Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: West Nybelmar Realms: The Western Bay  (Read 10476 times)
Miraran Tehuriden

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« on: 19 November 2007, 03:15:08 »

West Nybelmar Realms: The Western Bay: Mist, Scepteres of Tarshiïn , Inami, Orcal, Conchfolk
Mira and Decipher's draft notes.

(click on image to enlarge)

Note: All of this concerns the CURRENT political landscape.
The Inhabitants
  • The New Inami (?)
  • The Orcal
  • The Conchfolk
  • The ??? from Mist
  • The Tarshiinites
  • The Tsohamin
  • The Tiquaitan (Extinct but still worth mentioning)
« Last Edit: 14 February 2013, 15:55:31 by Coren FrozenZephyr » Logged

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Miraran Tehuriden

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2007, 03:54:33 »

the Inami

Before known written history, before the War of the Chosen, possibly even before the time of the Elves, there lived a race of powerful mages known to us now only as the Inami. It is fairly certain these creatures are connected with the apparitions known as Void Sails, and that they lived in a place that would later be the western coast of Nybelmar, where their ancient ruins still stand.

Nowadays, these ruins are occupied by a new tribe of Inami. Orcs from the Orcrist tribe that have been altered by the Void Sails, and live simple, barbaric lives in the ruins, guided by their Inami protectors. They are sleek, slender creatures with a slouched posture, their dark, orcish skin pale, their once fierce eyes showing yellowed sclera and white irisses. A 3-5 nb. wide line of hair now grown on their once bald skulls, and continues down along their spine.

Clad in simple loincloths, and with their bravery gone, these intelligent, yet simple beings are natural cowards, who will run and hide, only to turn and flock on the enemy if they have no other option. When threathened, they scream at their enemies, producing an nigh unnatural sound that pains the ears and sends shivers down even the bravest man's spines.

The New Inami are possibly the only creatures that are in contact with the old Inami, the Void Sails. It is thought that the old Inami guide the orcish changelings, although in what way exactly is not yet known, The most 'adapted' of the New Inami act as their spiritual leaders, intermediating between the New and the Old Inami.

[PURE DEV INFO FROM HERE!]
The Old Inami have mastered the void to some degree when an experiment with void mastery goes wrong, and the entire race is turned into void sails. When the Orcristh are exiled into the Orcal valley, they come up with a plan to be restored. They will take other beings, and use their remaining magical abilities to start turning them into members of their old, vanished race, teaching them their magics, and guiding them to enough power that the remaining old Inami may be returned to their original state. However, something goes wrong, or their plan is much more long term than we can imagine as at this moment, they only have a tribe of barbaric orcist degenerates, who have only leaner the most basic magics the Inami could teach them , dealing with illusion and befuddlement.

The Scepteres of Tarshiin

A realm born out of conquered lands of the once Mighty Tiquaitan Kingdom (and later republic) as well as  territories 'stolen' from the Tsohamin, the Scepteres of Tarshiin are historically quite an unusual place- with territories forever changing hands. The realm itself (despite for all intents and purposes being controlled by the Tarshiinite Men) is actually home to two very distinct ethnic groups- The Tarshiinites and Tsohamin. Before either party and their origin can be fully explained though, we must first consider the bearing that the Ancient Tiquaitan men had on the previous political and social landscape.

The Ancient Tiquaitan Empire

The Ancient Tiquaitan men could be considered High Civilisation incarnate. Formed from the three minor, warring states of Tsu, Jirai and Chima milennia ago by the great orator and divinator Anadalius, the Tiquaitan (or Union of the Tiqua) were famed for their poetry, philosophy, advanced medicine and generally ethereal existence. Characterised physically by their silvery blue hair (which custom dictated they would never cut) and above average height, the Tiquaitan did not appear as one might expect for humans. Their inalienably pale skin, in conjunction with the rare tendency to have naturally silver eyes, gave them a pure yet ghostly visage that was known throughout the North of the continent.

