Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dawn of War! Chapter one; The Gathering.  (Read 64666 times)
Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2003, 11:08:22 PM »

Atrii had everything ready and saw Shaint with Gararion talking of something. When would we be getting going? Atrii thought. He was getting anxious to begin moving again. He walked up beside them silently and just listened not wanting to interrupt them.

Silence, Complete silence is the sound of a ranger about to end your life.

Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2003, 04:07:22 AM »

Tristin "The name of the blade is called 'Avenger.' I carry its twin its name is called, 'Injera's Wrath' but I prefer to call it just Injera.  Wrath and judgement are meant for the Gods, not their creatures.  However...Justice will be ours."  He stopped when lord Bobbo asked who the man was?

"His name is Bahar.  He is one of the generals of Troas's armies.  He cannot harm you or your lady.  If he displeases you I will have him removed.  I have gathered all the information I needed from him last night.  Do you wish him to be removed and placed back with his men?"  

Oscar Lotus
A beer in the belly is never a bad thing.

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2003, 11:54:22 AM »

Bobbo shook his head. "If he is no harm, then let no harm come to him," he said.

Bobbo looked about. "So, my lord, are you hungry? Cause I am!" said Bobbo.

Bobbo would not sit until the Tristin did and so stood by Lucirina's side.

Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2003, 03:22:22 AM »

Malok Malok breathed heavily as he made his way down the stairs from his upper chamber to Rhas's room.  He knocked, wheezing.  Soon the door opened and Rhas stood there looking at him.  "Master what can I do for thee?" she asked noticing him trying to catch his breath.

"I have found out the truth about Thalambath and the one who called himself Bobbo."

"What are these truths?  And did you find any information about that one who called herself Nightbird."

Malok looked at Rhas.  The last question was said in such a calm voice but her eyes betrayed her.  Her hatred for the elven woman was quite obvious.  Nightbird had killed her sister.  Something that Malok would have thought no mere ordinary person could have done, especially not an elven, and a woman at that!  He answered Rhas carefully, choosing his words with caution.  He hated to admit it, but he was awed and yet afraid of her.  "Thalambath the Wizard and the fortress are one and the same.  It is he who allowed the Tristin's armies to defeat us so easily.  And I believe it was he who clouded Issrah's mind so she could not fight against Nightbird.  I cannot believe any other reasons but these.  And from Lord Troas's mouth I recieved the truth about the man called Bobbo.  He did not work for Troas as he led us to believe."

Rhas cooly looked at Malok.  "Master I would not disagree with you in your deductions, however I must point out some flaws in your reasoning.  One, you sent someone to Strata.  That opened the gates which allowed the Tristin's men entrance.  If that had not happened then his armies would have never gained entrance.  

And two, if the fortress of Thalambath is truely the great wizard as you say.  Then why did he not act sooner or do some other great feat of magic.  No, I do not believe it was Thalambath that clouded my sisters mind.  It was her treatment by you.  You scarred her face with your impudent use of your powers to show to that elven witch and her comforter what you could do! Instead of showing your powers upon the elven witch you did it upon my sister!  Why?  Did that elven witch bewitch you with her smile, courtisies and fair speech?  What plans did you have for her?  Was she to become your bedmate!?  Then you have made your own bed. Now leave me."

She slammed the door.  Malok stood there dumbfounded and then he became angry.  A massive fireball burst from his hands and blew in the door.  He was immediately met by several fireballs that crushed his chest and lungs.  He was thrown violently against the far wall.  He arose, stumbled and fell to his knees.  His breath was labored and pain in his left lung was almost unbearable.  

He looked up and saw Rhas glaring at him. Her red hair flew about her face like live squirming snakes.  She didn't speak, just smiled and then let loose seven fireballs at once.  Malok looked in surprise as each one melded with the other until they were one gigantic fireball.  Its heat and brightness was like standing next to a small star.  He tried to throw up a heat shield but the fireball smashed through it and through him.  In that instant he knew he was going to die. Quepruer would soon be judging him.  He stared in unbelief as he felt the flames consume his body.  He would have never thought that Rhas had the power to create a star.  A power even he did not have.  A puzzled look came over his face and like Issrah the question was, how?

