Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fledged Wolf  (Read 3883 times)
Aislyn Draconis

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 14 October 2003, 10:26:00 »

So here's a pet beast that I've been goofing off creating for a little bit. Please tell me what you think of what I've got so far and any ideas.

Appearance: wolf-like head with extra-long canines.
wolf body
male: .75 ped height, 1.25 ped long, 2 ped wingspan
female:.5 ped height, 1 ped lenght, 1.5 ped wingspan
large feathered wings
long squirrel-like tail
black.grey/brown colored.

Mating: Pair for life when about 2. Before that, the males live in herds of 3 or 4. They bear 1 young, twice a year.

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2003, 20:28:00 »

I believe that it would do well in one of two areas if you wanted to create it.  The first would be as a creature that is no longer alive or say one left that was created during the War of the Chosen millenia ago.

The other would be in a mythological sense, perhaps as an animal of one of the gods.  Like the griffen is or something.

aisyndraconis
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2003, 13:03:00 »

OK then. Maybe it would be good if the creature was "an animal of the gods." Though I also like the idea of it being extinct.
Any other ideas?

Arancaytar Ilyaran

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2003, 13:21:00 »

This might sound a bit pointless, but... does it fly? The wings suggest it, but you don't mention it, so...

This sounds like one hell of a good heraldic symbol, too. I wonder what it could symbolize.

Arancaytar Ilyaran

"He who quotes me is a fool"

Aislyn Draconis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2003, 16:05:00 »

Why yes, it does fly. My idea was that it was used by a tribe of hunters that have either disappeared into obscurity (read no longer exist) or merely have retreated into some unknown region where no one has found them.

Heraldic symbol?:idea  I rather like the idea.

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2003, 09:28:00 »

Hmmm, how do you feel about elves?  Because in the farthest reaches of Northern Sarvonia there was once a kingdom of elves to rival that of Fa'av'cal'ar.  Though it is now naught but a legend.  (It was destroyed long ago, and only ruins exist.  who knows what was still left behind though)  

This could have been a creature of theirs and their heraldic symbol as well, or the heraldic symbol of the guardian aspect of those people.  I have to flesh them out better still.  anyway, just a thought as you said you were interested in putting up some things for the North.

Dirg'mystrume of the Helvet'ine Kuglimz.  
Lord of the North

Aislyn Draconis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2003, 16:22:00 »

Northern Elven beast? I like the idea. I could possibly make it a bit larger and it could have been used as a riding beast.
At any rate, I'll post a better description of it when I get the chance.

Aislyn Draconis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2003, 11:44:00 »

Overview:
The Fledged Wolf is a now gone creature of Northern Sarvonian. It was used as a hunting beast by tribes of the North, and a symbol by a powerful Elven race, also long gone.

Description:
The Fledged Wolf had a wolf-like head and body with extra-long canines. The legs were long and built for speed. The Fledged Wolf had large wings that allowed it to fly in search of prey and to get to the caves in which they lived. The wings were generally black wing grey or white tips on the feathers. The tail of the Fledged Wolf was long and bushy. The wolf was generally black, grey, or brown in color. The tail of the females had a red tip, and the whole tail would change color when they were in heat.
The male Fledged Wolf was .75 peds in height, 1.25 ped long, and had a 2 ped wingspan. It also had talons on the end of its wings, which could be used to bring down prey from the air.
The female Fledged Wolf was smaller. She was .5 peds in height, 1 ped in length, and had a 1.5 ped wingspan. Her tail would turn crimson when she came into heat. The female stayed in the cave and raised the young

Special Abilities:
The Fledged Wolf could fly. It also could store food for long periods of time, which meant it had to eat food less often than a normal carnivore. The Wolves were intelligent and, if trained properly, would make good hunting beasts. Their thick coats were warm and made their skins prized as pelts to make into clothing.

Territory:
The Fledged Wolf lived in caves in the mountainous regions of Northern. They were not territorial, and several pairs lived in the same area.

Habit/Behaviour:
The Fledged Wolf lived in mountain caves. They were not aggressive to their own kind, but visciously defended their home from all intruders.

Diet:
The Fledged Wolf lived mainly on the meat of large animals. The male would catch one and bring the meat to his den and mate in several trips. They would then eat all the meat and store the excess energy in their fat. However, if there was a young one, some meat would be set aside so it could eat once a week.

Mating:
The males live in groups of 3 or 4 until they are 3 years old. At this age, they find a female to mate for life with. The females are usually 2.5 years old. When the female comes into heat, she takes to the skies and flies in the hope of attracting a male. The bright red of her tail is visible for a wide area, and the unpaired males all see it. When any male sees her tail, he also takes to the skies and flies in pursuit of her. The male who lasts the longest or catches her is her mate. The female comes into heat twice a year, and she bears a single cub at each birth.

Usages:
The fur of the Fledged Wolf was very warm and prized by traders the World over. It was also a valuable hunting animal and used in that capacity by some tribes of the area.

Drogo
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2003, 11:21:00 »

I'm glad to see that you have added more to your entry, I would suggest some more description to help fill it out even more.  Things such as how the wings are positioned on the body, how it is that the animal uses its wings, etc.

Also the area that I suggested as a possible home for them is an ancient forest.  They could live in some caves in that area.

Under Behaviour you have that they are very protective, so you might want to add something about a bonding experiance with the elves in the area that allowed them to not fall victim to their posessiveness over their homes.

Dirg'mystrume of the Helvet'ine Kuglim.  
Lord of the North

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 18 October 2003, 12:01:00 »

General note, especially as this is very obvious at the Description part, Aislyn: Try to use more elaborate sentence constructions! If you take a look at the Description paragraph you'll find everywhere the typical subject-verb-object constellation ("The Wolf is...", "The legs were..." and so on). If you use that too much it looks very simplistic, so some variety here would be  helfpful, like starting with "Often", "Sometimes" , "It is said", "From what is told by..." and so on. Just a bit creativity in this respect can make the entry look much more interesting, I'm sure;)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Aislyn Draconis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 October 2003, 11:27:00 »

I'll get a final draft up soon. I've been looking it over and hope to have it up by early next week.
-Aislyn.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]