The Tiquaitan were also famed for their repugnance towards religion and organised faith. After the three kingdoms culminated they made a concious decision to become atheistic, though this by no means made them secular. Up until they began to make prophecies that foretold Tiquaitan's downfall, the Foreseers (those who predicted the fuure in a variety of ways) were taken with upmost seriousness. The dictatorial kings would base vital decisions on their consultation, at least in the early eras of the kingdom. As the Silver-Eyes (or Kings- since silvery eyes were considered a royal trait) began to grow obstinate in their roles, ultimately being very lazy, Tiquaitan society (previously growing exponentially) paused. With the arrival of the first (and only) brown-eyed heir to the Tiquaitan throne, they began to acquire a level of prosperity and conquest never before seen. The Tiquaitan sense of adventure was awakened.

It was however, this penchant for discovery that caused the downfall of the Tiquaitan. A typical band of explorers suddenly went missing. The seven men, who return back years later, claim to of been taught by three mysterious men (dev note: the Pyrunai brothers) an esoteric art. The King (note the royal family have returned to their lazy ways in the absence of neccesity) refuses to acknowledge this as important, which angers them. With the help of a Tiquaitan general, the Septet invade the palace and kill the entire Royal Family. After the coup is successful, the Septet declare themselves as leaders of the new 'Republic' and have the general executed for treason. As time goes on, this fresh group of leader's bring about significant expansion of the Tiquaitan realm into Tsohamin territory, though they begin to argue. As a solution, they intend to use their magic to fuse their conciouness into one mind flowing through six bodies. They all agree, but the plan fails. TBC

The Tiquaitan were a very advanced but very arrogant civilisation, famous for their medicine that gave them superhuman lifespans. The length of a Tiquaitan's life allowed for deliberation, and as such a lot was expected to be accomplished. The Tiquaitan were lovers of poetry, opera and philosophy, being notably atheistic in a region of Nybelmar famed for religious zeal. They were a self-important but nonetheless cultured and productive society. They were sadly, however, underpinned by their extreme superstition. Believing wholeheartedly in their fortunetellers, the Foreseers, the fate of thousands could be decided by the king based on how high the moon was, or if certain stars were showing on the night of prediction. The Tiquaitan were run by a strict monarchy, where approximately 1/3 of the nation's wealth physically belonged to the Royal Family, while the further two could be demanded by Royal Decree and Tax. Additionally, due to the outcome of the Republican Wars, there is no recognisable Tiquaitan presence in Tarshiin after The Breaking...despite the hidden and reclusive New Tiquaitan of Numen.

The Tsohamin, alternatively, were quite a humble people, existing for years as farmers of their domesticated boar and goats. Unlike the atheistic Tiquaitan, the guiding principle throughout the Tsohamin life is and always has been the Kunijen Faith, a complex system of spirit worship and appeasement. Though naturally a pacifistic people, all Tsohamin, both men and women, were competent fighters in honour of the Rage Spirits, strong in the belief that if they trained and honed their aggression the malevonent spirits would not interfere in their lives. It was these skills that the Tsohamin acquirred through worship that lead to their greastest venture- as mercenaries, the Tsohamin playing roles in innumerable conflicts and still acting as the bulk of the Faen armies. The Tsohamin originally existed under a clan system, with each clan's Spiritual Shaman acting as its leader, convening in instances where the interests of all clans were concerned. However, around half of all Tsohamin were killed either in battle during the Republican Wars, the subsequent famine or the Tsohamin Harrying, an insidious operation conducted by the Tarshiinites agaisnt their former allies to lay their hands on more territory. While the clan system still operates, the majority of the Tsohamin, which live in the Municipen di Fa, live starkly different lives to that of their ancestors.

