Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Darkgate draconians  (Read 2215 times)
Darkcrow5

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 19 September 2003, 12:28:00 »

Basic Overview
These great demonic dragonoid creatures hunt the souls of the living, stalking the mortal realm. It stalks in the darkness and lives in shadow. They tempt corrupt being to do evil beings or simply devour their victim and make way back to the pits of it’s spawn only to return once more. The Dark Gate Draconian Covered in scales and enwrapped in black flames they are rare and those who are wise shall stay away or die fighting. It is said that only the pure of heart may defeat the Dark Gate Draconians but the truth only lies in legend.  

Not finshed

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2003, 11:32:00 »

Not finished?  Not started!

Excuse me, but where did these come from?

Does this have ANY basis in Santharian / Caelerethian mythology, religion, or culture?  Dark Gate?  Draconians?

Sorry, Darkcrow, but who are you and where did YOU come from?     :confused    Perhaps if you have a suggestion for a new creature or a serious and creative addition to our mythology you could post it in the Requests and Ideas forum and get some feedback before you proceed.

I am certain that the name 'draconian' was originated by Weiss and Hickman, of the Dragonlance series, and is not Tolkienesque or even generic fantasy - in which case we can't use the title.  I also believe that we have a number of demons and dragons already elaborated, should you require some sort of 'corrupt being' for your RPG needs.  Try checking the Compendium at www.santharia.com.

If you have other questions or comments, just post a reply here, please, and we'll try to clarify.

Edited by: Bard Judith at: 9/20/03 3:46

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Darkcrow5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2003, 14:58:00 »

Well some will say I came from the pits of darkness and spawn from the mouth of hell,LOL

But indeed I am looking for refrences and Ideas for the creation of my own novel and I saw this link so I decided to add a creature of my own creation and perhaps add to this world of yours.

But correct me if I am wrong is fantasy not of which you make of it? Generic or not every one has their own version of how they proceed to see things from diffrent points of view as well as their own relm of imaganation for if my philosphy is wrong... enlighten me.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2003, 12:30:00 »

Ah!  :idea   Well, thank you for the elucidation, Darkcrow! ....

The Santharian Dream is a creative conglomeration of philosophical dreamers who have agreed to abide by a simple set of rules in order to construct a unique fantasy universe.  (well, that's my definition, anyhow.  Check out www. santharia.com for the official version...)

Fantasy is very definitely what you make of it - or in this case what we are making together.  The Santharian world, known as Caelereth, has its own specific philosophies, religions, languages, races, fauna, flora, currency, games, utensils, alcoholic beverages, and swear words (although it pays homage to its inspiration, JRR Tolkien, in some areas).

We do appreciate participation and contribution, but we do insist upon certain standards of creativity and quality.    :number1    ALL images available on the site were made directly for Santharia by our own in-house artists or were used with direct permission of the original fantasy artist.  All plant, beast, tribe, and clan entries follow a system which has been developed over the course of several years, and are the stronger for it.   All of the entries are cross-linked so that they support the intertextualization and three-dimensionality of Santharia's atmosphere.   All copyrights belong to the Dream which vows never to make our material commercial.  :D   And, with such high standards, we need to protect our existing material against web piracy and plagiarisation, as has been demonstrated before... :rolleyes  

So you are welcome to enter our 'realm of imagination', by all means - find out what that involves, immerse yourself in the already richly-detailed and multi-textural universe of the Dream, and check out the cross-references available throughout the site!  :read   www.santharia.com

Regards from the bard,
Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Bard Bumbledink

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2003, 12:44:00 »

Yes i was about to add such a post myself Judith. Very well written :)

Psst, this is Llian BTW :)  

Darkcrow5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2003, 06:41:00 »

Think you I would enjoy it most, and I apologize if I seemed even the slightest bit rude.

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2003, 05:22:00 »

LLIAN!! :: hugs him until he turns an xazure before sticking a cerubell into his hair.:: Yay! :clap  

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Llian Aarchim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2003, 07:10:00 »

Hello there Rayne *hugs* :)  

The Santharian Dream
The Santharian Development Board
•Contact the Santharian Weapons Master at john.s.gage@btinternet.com.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]