Welcome Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Inauguration of Irid into full membership!  (Read 584 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« on: 02 December 2007, 23:13:32 »

Artimidor is sitting in thoughts on his desk in the New-Santhalan Library, home of the Compendium. He looks through some sheets, sorting Irid's entries and stories. Then continues on to add a few more details to her brand new membership page.

"Now where have we got that picture of hers?" he asks, looking puzzled. "I would have sworn she has sent it..." He finishes preparing the membership page anyway. "Now that should do it until I find that picture..." he adds, looking up around the corner into the Great Hall to check if first guests have already arrived.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
My current project: The Santharian Province of Manthria. Become part of it here.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2007, 23:34:24 »

Grumbling, Altario entered the Great Hall, licking at his palm and using it to comb his disarrayed hair.  Another party?  Crazy southerners and their parties!  Let's party if the sun comes up!  Oh, hey, the price of Doch nuts just dropped, let's have a party.

He sighed.  Still, it was Irid, and if anyone deserved a party, it was her.  Besides, as much as he grumbled, he was beginning to like these things.  In the back of his mind, he could imagine his own one day.

He looked about.  First one here.  He hoped that did not mean he had to help decorate.  Sighing, he looked at the delicately wrapped square parcel in his left hand.  At least this time he remembered a gift!

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2007, 23:49:46 »

"Ah, a first visitor!" Artimidor exclaims happily. "Here, Altario, nice that you drop by so earliy! I've got some garlands here that still need to be put up!"  evil

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
My current project: The Santharian Province of Manthria. Become part of it here.
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2007, 23:53:19 »

Pursing his lips and glowering, Altario sighed.  Of course!  He took the proffered garlands and began to hang them in such a way that it would be obvious to even a blind wison that a male had done the decorating.  This was the last time he showed up early for anything.

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2007, 01:15:08 »

Trying not to burst into laughter, Miraran, his Arim cat perched lazilly on his schoulders, watched for a while as the Remusian struggled with the garlands before entering the hall.

"Would you need a helping hand master Altario?" he asked politely, as the cat jumped down to sniff Alt's legs. "I'm a bit early for a change, and i have nothing better to do anyway.."

There is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  - Sean O'Faolain
Macar

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2007, 01:33:07 »

(Macar slips in silently clinging the the shadows.  "Easy does it, don't breath so loud," he thinks to himself.  Hoping to avoid doing any actual work to earn his free food, Macar ducks behind a bookshelf and peers out at the few who are already gathered and wonders how long he has to wait in order to avoid helping...)

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2007, 01:50:09 »

As Mira starts to smoothen out Altario's attempts at decoration, the Arim suddenly seems to smell something interresting, and disappears between the enchanted Cool-Boxes holding the snacks. A few moments later, Macar finds himself face-to-whiskers with a curious felina, staring at him from a bookshelf. For a moment it seems to be almost grinning at him, then it starts meowing loudly.

There is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  - Sean O'Faolain
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2007, 11:35:49 »

Irid looked into the mirror, smoothing out any wrinkles in her brand new dress. It was a nice dress, not too elaborate. The cut was rather simple, but it made her skin have just the right colouring, and the bodice clung to her body just right. She was happy with it. Her hands strayed upwards, checking her hair. It was made up elaborately, with a Cerubell flower woven into it to complete the hairdo. One last time, she checked the mirror, her golden eyes travelling from top to bottom. Perfect!

She turned around and faced the door. Suddenly, the nerves were acting up. A whole band of butterflies were wreacking havoc in her guts. This was it, this was finally it! She'd worked for years for this moment. Ok, so she probably would have been here earlier if she'd not spent so much time on that other Santharian place, and actually done some more compendium-writing, but oh well! She'd finally made it anyway, so that didn't matter. Hopefully this inauguration would be an incentive for her to actually execute all the ideas she had.

Would she go in now? The room she was in was just opposite the hall. Maybe not just yet, she would just wait a little longer to make sure all the decorations were in place. With another turn, she was facing the mirror again, fidgetting a bit, making sure that everything was just right. She wanted this party to be perfect; she'd dreamed about it for so long...

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Rookie Brownbark

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2007, 12:03:41 »

A little grey blur swooped down into the room, circling once to crys of "Sllow dow', sllow dow'!" from a something which gradually came into focus as the Myrddin falcon lost excelleration.  The yelling creature formed into the shape of a small Brownie.  As her mount skidded for purchace on the wooden floor, Rookie jumped swiftly down, landing slightly unsteadily.  The package tied to her back wobbled precariously but didn't fall off.  Phew.  "'ello!" The tiny brown-skinned woman greeted the surrounding people.  Irid wasn't here yet?  Where was everybody? Earlyness was not something Rookie was used to.

Meanwhile, Ekre the falcon had given up on landing and taken off once more, heading for a nice solid perch on the top of Arti's desk.  Sending a pile of papers scattering across the desk, she settled happily, rearanging her feathers with a few shakes of silvery wings.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2007, 12:05:27 by Rookie Brownbark » Logged
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2007, 13:07:21 »

"Come, come, step lively, if you please!"  A party of servitors, staggering under their trays of delicacies, seem to be swept in by the energy of the woman who enters the room behind them, her clay-brown skirts whisking about her ankles and her green eyes sparkling.   "You see, while you've been dillying along the corridors, the first guests have already arrived!"