The Tarshiinites, however, are the most dynamic of all the tribes. Originally living humbly in a similar way to the Tsohamin, though as cropgrowers than husbandrymen, the Tarshiinites eventually developed a hunger for the high civilisation of the Tiquaitan, idolising them considerably. It was, however, after the construction of their cities and growth of their various economies that Black Throat Fever struck, causing the rise of the Tarshiinite Priesthood (the dispensers of the antidote) in a nation that was previously atheist in imitation of their blue-haired neighbours. The Tarshiinites are the only party that benefited from the Republican Wars, approximately tripling their land-holdings and gaining vastly useful regions such as the Goldlakes of Kimka. In modern day the Tarshiinites are famous producers of Gold, Ink, Honey and Silk and even legendary for their levels of alcohol consumption. They are ruled by a 'Jartan', who is elected by the Senate, who is elected by the Free Assembly- which is theoretically democratic. At any rate, real power in Tarshiin lies with the Priesthood, who are easily much wealthier and more influential than the government itself despite having little to no official power. Importantly, the Tarshiinites have a gentry class of equal size to that of their working class, leading to a large number of scholars- meaning Tarshiin is abound with engineers, mathematicians, politicians, alchemists, linguists, historians etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2009, 22:01:14 by Miraran Tehuriden » Logged

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2007, 05:21:38 »

:: eyes go bulging::

Has Smith seen this? The idea was to have an empire there! (the architectural picture Smith reserved) - one of the reasons Krath did not expand NW (second being the agreement between Inami & Orihirim was that Inami would leave Krath alone provided Krath never crossed the boundary)

The idea was that the original Inami started out as Void Sails - only larger and more "attentive" for the lack of a better word, before they became oblivious to everything. NB: Speculations that the original inami and the creatures of light among the Orihirim mentioned in their early history share common ancestors.

Remind me again why you are fleshing all of the West!!? Just focus on your DW in Kaerath, Zhun and the Krean for now.

PS: Sarthera should be left alone.

:: I really must have an inbuilt early-warning system to always drop by just after something new is posted ::

:: disappearing again::

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Miraran Tehuriden

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2007, 05:28:32 »

And we should know this because?? Also, Smith is gone, you are basically gone, and there was a big sign reading "INAMI" on the map. Ergo, we didnt know anything was planned there, and we made our own draft version.

And we are focussing on Zhun and Kaerath (not Krean, that's all reserved for you, per your own request), but we want people to be able to do what we did; start their own homes. And as such, we define rough layouts for the western half of the continent, seeing as you only tend to come up with protests after we design anything. This was excactly the reason Decipher and i ursurped Western Nybelmar...

Avrah Kehabhra

Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2007, 05:40:45 »

1) Smith responds to his emails.

2) You were not expected to know it because you were not supposed to be redesigning the area in the first place.

3) Why did you all encourage me to spend days creating the Zhunite Masterplan if every newcomer is to be  encouraged to "start their own homes"? Nybelmar is open to development in limited areas only and that remains the position. We already have more ground than we can hope to cover even fleetingly.

What purpose do these rough layouts serve? Is there such a surge of enthusiasts to Nybelmar that existing frontiers must be pushed back ad hoc & urgently? Who will be working on all these new areas being opened to development?

4) The reason I have to come up with those protests after you come up with things is precisely because there already were tentative blueprints discussed (Smith-Coren) and these new developments occur without our consent. I give you free reign in your respected areas, especially with DW you virtually have unlimited creative control. Admittedly, a little less so for Marmarra and the Krean but that has never prevented Decipher from pursuing his projects or create decent entries. So why this sudden incursion?

5) I cannot be omni-present on the boards - indeed my online time is extremely scarce - but that does not amount to a license to recreate or innovate the whole tribal landscape.

6) I am sincerely starting to regret ever putting that map up.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Decipher Ziron

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2007, 04:26:37 »

Coren….You seriously confuse me.

Me and Miraran felt within ourselves that we had the skills and experience to take control of half a continent between us. This may have been your role previously, but you agreed to letting us have creative control over the area. In our new positions, we have the exact same powers as you between us (which IMO is more efficient than having one dictator- but this could be argued). Now we decide to create a proposal, that’s what developers do. Between us (the heads of continent now) we draw up some rough outlines for a new tribe- What will you say to that?