Rhas went to her window and jumped down.  She landed lightly upon her feet using heat to slow her down.  She looked back and saw the citadel burst into flames.  "I will build another. Greater than this one. But first I avenge my sister upon this elven witch and the one called Bobbo," she muttered to herself as she watched the citadel burn.  

She then remembered Malok's library in the top tower. Those books and scrolls must not be lost.  She threw her right arm up, index finger pointing at the base of Maloks tower and sliced the towers base just as some flames from beneath were licking at it.  The tower toppled and it fell crashing into the ground its point piercing the ground.  It looked liked an upside down pyramid.  Rhas knew it would be safe, for it fell a great distance from the rest of the burning citadel.  She then fell upon her knees, her strength completely gone.  Her anger had fueled her power but now that her anger was slowly dissapating so did her power.  She too was amazed that she had that kind of power.  She blissfully fell asleep on the sand next to the well dreaming of...revenge!

Tristin The Tristin took his seat upon the pillows and waved his hands for Lord Bobbo and Lady Lucirina to sit also.  "Your words M'lord shall be observed.  But I wish to speak you without prying ears."  He clapped his hands and said. "Guards take Bahar to his men.  See that all are fed and well taken care of."

"Yes M'lord." one of the guards said.  They took Bahar out of the tent.  He went willingly and without a word.

Then the Tristin clapped his hands once more and from the side of the tent several women, clad in veiled clothing came forward and served.  After they served, they bowed their heads and left.  The Tristin ate and drank in silence, as if he were gathering his thoughts.  Then after sometime to allow his guests to eat and drink also he began. "Lord Bobbo, since you were a child when your family was killed I suppose your father had not been able to tell you of the Houses of Strata and how they came to being.  Would you like to hear that story and how you and your family play in that part?  I would also like to know what happened to you and how you escaped Troas's treachery?  But first I shall tell you the story of the Houses of Strata if you do not know already."

Oscar Lotus

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2003, 06:03:22 AM »

Gararion quickly grew a feeling of dislike for this standing around.

He placed the piece of map he held in his back in its portecting place.  As he did he noticed the ring that Shaint had given him, still wondering its purpose.

Gararion then slowly headed for Strata.  If Shaint needed to speak to him he could speak to him on the move.....

Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2003, 06:32:22 AM »

Lucirina looked as Bahar was taken out of the tent and felt a certain amount of relief....she did not like the men that worked for Malok.
Taking a seat on a pillow she watched the women come in and serve the both food and drink, both she acepted in silence and bowed her head slightly to them before they moved out of the tent.
She ate and drank in silence, her long ears twitching slightly as she listened to the Tristin speak without hearing him, her thoughts lost in her own pondering.
Since yesterday a thought had been troubling her, how could she, a simple wood elf armed with only a dagger from a fallen soldier, have killed one of the powerful sorceress that were with Malok, she remembered how the witch had failed to notice her presence before it was too late, yet it was said that the users of magic seemed to sense when someone was close.
Lucirina knew very little of magic, the only one she actually possesed was within her flute, now in the hand of Malok, but she was certain that it was not easy to kill a magic user, specially nit in the way she had done it.
She shaked her head slightly as she took a dink of the sweet wine in her goblet, her green eyes closed for the moment.
Then they flared open as she felt a cold shiver run down her spine, as if something evil had just touched her soul.

"Someone just walked over One's grave."

She muttered before lifting the goblet to her lips and downing all the wine contained in it. Ahhh... what she wouldn't give for a mug of Ruin-n-desolation right now, but she was too polite to ask for it, and she seriously doubted that a noble man like the Tristin carried such a wretched drink around.
Falling back into silence she closed her eyes and continued her thinking.

