt you i'm fine and strong enough to do the things for both of us untill you fully recover"

tha Aj lowerd when Shaint spproached and he sat Keelin upon the AJ annd it raised "Get your things where leaving fight for the other AJ or whichever you wish but dont touch Keelin she is injured therefor she stays on this AJ"

Shaint picked up Keelins pack wich he had sat down to put her on the Aj and slung it over his shoulder's he was now carrying two packs on his shoulder's he looked around.....

"Come where leaving now anybody who doesent come gets left behind it's the way things go" Shaint looked aroun dthe deserts vast amount and just started walking he didnt really care that he was walking but he figured his chances where fairly high of actually getting to milkengrad"....

But he who lives by the sword lives not with regret for he who lives by the sword lives with Redemtion

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2003, 08:09:22 AM »

Keelin narrowed her eyes. There is nothing wrong with my legs! I can walk just fine, and I can fight just fine! That... that... boy... is going to find out just how well I can fight if he insists on treating me like a cripple!

There isn't enough time to do everything and too much time to do nothing.

Edited by: KeelinElf at: 2/10/03 11:09:47 pm
Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2003, 08:17:22 AM »

Shaint looked back and Saw Keelin frowning at him alot Keelin yes you are just accept it and ride the damn AJ he thought as he kept walking he was pretty sure of what Keelin was mad about he got the same way.....

Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2003, 08:26:22 AM »

What Oscar nor Bobbo did not know was that she had strapped the "marauders" to her forearms, she was trying how they felt against her skin and she had to admit that it was not unconfortable at all.
Waiting in silence beside Oscar and Bobbo as the elder man asked for an audience she let one hand stray to her forarm to touch the handle of the knife, she was still confused over the fact that Qui, someone she had barely met, had given her such a gift.
As the Tristin emerged from the tent she could not stop herself from bowing slightly, he looked like royalty dressed like so. She then stood and returned his smile, her head slightly tilted to one side, her loose hair dancing over her shoulders as she walked into the tent and looked around for somewhere to take a seat.

From sunrise to sundown I live my life as a song.
Listen to the songbird, don't ignore it.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2003, 04:24:22 PM »

Gararion watched as SHiant had gathered all who were ready to come along.  Gararion made his way over to his AJ and tugged the reins bringing it up on its feet.

He hadn't time to inform the others of how to conqure the shadows within their minds.  Their minds were still affected by the dieng curse of Skrill.

He looked to Shaint.

"Beg my parden Shaint.  During my leave of absent last night I came to new knowledge than none of you have been given the chance to obtain nor understand fully what blocks your way.  Might I suggest you travel this way" he oints in the opposite direction that Shaint began travelling in "if thou wishes to reach ones destination."

He hoped that he hadn't embaressed the young elf in front of the one he had surely had feelings for.

He waited silently for the response....

~I offer you a Cup of Joy~
~Visit Santharia  Live the Dream~

Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2003, 03:48:22 AM »

Nahor Nahor had ridden like the wind toward Strata.  His first thought when he heard the war cry as he galloped out of Thalambath was to return and fight.  But then he thought, Bahar has plenty of men and with that magician and his guards they should be able to handle any army.  So he continued on, besides this Malok fellow told him not to stop for anything.  So ride he did.

The sun had just began to arise when he passed the small village where the Thirsty Herald and his adventure had begun.  He quickly rode into the still sleeping village, watered his horse, filled his own waterskins and then continued on.

Bahar Bahar was sitting, though guarded, on some colorful pillows inside the Tristin's tent.  He looked up when he saw the lady elf walk in.  The Tristin had treated him well.  Much better than Malok or even Troas would have treated a general of the Tristin's army.

Throughout the night he was interrogated but not tortured.  His answers were heard, thought upon and then another question was asked.  They seemed to Bahar insignificant questions, not the kind that he would have asked.  He would have asked the size of the army against him, what were their plans etc etc.  

But all the Tristin wanted to know was how the people of Strata were?  How did they react to the change of power?  How did lives change?  Questions that confused Bahar.  He answered them the best he could and told them truthfully.  After all he was not divulging any secrets.  Then the questions were stopped, he was fed, bathed, and given clean clothes and then told to get some rest.

Now his eyes narrowed as he watched the lady elf, nightbird, come in.  He watched for others he knew that would follow.

Oscar Lotus
A beer in the belly is never a bad thing.

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2003, 06:46:22 AM »

Shaint stopped and turned to Gararion walking back to him "if you speak of it that way......then your the mage your knowledge is going to be greater than mine at things.....and i'de hate to admit it but you are older so you have most likely traveld more than I....so we go that way" Shaint pointed in the direction Gararion had pointed....

and just kept right on walking in that direction he was slowly remembering and couldent believe he was so foolish....all of a sudden he stopped and looked around....walking back to Gararion "Gararion pardon my foolishness but.....dont you still have a piece of the Map....also does Atrii....and me....." Shaint smiled and scratched his head,

"it was awile ago so the thought just came back to me....however if we could get them back together we could fin dthe way there even if we didnt remember..."

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2003, 12:14:22 PM »

Bobbo bowed to the Tristin and said, "No, my lord, he did not say the name of the blade. But it truly is a grand weapon, my lord. I thank you very much."

Bobbo entered the tent slowly listening to the Tristin as he walked. He saw the man (Bahar) looking at Lucirina. "My lord," said Bobbo, "Who is this fellow?"

'... Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.' (Gandalf)

'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.

'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us . . .'

The Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring (Chapter 2: The Shadow of the Past)

The Tales of Middle Earth RPG (I'm the owner)
The Lords of Middle Earth (I'm the ent mod)
Adventures of Sorren (I'm just a player)
The Fellowship of the Ring (I'm just a member)

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #329 on: February 12, 2003, 02:23:22 PM »

Gararion listen to the words that came from Shaints moth and nodded to his question in silence.

He opened the book and slowly removed the piece of the map that he held in his possession.  He showed Shaint..

"I can not answer the question of whether yoursef and Atrii still have your share of that maps in your possession."

Gararion had thought the curse had only made them loose thier sense of direction, not the memory of thier pasts as well.  Maybe it effected others differently then himself.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 14, 2023, 09:57:19 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]