Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: So many questions...  (Read 12147 times)
Taranos

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 16 June 2004, 11:34:00 »

Well I've an idea of how to use em. As magic formulas. I don't like those elvish words much (no offense). I instead would have used dragon language (I did in some case). I know Psyrpents have nothing common with dragons besides being both lizards and living in the same mountain, and I know also you don't intend to put that language up, but how about pysrpents say dragon language magic formulas instead elvish ones?

P.S. We still have to clear up which offensive spell I will be able to use and what level I'll be, also which age.

Wise is the one, who doesen't tryes to understand everything...

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 June 2004, 11:47:00 »

The Dragon language is an unknown language. Psyrpents wouldn't even know it. No one would. If we put the entry on the site, not only would we have trouble figuring out HOW we knew that the language was, we'd have trouble with a bunch of characters on the RPG boards wants to know the language and speak to dragons and that like.

What offensive magic spell do you want to know?

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Kikhku

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 June 2004, 14:32:00 »

Okay dude, first off, Psyrpents don't have any affiliation with real dragons.  If they did, Helente would be a burning heap of ash by now.  This species has no way of knowing a dragon's language.  Moreover, dragons are thought of as myths in Santharia, much like they are in real life.

Now, let's talk about how you learn this spell.  Two routes you can go- you can either attend Ximax and learn there, devoting your life to magic (and recieving almost no training in physical combat, making you virtually worthless in any sort of hand to hand situation save your natural instincts) or you can learn from a teacher (which limits you to level three spells tops, but will allow you to have some sort of physical combat abilities).

If you chose the first, all elements will be available but once again, you will have no physical fighting abilities.

If you chose the second, you'll pretty much be stuck with fire as your element, but you'll be able to use all the spells in the fire tree up to your level.

Dear Beth.....

Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 June 2004, 14:42:00 »

Basically, what everyone is trying to say here is that it's impossible for anyone to have learnt the dragons' language in the first place, since they were very hostile, and too dangerous to be around.  Ximax uses Styrásh formulae mainly because Styrásh is considered a rather 'scholarly' language, much like Latin is in our world.  And maybe because their magic system seem to have been copied from the elves.  It is possible for a mages to use their own formulae, though they tend to use the ones Ximax taught, since they are more used to them.  Perhaps if your character really hated the formulae taught by Ximax, he could have decided to cast using formulae derived from another language.  It still cannot be the dragons' language, however, since no one but the dragons themselves could possibly know the language.  

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 June 2004, 15:43:00 »

Styrát dél Styrásh. The language itself is a very magical language, not just scholarly.

Kik, watch your attitude, please.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16 June 2004, 16:03:00 »

How is it magical?  I was not aware that there were any languages that could possess magical properties.  

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16 June 2004, 19:02:00 »

To be honest, I'm not sure. That's just what Artimidor told me. It probably has some corrolation with the way elves in themselves are magical. All elves have a pretty good inclination towards magic. It would only make sense that the language would carry the same magical aura the race does.

Taranos

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 17 June 2004, 14:58:00 »

allright allright damnit! The dragon language was only an idea, I dont intend to talk to dragons. Just forget it, since it is forgotten. About the magic, I want to be able to cast an offensive spell strong enought to be able to kill someone with it, since I barely will have combat skills (again, just enought to defend myself against animals). If I will be lvl 6, this will be of no help to me, since 1st I wont be able to fight someone with swords, and neither with magic, since with lvl 6 I haven't found any fire offensive spell capable of hurting. So YOU have to tell me what I can do and what not, and the age I would have to be. The sooner you people tell me, the sooner I can start.

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 17 June 2004, 15:32:00 »

We help those who help themselves.

There is a list of Fire spells on the site, all that give a level at which they can be used. Many of those can be altered to become offensive spells. If you really wanted to, you could specialize in just one sect of fire magic and be able to complete a level 7 spell of that spell class.

If you don’t like the spell we have listed, you can always make your own, or give us an idea for one and we can try to make it. We’re only human, though. The magic system is not done and we have a lot of work on our hands as it is. We don’t have time to assist every single Rper who comes in here needing help, especially when they say "I can’t do it. You have to do it.” That really isn’t the right attitude.

Please understand that we want to help you, but we have a lot of other things to work on, and helping you isn’t our primary concern.

Taranos

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18 June 2004, 10:58:00 »

I know by experience that if I write in the CD what level I'll be and what age the mods there will end correcting my level and age, etc, for months. They won't be happy, I won't be happy, and everything will colapse by the foot of a giant wabbit. So all I try to do is clear and speed things up. You people said that I could be maximum level 6 in the fire element. The only 2 possible offensive spells for me are Searing (lvl 7, molten hands), and Rays Of Heat, also lvl 7. I thought there was only one fixed level for everything, so being level 6 would mean being level 6 in every spell. But since I can choose which spell to learn and what level, I want to learn Rays Of Heat. This means I won't be able to learn any other spell, right?

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18 June 2004, 15:14:00 »

That's correct.

BTW: What happens on the RPG board is of little or no concern to the Development board. This is something to keep in mind.

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #56 on: 18 June 2004, 15:24:00 »

Hmm, this thread really should go into the RPG board.

*compliments Rayne on being so patient* ;)  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 19 June 2004, 00:08:00 »

Not a common sight to see, eh, Talia? ;)  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]