I think I know- ‘I haven’t made any new tribes!!!’… Well that’s not true- since Mira’s arrival, you (as Head of continent) approved the creation of the Vikh. Sure you had input from others but the final decision laid with the one with authority- You. Now that authority is us, but now you are trying to say we cant have the same power as you because we are ‘redesigning areas we shouldn’t be’. Well last time I checked we didn’t break any terms of our agreement, Krean have been left alone and I haven’t done anything to the Zhun impression you left behind, and the west is mine and Mira’s collective dominion- so I see no problem?

We intend to redesign more of the map unless you wish to fill us in on this highly ambiguous map of yours- since redesigning and working on the old and making it new is what makes progress. Just because you- who by your own proclamation aren’t around that much- want to keep everything to your plan, doesn’t mean it will be kept that way.

You define the continent or we will.

Decipher and Miraran

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2007, 02:24:42 »

This is a bit like : „The cat is out of the house and the mice are dancing on the table“ - story? I don‘t know exactly what about you are talking - developing an area which you should not or similar, but I‘m asking me following:

Are you now, as the new, self-proclaimed „heads“  going to throw out (=not respecting his plans) Coren  because he has not so much time at his hands as you have? He has spend a lot of time enabling you in the first place to create things in Nybelmar. Are you thanking him this way for his help?

I think you have forgotten a few things:

Nybelmar is NOT open for development as is Santharia or parts of Northern Sarvonia. Newcomers should be directed to the old continent and therefor „new homes“ are not needed for new developers to have their „own place“ where they can do what they want. I know that sounds unfair coming from somebody who has such a place, but I‘m here for six years now - and you have this place as well, especially Mira. Newcomers should especially not be pointed to areas which should not be developed. They can pic their „home“ within the area which is free for development, and be it just a town or area(there is enough to do there). You need to focus on what you have started in Nybelmar as the focus is on Manthria in Santharia and it will ba quite a lot of work to link the existing things together.

You are feeling now as the „head“ of Nybelmar. That may be the case ot not, but that does not give you the right to change things as you please nor to turn over old existing plans, even if they are not yet on the site due to them being a huge project.

All three major Nybelmar developers, be it Koldar, Smith or Coren are available if needed. Maybe not immediately , but they are. Wait three or four weeks till Coren has finished his exams and he will have more time on is hands. Or are you trying to bring up some ideas now which you think he would not accept because he has no time in the moment? I don‘t think so, or I hope not.

I‘m no Nybelmar expert nor do I have or want to have a say what should be done or not in this realm, but I would advise you strongly to focus on what you have started to get something done and not to expand on things you should keep your fingers of.

Just respect what others have done before you, respect their plans and you will be happier in the end.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Miraran Tehuriden

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2007, 03:10:04 »

I will start by saying the following post is written only by me, and might not coincide with Deciphers oppinion at all..

This is a bit like : „The cat is out of the house and the mice are dancing on the table“ - story? I don‘t know exactly what about you are talking - developing an area which you should not or similar, but I‘m asking me following:
Actually, it's not. When Corens nigh-unreachability seemed to get more or less permanent, Decipher and i proposed to him we could take over his tasks in Nybelmar, seeing as he obviously didnt have the time to do much work. Coren accepted after we promissed him two things; 1) We will not touch the Krean, save for mentioning them in for instance flora and fauna entries. And 2) We will try to keep Zhun (along with Kaerath the ONLY region with any kind of laid-out structure, as far as anyone (but Coren ,apparently) knows) the way he was going to make it.

This arrangement seemed not much of a hassle, and was confirmed for instance by making us moderators here so we could organise our affairs and such.

Are you now, as the new, self-proclaimed „heads“  going to throw out (=not respecting his plans) Coren  because he has not so much time at his hands as you have? He has spend a lot of time enabling you in the first place to create things in Nybelmar. Are you thanking him this way for his help?

