Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: So many questions...  (Read 12316 times)
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 11 June 2004, 13:03:00 »

I guess it really depends on what you want to do. You can still make a character with magic. Just keep in mind that the magic system's not entirely done.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Taranos

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 June 2004, 07:34:00 »

Hmm, well, I would want to have telepathy, telekinesis if possible too (not too far, like 10-20 peds, just to per example get a distan object, like a torch, push a lever, etc.), 1 or 2 offensive spells (gotta defend me after all),  Flame Control, Rise Flame and Light.

Ain't much asking is it?

P.S. When per example extending/growing a candle fire with Flame Control to make sort of a fire wall about 4 peds long and 1 ped wide & high, would that hurt the same as a candle or more?

Wise is the one, who doesen't tryes to understand all...

Where the 3 most deadly species meet... at "Underground monsters"

Edited by: Taranos at: 6/11/04 15:38
Kikhku

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 June 2004, 09:44:00 »

If you have teleknesis, you really don't need another offensive spell.  You have teleknesis (throwing rocks, sharp things, etc at the attackers with your mind).

You're not asking much, but what you are asking would take around 30-ish years to learn assuming you were studying at Ximax.

Dear Beth.....

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 June 2004, 12:27:00 »

Maybe longer. You're mixing two elements: Wind and Fire. It would take a pretty long while to get good in both of these elements.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Taranos

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 June 2004, 10:43:00 »

It's ok for me to be 50 years old. About telekinesis, I won't allways find objects to throw, like per example in a corridor or something. But your're right, so 1 additional offensive spell (for which I don't need any near objects) would still be needed.

And about 2 different elements, Mentalism is supposed to be a natural talent of the psyrpents. They of course need a bit training to learn to control it, but they the power since born, only need to learn how to use it. 50 years should be enought, but if you really think it takes more, well then propose me an age.

P.S. Please respond my question about Flame Control.

Kikhku

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 June 2004, 11:41:00 »

Hmm, he was asking for two levels in two elements, right?  Or was that level three.  I'm so tired right now..

You know there are wind elemental attacks spells, don't you?  Replace your fire fantasy with clap of thunder or some other low level lightning based concoction and you should be okay.

Dear Beth.....

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 June 2004, 14:18:00 »

You have to be sure you're putting all things into context. At 50-years old, your character would have the same mentality as a human mage at the age of 27. Plus, you can't actually join the school of Ximax until you're 12. Just make sure you're keeping up with all these figures, all right?

The Flame Control doesn't actually do anything. Well, it does, but it doesn't have any active effect. Haha. An active element having a passive spell sounds silly, but it's true. The spell merely allows you to connect yourself to the surrounding cár'áll so that you can use it better. It's just something you do before you do another spell. It's a low-level spell for low-level ages, though.

The psyrpents are psychic Serpents. That's how their name is derived. They have only the power of mentalism as far as being able to communicate psychically with others. It doesn't extend to things like telekinesis.

Taranos

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 June 2004, 16:44:00 »

I would also preffer wind element, but if I'm gonna be a "mage" Psyrpent I'll be phisically weak, thought I need strong offensive spells to make that up, and according to Rayne I would be stronger in fire than in wind. Still we haven't decided which offensive spell I'll be able to cast. If telekinesis ain't a natural talent of the psyrpents, well, then to hell with it.

Rayne, I'm aware that being 50 years old would make me have a mentality of a 25 or 27 years old human (whatever), but are you trying to tell me that my mentality would still be too young to learn those magic? This would mean I would have to be 100 years old to be able to learn really damaging spells, which is totally unacceptable. At 100 years Psyrpents loose their mentalism, and they live till 120 (usually suicide at 110). I don't want to be a freaking old cranky mean (no offense, I'm simply young and thus it's not ok to play an old character). Besides that, it's not fair and very unbalanced.

A 25 years old human would be a quite good fighter if he choosed the path of a warrior, and wouldn't have big troubles against a mage of the same race & age, since a 25 years old human mage doesen't have hurting offensive spells (and if yes, no spell that actualy hurts much). Let's take per example Clap Of Thunder. A human able to learn that spell would be around 30 years old (when learning since child at ximax), and, I quote:

The level 3 attacks of this spell are relatively pathetic, and will be only send a person into a mild shock, putting their hair on ends and dulling their senses.

But a 30 years old human, who learned and trained to fight since child, is a deadly foe, even at 25 years, as he only needs to strike at the mage with his sword and we have a well dead mage. True, Clap Of Thunder has a range of 15 peds, but the lightning bolts don't follow the target, so if the warrior is running towards the mage, he easely evades the bolts. Not even talking about the casting time, the magic formula, reagents and all stuff.

Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 June 2004, 17:17:00 »

Actually, at 30, a Ximaxian mage would already be at level 5.  That is, if it works here the same way it works on the RPG board.  They graduate at the age of 36, which is when they reach level 6.  It might be true that a 25 year old mage might be defeated very easily by a warrior of the same age, but the same cannot be said of a 36 year old mage, I believe.  

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14 June 2004, 01:04:00 »

Quote:
Rayne, I'm aware that being 50 years old would make me have a mentality of a 25 or 27 years old human (whatever), but are you trying to tell me that my mentality would still be too young to learn those magic?

Yes, if you're going to combine both wind and fire spells. If you're going to stick with fire, than no.

Taranos

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14 June 2004, 07:19:00 »

I'm not gonna learn telekinesis as said before, so I don't learn any wind magic. To learn till level 6 I would then need to be 72 years old, that gives me the creeps >.<. But that's still too few, since with lvl 6 I could only cast Searing at lvl 4 (Burning Hands), which barely hurts anyone (even more, it heals). This is all so messy...

Wise is the one, who doesen't tryes to understand everything...

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #41 on: 14 June 2004, 09:46:00 »

*Wonders why Taranos is afraid of playing an older char*

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Taranos

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 14 June 2004, 17:26:00 »

*reads mind, and answers* Cause I'm not old, I'm still a youngster, young vegetable. Some people get health problems at around 40 years, back hurts, white hair grows, skin folds, etc etc etc. Now don't get it in the wrong throath, I respect and admire old people, but I just don't want to be old, but still want to be able to use magic, cause magic fascinated me since being an embryo. When I was around 9-12 years old I got inspired by a game (Secret Of Evermore), where you could do magic by alchemic means. Per example, to do a fireball you needed wax and oil. So one day I tried that out by myself, getting a piece of wax, wrapping it up in a piece of paper (I thought it would help burn) and sprinkled oil on the paper, then torched it and throw it. Nothing magical, really, lol. I didn't really thought it would work, but I hoped it :D

Besides that, this is supposed to be a rpg, so I should play the way I am, and being old is not what I am.

Taranos

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 June 2004, 07:46:00 »

They took Dragon Language away? ooooh noooooooooooooo :speechless  that was the only language I found cool and was going to learn >.<

P.S. C'mon peolpe, I know you are there, answer me!

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 June 2004, 10:58:00 »

The Dragon language was unformulated and unorganized. It was also a language no one really knew how to use. The entry was basically a list of words, which doesn't do anyone any good.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]