Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: some trouble needed :)  (Read 2867 times)
Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« on: 25 May 2006, 19:58:00 »

Yo, Coren :D  I'm alive... lol ehem...ok. Uhm... I was thinking that I kinda need your Krath folks to be raided really really bad some time by the Benderran people. Maybe just before Dearan? He was rebuilding the empire anyway right? Maybe that's why they moved the capital to the now-Zhunite desert?

Thing is that I need some huge amounts of loot (especially gold/shiny pretty stuff) to be carried to Benderra maybe over a short (Nybelmar timeline-wise) period of time. I will probably design similar troubles in the east if we agree on this issue (it would be even cooler to write about Murmillion Legates fighting against these Benderran barbarians alongside the Kassites :devilish  ...ehem, yeah, again a laughter just for the connoisseur)

PS: this is because of that D'Alba guy who I think he saw some nice shiny city in Benderra while hovering in that Inami...

Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2006, 00:28:00 »

There are two possibilities:

1) Pre-Dearan: The Banderran raid happened just before the ascension of Dearan (or a few days afterwards). This is because: Had there been no Dearan, the Emperor before him (who to the shock of everyone broke the rules of succession and passed the throne to Dearan btw) would have been one of the greatest - and certainly the "gloriest" Grand-Karoth of the Krath Empire. (I had in mind for him a sort of Suleyman the Magnificient figure) So, if the Banderrans ever found an opportunity and the temerity for a raid of that size, it has to be in a period of turmoil or weakness. Maybe towards the end of that Suleyman-figure's life when he is too old and frail to lead the army himself.

The one problem here is that you can be sure that as soon as Dearan establishes himself there will be a severe retaliation... Maybe that is why the Banderrans quite strangely for a nomadic people built that shining city. They realized just how infuriated Dearan would become so they "invested" that gold into something more solid (a city) to prevent Krath from taking it back.

2) Sometime after Dearan's disappearance. This could be slightly before or during the Orcal Wars. Remember what I said about Krath not being able to assert its dominance over all its territory anymore because they had to wage war on too many fronts? This could be one of those numerous battles

OR: We could have both: One pre-Dearan (Dearan reclaims the gold back and the Banderrans are subdued although they now hold a "grudge"). And one during the Orcal Wars (sort of a revenge; the Banderrans were too frightened of Dearan to attempt it during his reign or even immediately after...)

I don't know if what I wrote above makes sense - I'm running late so I had to hurry!

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2006, 01:14:00 »

Cool, we'll have them both. I can even write a nice little legend for them (when it will be the case :)  ) saying that the said city was built in order to display but also hide the "glorious" loot. That's why the city is actually so elusive, as it appears only in the stories of some lost caravan traders and this D'Alba guy (I'm not sure about the more recent times though, maybe someone needs to find it eventually). Hmmm... yep, maybe Dearan did retaliate, but that was just the thing that started the myth: he never managed to find the lost loot, just some nomads talking about a shiny city that only a "true" Benderran can have access to.

Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2007, 03:56:27 »

These things are getting harder to keep together! So much info scattered all across the board I feel I can't track everything down anymore lol

Let's remind each other to put this into the timeline once we (or rather "I", the guilty party) resumes it

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2007, 04:10:14 »

I would like to reiterate that getting some basic general Nybelmar history on the site wouldn't hurt. As long as things don't get up on the site, they will stay a good deal complicated to organize.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2007, 04:18:02 »

We are (or at least were) working on the timeline Artimidor but halfway through a lot of things started not to make sense - so we have to go back now and decide/rearrange the dates for the milestones and scrap a lot of things. E.g. the timing for the Dearanic period is a pain - no matter where I put it, something else contradicts it. I think I will have to redo my whole plan for their history. It takes time.

Takór Salenár
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2007, 06:22:52 »

Coren, I 'm just about to do such an nice entry thread like Art did for places and thought I may add a link to a thread where I list all unfinished work or other interesting discussions so I can find them when i look for them. Just look at the cosmol. forum, I have started already some time ago and will add not only discussions which will never make it on the site, but unfinished entries as well.
And I will add a link/thread called "moderator's notebook" where I simply collect all things which need to be done.
Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2007, 03:39:06 »

Lol, that's what I began to do on my laptop yesterday! It is a very good idea to have a separate thread for them (linked to the main "Arti-thread") - thanks! 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]