Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for illustrations- temporarily re-opened  (Read 20315 times)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« on: 15 July 2009, 00:34:33 »

I am opening this thread to collect any suggestions or wish-lists for entries that need to be illustrated.  Of course any entry without an illustration, needs one.  But we (the artists) would like to prioritize efforts on any entries that YOU really, really want to be illustrated.  

So I suggest that this can be a thread for any of the artists to pick from when they need suggestions. Let us know if there is a particular artist you want to draw an entry.  Otherwise any of us may pick it. If you prefer to send one of the artists your suggested via a PM, please do so.  

This is NOT first come first serve.  We will draw the entries we find inspiring at the moment.  Our interests change over time.  Please don't be offended if one of your suggestions doesn't get drawn right away.

Suggestions so far

-Cairnhoom Creature
-Rusthound
-The Ruins of Fanghenge

-Salen Pins- Jenna
Leaf Ferret- Jenna

-The Keep's Heart - Faugur

-Veel Elixir- Bard Judith
-Vaninen Concoction- Bard Judith
-Svaq - Bard Judith

-Caracal- Talia

-Horsefay-Shayan
-Mithral Wolf- Shayan
-Sandlily-Shayan
-Lady fingers- Shayan
-Gemflower- Shayan

Stuff for Nepris Module (these examples do not necessarily have entries)
-worm
-flesh eating fish
-daggers
-clubs
-swords
-Baveras Shrine- Talia
« Last Edit: 20 November 2010, 02:12:17 by Seeker » Logged

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2009, 01:27:50 »

Any preference perhaps? Like: portrait, landscape, building, place, beast, plant, an item... Something smaller that wouldn't take ages, but is essential to have, or something more epic?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2009, 01:58:02 »

Yes all to all with one clarifaction.  I am not currently interested in drawing individual user's forum portraits sorry sorry

Otherwise, I say yes to all because I am interested in a mix.  For example after drawing Elving I was "worn out"and I was interested in some smaller, easier projects, hence I drew the axes.  Epic stuff is great.  Essential stuff which sometimes translate into "not as interesting" is good too, because it gets used.   Do you have some ideas? :D

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2009, 02:05:42 »

From my entries... I'll go with Dark Strike Shark and Frozen Tombs of Gourdynn :D

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2009, 02:21:51 »

I'll have to look around what could be interesting... One of the key things I guess would be to do something that is as specific "Santharian" as possible, so that it really depicts an aspect of the world. Like a typical landmark as you did with the Elving picture, to name an example. When you think of Elving you now have this particular picture in mind, and you automatically have an idea what that hall stands for. So this is a wonderful example on how to represent something that is of Santharian nature and really helps identifying. With your Alvang illustration we'd get another picture that can easily be associated with an aspect of the site.

Thus, generally speaking, the epic and more complex pictures would be representations of either very typical places (major towns e.g.) or of tribes that might have thorough entries, but no pics yet. These serve to make a very clear difference between human and human, orc and orc etc. So the Chyrakisth picture is another splendid example in this context.

A simple weapon from time to time is also great to get that section done more thoroughly. For example the two recent axes push our axes illustration count to three, so this makes it possible to put in a representative axes pic in the main Weapons overview. Such pictures might be relatively easy to do, yet they serve to build the main Weapons Overview, the type overview and finally the entry - so everything in that context is double and triple helpful. :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2009, 02:45:32 »

In terms of weapons: Remusian Warsword There's a rather nice bulk of information here and it's something of a cultural weapon, being important to Remusians as it is.

The bestiary seems to be rather well illustrated in some cases, while the herbarium languishes  it would be nice if Zifel or Trinity herb might be illustrated?

Perhaps, if you're up to a challenge a scene from Ciosa?

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2009, 04:18:17 »

I think a picture of one of the many varieties of Seth's Hivelings would be amazing! I understand that this would probably be quite an intricate bit of work, with all those insects ...

Two other ideas:

How about a band of Baal Ogre children playing with Gigglepebbles? Ogre children like a good game of Ghuff'aaw-Tharrokk (that is, Gigglepebble-bashing)...

If you ever feel like doing a forest scene, either of the Shaded Forest, or of a jungle in Nybelmar or on R'unor, you could consider putting a Gossiper Bird on one of the branches ...

I'd be grateful and delighted! (But not offended if you're not interested, of course.)

« Last Edit: 15 July 2009, 04:45:54 by Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang » Logged

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2009, 04:37:51 »

Why not the Hiveling? A good masterwork deserves a good illustration, I'd say!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2009, 06:56:50 »

Kyrattin Cattle maybe? My attempt at a picture for them wasn't terribly successful ... as you can see if you go here. It has also been described as the 'We Are Not Amused' Cow.

Edit ... added in the Kyrattin Cattle link
« Last Edit: 15 July 2009, 07:01:15 by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2009, 07:19:22 »

grin  Dek   That cow brings a huge smile to my face.   lol lol lol Very cute.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2009, 03:28:46 »

*haha* Indeed! That cow sketch is perfect... lol

Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2009, 03:37:03 »

Thanks for the suggestions guys!  :D  I got a few over PMs as well.  I'll be busy. As a rule I will let the author know over a PM if I am going tackle a drawing of their entry.  Thanks again!  thanx

Morden Peshirgolz
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 July 2009, 06:37:02 »

If you're still taking suggestions, the Krumhorn Beast, Cavernfire Bush, and Red Grain are all things I've written. If you have the time and energy after getting to everybody else, of course. :)
« Last Edit: 23 July 2009, 11:11:30 by Morden Peshirgolz » Logged
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 23 July 2009, 09:15:23 »

Are all of these only for Seeker, or can anyone put their bid in to illustrate something?   I know I'm not available at the moment, and when I get back to my own tablet, Art has at least three 95%ers waiting for me to finish first, but I do like to have several projects on the go so that when I get tired of looking at one I can move to another......

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 July 2009, 09:27:47 »

I know any of my entries that you would care to illustrate, I'd be more than happy to hand to you :)

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]