From sunrise to sundown I live my life as a song.
Listen to the songbird, don't ignore it.

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2003, 02:45:22 PM »

Shaint walked and caught up with Gararion "so we depart" Shaint crossed his arms and just continued walking with Gararion through the desert...

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #337 on: February 14, 2003, 03:05:22 PM »

Gararion nodded to the words of Shaint as they continued to walk.

He looked behind to see if the others were following....

Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #338 on: February 15, 2003, 02:48:22 AM »

Oscar Oscar walked silently in behind the others, sat down, watched Bahar being led out and gratefully ate and drank in silence.  He knew some about the houses, but since Lord Bobbo had not yet said anything he sat and ate.  His eyes strayed over to Lady Lucirina and he pondered Qui's unusual behavior toward her.  She was strikingly beautiful, that was true.  But there are other women out there, though rare, that are as beautiful.  Besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Oscar had thought his wife to be beautiful. And she was until her beauty and youth was taken from her by an assassins blade.  But this was not about Oscar but Qui.  What about lady Lucirina touched Qui so deeply and quickly that he would give his most precious gift away.  Of course Oscar knew that the most precious gift was a persons heart.  Did Qui give the knives because he knew he could not give his heart?  Hm..

Oscar continued pondering that other questions as he ate in silence.  Once when he had glanced at Lady Lucirina he saw her startled and mutter "One has walked over one's grave."  He thought about that.  What does that mean?  Could Lady Lucirina have figured out what the knives really meant and has contemplating something?  Or is it something else? Perhaps in her past? Or future?

Suddenly the tent flaps opened wide and Qui stepped in.  He bowed to the Tristin and Lord Bobbo, and quickly nodded to Lady Lucirina, his face flushed.  Then he quickly said. "M'Lord Tristin the guards on top of the fortress has seen something."

"Well Qui what is it?  I have not seen you this way before."

"That is because I too have seen it.  Well... at least part of it.  It was a huge mushroom shaped liked cloud that rose from the desert far to the East.  The guards said before the mushroom shaped like cloud there had been a bright light, like a piece of the sun had fallen and had crashed in the middle of the desert.  Now, the wind is picking up and a massive sandstorm is heading our way."

"We have all seen sandstorms, Qui.  But this cloud you say you have seen and this bright light.  This I am not sure of.  The fortress should provide us adaquate protection from the sandstorm.  As far as the light and cloud.  We shall deal with it if and when it comes our way.  So go and tell the guards to prepare for the sandstorm and then come and sit with us and eat while I tell Lord Bobbo about the houses of Strata."

Qui took a sly, shy glance at Lady Lucirina, his face flushed once more and then he nodded. "As you wish M'lord Tristin.  However I must decline the offer of eating with you.  There are many plans to be made, besides I have already eaten.  By your leave, Lord Tristin."

The Tristin was not quite sure to make of Qui's sudden departure of behavior. Usually Qui would welcome the chance to sit by his side and enjoy each others company.  Maybe this phenomenon he saw has really shook him up.  I wonder if I should go outside and see?  No, not right now.  Maybe later.  "As you wish Qui. You may leave."

"Thank you M'lord."  Qui quickly stepped out of the tent, paused, looked over his shoulder, gave a sigh and then walked over to the gate and began climbing the wall.  He wanted to see this sandstorm.

Inside the tent the Tristin asked. "Now where was I? Oh, yes the houses of

Oscar Lotus

Raoneth
New Santharian

« Reply #339 on: February 15, 2003, 07:39:22 AM »

No, that's one dead Aj...
Raoneth turned back in disapointment. The others seemed to be leaving anyway. He followed, slowly.
He was tired and sick and he almost fell as he staggered through the sand.
Everything will be good when I get back to Strata, everything will be good when I get back to Strata, everything will be good when I get back to Strata...
Unless whatever killed Bagh knows who I am...