As i have said to Coren before, it is impossible for us to respect plans we are not aware of even existing. I have no idea what got into Coren and Smith not to place their discussions on the forums, but since they didn't nobody but them can know about any parts of it. In fact, Decipher and myself feel a little haunted now, since every time we try to make Nybelmarian progress, Coren pops up and reveals more of his secret plans.

If Coren and/or Smith would give us their ideas, we wouldn't have to think of our own. (I will resist the temptation to make snide remarks about not having to think for ourselves.. aww. crud!)

Nybelmar is NOT open for development as is Santharia or parts of Northern Sarvonia. Newcomers should be directed to the old continent and therefor „new homes“ are not needed for new developers to have their „own place“ where they can do what they want. I know that sounds unfair coming from somebody who has such a place, but I‘m here for six years now - and you have this place as well, especially Mira. Newcomers should especially not be pointed to areas which should not be developed. They can pick their „home“ within the area which is free for development, and be it just a town or area(there is enough to do there).

You will notice i said "people", instead of "newbies". That was not by accident, i will assure you. Also, I think of this as a rather long-term vision. It will take years for even the western half of the continent to be roughly scetched the way Decipher and myself have scetched, for instance, the Faen and New Inami tribes, and untill then, it will not be a place ready for newbies to wander around in. But to make good entries, you need to know who and what may be found just over the horizon, as tribes, places and history isn't just little islands. The reason i could write the "Vikh tribe was because they are self-chosen 'exciles' from the rest of the world.. but most tribes need to interact with their neighbours, and as such, at least a rough outline is needed to make sure you know what general direction you need to go.

You need to focus on what you have started in Nybelmar as the focus is on Manthria in Santharia and it will be quite a lot of work to link the existing things together.

As i said above, a framework is needed before you can weave a carpet..

You are feeling now as the „head“ of Nybelmar. That may be the case ot not, but that does not give you the right to change things as you please nor to turn over old existing plans, even if they are not yet on the site due to them being a huge project.

For lack of a better term, yes. We still recognise Corens skill and abilities, but for practical reasons (Our desire to bring Nybelmar to life, rather than slouching along slowly) we requested this position from him.

Or are you trying to bring up some ideas now which you think he would not accept because he has no time in the moment? I don‘t think so, or I hope not.

m'Lady, i sincerely hope you know me better than this. I have always acted in the open, even when it might not be in my best interrest to do so.  In your defence, i can understand why you might be getting this impression. Rest assured we are not trying to undermine anyone or anything, we just seem to be lost in an invisible maze, bumping into walls (Coren's planns) at every turn.

I‘m no Nybelmar expert nor do I have or want to have a say what should be done or not in this realm, but I would advise you strongly to focus on what you have started to get something done and not to expand on things you should keep your fingers of.

Actually, your advise is often greatly appreciated, as you have intensely developed a region before. That aside, I'm nearing a point where i, personally, don't feel like i should have total controll over the Drifting Woods region anymore, as the critical entries are done, and the more people work on a subject, the more creative it tends to get. (practical limits aside, you know what i try to say..) Within a few months i will try to start working on the Morchini, and be prodding Coren at every chance to get him to work with me, as they were his idea.

Just respect what others have done before you, respect their plans and you will be happier in the end.

Fearing this is getting a bit repetive, i cannot respect plans i did not know to exist.

Sincerely,

Mira

Avrah Kehabhra

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 21 November 2007, 06:34:45 »

In this context I'd like to add a general observation: Protecting one's babies is ok, however, we sometimes go so far as to say: This and this and this is mine, right until the point that no-one else is allowed to do anything in that area - or only under extreme conditions. If these own babies then remain existing primarily in one's own head, then it is logical that a) nobody else knows it b) there's no progress on the site and c) whenever someone tries to do something in this respect it gets blocked or heavily critisized. All of that doesn't contribute to efficient world development and doesn't make happy team members.

