Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: More brainstorming: The Orb of Ximax (and the Void too)  (Read 5901 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 03 October 2005, 07:14:00 »

The center of Caelereth is supposed to be the Thaelon Forest (home of the light elves and Eu'reóll, the Tree of Life, which is just not visible for normal beings) according to elven myth. The map of course is only a rough sketch anyway, so measuring won't help much. Of course other people can believe different things.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 03 October 2005, 07:21:00 »

As secular people they might be inclined to disbelieve the elven myth, just to believe something different, they might even try to proof, that this can be wrong ;) .

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2005, 16:26:00 »

They're just secular, not atheists.  I'd expect that most of them in fact follow a religion, kind of like how a lot of people nowadays have a religion, but live rather secular lives in secular societies.  

As for the Orb, I think of it as a sort of hole (4-dimensional or something like that) in the Dream, which, since Caelereth is surrounded by the Void, gets filled by it.  (I don't see any need to differentiate between Void and VOID in the context of the Orb, as it is within Caelereth's atmosphere, and so a hole into VOID would result in Void in that area every time.)  Now, I don't think the Ximaxians would explain it that way, unless they have pretty advanced physics, which is unlikely, so I don't know why I'm mentioning this idea anyway.  Probably they will see it sort of like you described, as a 'bubble' of Void within Caelereth.  

I don't know enough about the idea of different planes of existence to know if that idea would work yet.  Perhaps when the Netherworld is better developed I'll be able to understand this better and tell if the planes idea could work.  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 07 October 2005, 03:40:00 »

Multidimensional, Mina ;)

I don't think, this has necessary to do with physics, but that some brilliant minds without even knowing anything about ohysics could have the idea - philosophers and mages alike. The sudden  appearance of demons out of nowhere , the possibility to summon could lead to these ideas.

I think it was Giordano Bruno, who had the ideas of "worlds" with intelligent life on it before it was even agknowledged generally that there are any other physical bodies out there, back then in the 16th century.. so nothing is impossible  

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
isaraldor glamthail

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2005, 21:20:00 »

sorry for being away. hopefully this post got through and i can post in the dev forum once more. :)  

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 October 2005, 22:41:00 »

3-dimensional would qualify for 'multidimensional' as well, and I wanted to make sure there would be no confusion.  :b

I'm still not sure if enough people would be able to understand a concept like this for it to be the most accepted idea though.  I'm thinking of maybe having the mainstream explanation being that the Orb is a sort of 'bubble' of Void in Caelereth, with an added mention that a few mages have recently proposed the multidimensional hole theory.  How does that sound?  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 09 October 2005, 01:16:00 »

Yes, of course, most people won't understand anyhow, what it is, how it works (just ask people here on earth anything about physics), the advanced would see it as a "bubble " of the void, only very few might have an idea , what it is really - and they wouldn't express it as "multidimendional". even "parrallel" might be a word too advanced. maybe the correct term would be something like: "Several planes of existance lie side by side" or something like this. It hasn't to be as clear as Injèrá's light is bright.

I would keep though the distinction between VOID and void, though we might have to find another terminilogy (the capitals are not good) , for it is the bubble of the VOID, in which the orb lies, the void are just the effects "around" it.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]