Nah, Everything will be good when I get back to Strata

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2003, 09:47:22 AM »

Radaroc stood kicked some sand over the fire and walked over to his pack and bedroll.  Quickly rolling it up he tied it onto his pack, shouldered it and took off in a jog to catch up to Gararion and Shaint. "Derm come on!" he yelled to his friend, a small falcon quickly came to rest  on his shoulder.  Radaroc saw Raoneth stumble, "You need a lift Raoneth?"

In the begining I was weak.  Now I have purpose.  Stay me from my path and the Gods themselves cannot save you.

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2003, 02:01:22 PM »

Bobbo nodded to the Tristin when he asked to hear the story of the Houses of Strata. He gratefully accepted the food he was given and ate heartily. The food was wonderful, of course.

Then Qui appeared and talked about the mushroom cloud. Bobbo was not too concerned about this, but was rather concerned by the fact that he kept staring at Lucirina. Bobbo looked at Qui neutrally, trying to see his thoughts. He saw that Qui was blushing, and his cheek twitched once.

When Qui left, Bobbo sighed and said to the Tristin, "Yes, go on and tell me, my lord."

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2003, 02:56:22 PM »

Atrii looked up as Gararion and Shaint led the way. Finally it appeared as they were moving on. The ranger felt content now, his mind had other things to think of other than the dark visions that he was cursed with in his dreams. He jogged up beside Shaint and Gararion, once again saying nothing. Just quietly walking with the two stride for stride.

Silence, Complete silence is the sound of a ranger about to end your life.

Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2003, 04:08:22 PM »

Lucirina lifts her head slightly and looks at Oscar, a small smile on her lips, before returning to her own thoughts.
She knew that mages were not kind to those that did wrong to them, and she knew that Issrah had a sister and that she would probably come after her.
She let a hand stray to her forearm and touched the handle of the throwing knife, the would have to practice very much if she wanted to use those weapons, that much she knew.
As Qui moved into the tent she gave him a short smile and was rather puzzled when she saw him return nothing but a short glance, his face all flustered.
She listens quite interessed to his explanation of the cloud of smoke and the sandstorm, her mind wandering as usual.
She then rememberd her ponderings about the fire witch and wonders if she should dare to ask him to teach her to use the knives, but before she can say anything he moves out of the tent, not without giving her another short glance.
She frowned slightly and then, being the lightharted elf that she was she got to her feet and walked over to the Tristin and bowed slightly to him.

"One is sorry to bother Milord with One's requests, but One needs to ask Milord Quis a question.
One asks Milord to excuse One for a few minutes."

She turns toward Bobbo and smiles softly at him

"One will be right back."

She nods at Oscar before walking out of the tent and looking around if she could spot Qui among the soldiers.
Not finding him she decides to go to the tent she shared with Bobbo and strap on the remaining knives, knowing that she needed to get a pair of boots if she wanted to use the "Twins".
Walking out of the tent and towards the walls she spots Qui finally, standing atop of the wall, she smiled slightly and kicked off her mocasines, being a wood elf had its advantages when it came to climbing and soon she was standing right beside him on top of the wall.

"Greetings milord Qui.
One was wondering if milord would be terribly offended if One asked you to train one in the use of the throwing knifes."

She speaks as if it was completely normal for her to climb a wall to speak to someone, smiling slightly she stood waiting for his answer.

From sunrise to sundown I live my life as a song.
Listen to the songbird, don't ignore it.

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2003, 06:48:22 PM »

"Atrii, welcome back....however if one does not speak it is still as if one is not there" Shaint turned a head to Atrii "talk Atrii we are friend nothing escapes this group" Shaint continued to trudge on twords Strata,

Shaint seemed to wear his black shirt and hard leather vest with ease....even in the heat it had to be hot while wearing black.....

He who lives by the sword Lives with Pain Anger and Sorrow
But he who lives by the sword lives not with regret for he who lives by the sword lives with Redemtion

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]