Therefore I can only appeal not to be too strict with the persuing of own visions and allow others their creative freedom as well, or help them to iron things out - unless something is completely contradictory to some basic ideas. Personally I also have ideas and visions for regions like ancient Avennoria or Erpheronia, but if there are others who can contribute major parts of history, personalities, places etc. for these tribes, I'm happy that people bring in diversity and fresh approaches. I don't mind if people make to a degree something different from what I initially intended, that's what varying interests bring to the project. But if I have things only in my head, that maybe brings some sweet dreams for me, as everything fits together - but as realization of these ideas will last forever, there needs to be room for compromise.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Twen Araerwen
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 18

Death's Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 November 2007, 08:23:37 »

~Looks about cautiously~ "If I may be so bold? I have had the pleasure of working with Coren and Mira in the past, I truly doubt that either of them have ill wishes towards anyone. Indeed before my own departure from the development boards, Coren and I had tossed around some ideas concerning Nybelmarian magic."

"If I had moved on with this concept when I returned, would I be considered usurping his authority? I do not think he would conceive that to be my intent. Yet I can assure you that his opinions upon his return, would be adamantly considered. I only hope Coren, that you realize and understand that in a fantasy setting that the imagination is used. When others only have a vague overview of your intentions there is a broad range that is possible. This is not like physics or mathematics where there are constants that are easily observed by everyone."

"Deci and Mira took an outline of a dream that you are immense part of Coren. Neither of them having a set defined course to take, they ran with what they knew and dreamed. Would it be so hard for everyone to sit down and continue these shared visions together ... there's a reason it is called a co-operative forum. All three of you are men of vision with a diverse set of talents. An amazing continent displayed before all three of you, sounds like a wondrous place for all of us to see take shape. "
~Sincerely~
Cáo cár'tuulenís:Twen Araerwen
« Last Edit: 21 November 2007, 09:05:18 by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 21 November 2007, 09:06:05 »

Well, if somebody‘s mind crosses the thought of abandoning all the immense work already done, to give up ideas, already born but not hatched as well - even if it is only for a moment -  for he feels all effort to form it and beware the original great concept is in vain because he cannot give the project the full attention due to a demanding real life and because others come and take it out of his hands and alter it in a way he cannot accept, then in my opinion something has to be wrong.

Either you misunderstood the concept or you prefer to do it your own way, regardless what was intended before. You might not have known all of the concept, but not to touch undeveloped areas should have been clear, you don‘t need to layout the whole continent to be able to work, you should better focus on parts. (You don‘t need to know the exact pattern you want to knit in the collar when you just have started with a sleeve.) It is possible to work on parts of Western Aeruillin without knowing how the rest will look like (though Artemis has her ideas as coren has them.)

As far as I have seen it a lot of freedom was given and the child does now look different from how his fathers thought it would look like anyway, but you should not try to change which was intended to be a horse to a donkey.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Decipher Ziron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 November 2007, 18:16:33 »

As far as I have seen it a lot of freedom was given and the child does now look different from how his fathers thought it would look like anyway, but you should not try to change which was intended to be a horse to a donkey.

To be honest Talia...I find this quite insulting. Im not usually one to try and cause hostilities, controversy or general problems- but the way you word (what I assume is a reference to me and Mira) supposes we are Coren's project. I do accept Coren had a very large effect on my beginnings in the board- but I am an individual and my ideas, concepts and proposals are not based around what Coren wants. I will take into consideration his wishes, since he has had some in depth and well thought plans,  but Im not somekind of lapdog for him.

'A horse to a donkey?'- Why do you oppose new ideas! Why will having a new and fresher outlook with new people on board have such a detrimental effect? I would be happy to work with/around/respect other people's plans- If I knew what they were

You should not give someone creative control over something- only to revoke their rights when they come up with changes...

Decipher Ziron

Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 November 2007, 21:14:09 »

The child and the horse/donkey metaphores are meant for Nybelmar, Deci, not for you and Mira. Neither of you are Coren's project :)

Just my two sans,
Irid

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Decipher Ziron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2007, 00:15:29 »

Excluding the part about me being no ones pet...The rest of my argument remains valid...

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2007, 05:48:40 »

I don't want to insult anybody, I just don't know how to bring my opinion across politely. Please excuse me for that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]