She clicks her tongue as the trays are set down on the trestle table that extends nearly the width of the hall at one end.  "That's all the heated things?  I'm sure there must be more...  well, then, you can unpack the coolboxes and watch you don't freeze your fingers when the spell snaps..."

One of the younger servants mutters as he bends to begin unpacking the fresh raw coastal fish and the chilled trysters, "You'd think Mistress Judith was the Chatelaine, not the Bard around here..."  Luckily the aforementioned woman is already striding over to Altario with a welcoming grin and doesn't hear him.

"My dear! Good to see you... er, can I give you a hand adjusting those garlands?"

"Every human being is interested in two kinds of worlds: the Primary, everyday world which he knows through his senses, and a Secondary world or worlds which he not only can create in his imagination, but which he cannot stop himself creating." W.H. Auden
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 December 2007, 14:59:37 »

Altario stepped back from his work, quite proud of himself.  Actually, this garland placing job wasn't that hard.  Maybe he had a special talent afterall.  Then from the corner of his eye, he noticed Mira readjusting his hard work.  He opened his mouth to say something, when the noble Bard Judith approached him, wearing a welcoming smile, and a look of pity in her eye.

He listened to her request to help, and looked back to his work.  "What?  Is it that bad?"  It took only a moment of objectively looking at the haphazard way he had strewn the garlands about to realize that Yes, it was that bad.  He scowled, more from embarassment than anger.  "This is Art's fault.  I never claimed to know nuthin' 'bout flowers.  If it ever snows in this darned place, I'll make ya a snowman!"

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 03 December 2007, 20:01:37 »

Mira was humming to himself as he adjusted the garla.. no wait, did that wreath of flowers just climb up a few span on it's own? Suddenly it becomes clear that the Nybelmarian herbologist has been cheating with the decorations, and is making them drape themselves along the walls!

As a large mash of sagged garland unties itself from the knot that Altario somehow managed to get them into, and snakes around a pillar, Mira turns around to see what all the commotion is about.

"My dear Judith, have you been tormenting the servants again by makeing them actually do some hard work?" he laughs, and steps aside as a Cooling Box is untied improperly and unleashes a wave of cold, making the guilty maid cradle her nearly-frozen hand back to warmth...

Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 03 December 2007, 22:36:59 »

Arceon was running down the corridor, occasionally stumbling on his ceremonial black robe, keeping an eye on a strange package under his arm. The package was unsafely bouncing while the dark figure stepped through endless rooms of the Compendium. Just before entering another room, he suddenly stopped, fixing his long white hair and checking the package. When he entered the Great Hall, he saw that all the commotion about the party has already started but as he didn't see Irid yet, he just released a silent *phew* and stepped in the nearest dark corner, hoping that he will not be drafted for helping in the final preparations for the party.

Morcaanan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 December 2007, 22:48:14 »

Arriving in a stunning Nor'sidian eben with xazure trim, and an Urzash curled comfortably on his back and shoulders, Morcaanan lugs a wooden and iron-bound chest before him, securely locked and chained up.

"There!" he declares, setting the chest down. "Phew. I need to stop these extravagant gifts for these parties. I am too lazy to be doing this much work." Having said this, he plops himself down on the chest and eyes the garlands with a critical eye.

"Looks like someone needs some classes" he says aloud and to no one in particular. "Don't you think...hey!" he cries in consternation, for his drake has gone to inspect the food trays. Hastily scooping up the errant beast, he backs quickly to his chest, hoping the Bard did not see the little drake snatch something.

Morcaanan - also known as Morc, Korim, Scales, A-13, Dearest Brother, PJ, Prime Minister, and various other random titles and honoraries.
Macar

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 03 December 2007, 23:47:21 »

"0whew, look at all these people... I guess it's too late for me to help eh... Ah too bad, would have loved to lend a hand", saud Macar grinning sheepishly.  "So, when do we eat?"

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[Today at 04:47:24]

[Today at 04:33:05]

[Today at 01:03:18]

[Yesterday at 22:07:39]

Hi!
[Yesterday at 18:49:19]

[Yesterday at 15:06:14]

[Yesterday at 14:57:24]

[Yesterday at 13:55:47]

[Yesterday at 13:51:06]

[Yesterday at 12:12:46]
Members
Total Members: 3327
Latest: carlson_15
Stats
Total Posts: 93355
Total Topics: 7804
Online Today: 30
Online Ever: 125
(21 June 2007, 19:36:12)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13
Total: 14

Last 10 Shouts:
Today at 04:17:21
Hi Orril, welcome back!
Happy new year everyone!
Today at 02:09:24
hug
Today at 02:09:03
YAY!! TWÉN!! And yes I'm back to stay ^^
Today at 02:03:32
So Orill The winds of change do yet blow. Welcome back Master of the Wind! hug
Today at 01:30:58
Well, well, it seems this dream is going quite well... How long has it been since I left? 2 years? 3 years? And I still see familiar faces. Happy New Year Santharia
Yesterday at 13:57:24
We have both - a New Year's Eve party where we stay up late with friends and recall good events of the past year - and a church service on New Year's Day where we think about the future... :)
Yesterday at 07:39:47
@ Artimidor, we have a tradition of going to church and praying in the new year.
30 December 2007, 21:27:17
Pshaw!  Use any excuse to party!
30 December 2007, 21:18:22
@Hylp: Well, I'll just have a few drinks with some friends, and that's about it. I don't really celebrate extensively simple because a date changes... ;)
30 December 2007, 21:15:08
Anyone onlien?????? Lonleeey, I am so loooonleeey......... :P