Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Torrential Rage  (Read 9740 times)
Takashi Logan

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 11 July 2005, 21:20:00 »

Name: Torrential Rage Lvl 4

Magical School: Water

Overview: Water, when used with much force, can be turned against others with such force that it can strip flesh from bone.

Spell Effect: The caster uses a readily availible source of water, like the rain, or a pond, and directs it through focus, with malicious intent towards the target. The result is usually
at lower levels between level 4 and level 6, the displacement of small objects like stones and gnomes, at higher levels
anything between the target being knocked back several peds by a pillar of water, to the very skin being striped from their bones by the force of a blast of water.
The spell is normally used with an offensive purpose, though sometimes, with the right amount of concentration, one can use it in a defensive manner. There have been occasions when magi have raised a moat or river to block an on comming asault.

Casting Procedure
You need a source of liquid to begin with, a pond or small river will do for lower level mages. Then take a stone of aquamarine, and dip it that liquid from the source you are casting the spell upon. Most mages keep the stone in hand,and then focus on the water, while chanting the Magic Formula

Magical Formula
Guoraiá sáh ísh'iú'ciním már
Litterally water devour one who is unlike myself, straysh

Target
The target of the spell is commonly water, which is then directed with force at other objects, other objects, such as ice, and other liquids, can be used by higher level magi.

Reagents
The most common reagent is an aquamarine, that has been doused in water from the liquid the spell is being cast upon.

Magical School
Water Magic

Spell Class
Elemental Magic

Range
The range varries with the level of the magi.
Lvl 4 10 peds
Lvl 6 30 peds
Lvl 8 50 peds
Lvl 12 a dash

Casting time
Lvl 4 10 minutes
Lvl 6 8 minutes
Lvl 8 5-3 minutes
Lvl 12 2-1 minutes

Casting time to Distance
Level 4 2 minutes: 10 peds
Level 6 1.5 minutes: 15 peds
Level 8 1 minute: 20 peds
Level 12 0.5 minute: 25 peds

Counter Measures/Enhancing Measures
The easiest way to counter this spell is obviously to either remove the target of the spell , usually facilitated through a spell that generates intense heat. The other way would be to interupt the casting, but this is true for all spells requiring time to cast.
To Enhance the spell, it is prudent to be closer to the liquid, and a joining of wills would speed up the casting as well as improve the effect.

Edited by: Takashi Logan at: 10/10/05 20:15
Arancaytar Ilyaran

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2005, 22:50:00 »

I hope you don't expect comments for these two paragraphs yet.:p

Looks promising though.:)  

If Fire is Earth desiring to be Wind,
And Water is Wind trying to be Earth,
What then is Fire wishing to be Water?

Santharia, a place of world creation and roleplaying.

Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2005, 08:53:00 »

To bad I'm leaving tomorrow. Otherwise I could have helped you out a little with this.

You're going to need a explanation on how it works with ouns. Maybe make it sphere II (moving of ouns) and moving the water by moving the water ouns or something. I suggest letting the spell be ineffective at level 4 (like just moving some water around, without much force behind it) and making it stronger as the levels go up (like level six you can make the water 'throw' the average man a ped or two further).

Also, is it possible to target water inside a objects/animals/people or so (maybe at higher levels)? Could be fun throwing stuff and people around.

Takashi Logan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2005, 13:31:00 »

Tell ya what Marv, ill get the basics down, when you get back, ill still be here, and i'd appreciate the help.

Arancaytar Ilyaran

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2005, 13:33:00 »

I'm not sure how easy it would be to influence other things that just contain water - as far as I know the difficulty of a spell increases dramatically when the target is not fully aligned with the element. So if there is a spell that is usually cast on water, you might with difficulty cast it on, say, a jellyfish (do we have any?) but even a human, in spite of his alignment to water, could prove impossible. It's like casting the "Rise Flame" spell on something else than wood/somethin flammable. It's possible, but unlikely to be effective.

Edit: But of course I know nothing of magic, so better don't take my word for it. Wait for someone capable to come along.

Edited by: Arancaytar Ilyaran at: 7/11/05 21:34
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2005, 14:27:00 »

Yeah, Aran, why don't you become our magic expert, hmm?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
isaraldor glamthail

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2005, 19:28:00 »

becuase thats the position i want... even though i'm doing a pretty, no very, lousy job at becoming one. lol

tasha, to get foe in styrash, just ask someone in the languages board to translate for you.

Arancaytar Ilyaran

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2005, 23:20:00 »

Quote:
Yeah, Aran, why don't you become our magic expert, hmm?

Talia: Perhaps because that would mean I would have to read and understand most of the magic section on the site, which I have little hope for.:p  

But I see your point; I'll try. The magical forum is sadly understaffed. We can't make Rayne and Mina do all the work.;)  

Btw: We do need a new word for foe/enemy. Even though it's a highly human and certainly un-Elven concept, the Elves would probably need some way to express such a hostile relation.

kroí = war, raín = warrior.

We also need a verb for fighting. Perhaps kroán = to fight?

Perhaps ésh'raín could be "enemy" (literally "negative/false warrior"...). Or cor'raín ? Or we could throw in a "human" somewhere in there, if it weren't for the fact that "human" already translates as "conceited warrior".

Edited by: Arancaytar Ilyaran at: 7/12/05 7:33
Takashi Logan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2005, 07:18:00 »

...yikes... elves no likey da humans....

isaraldor glamthail

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2005, 19:49:00 »

only thier language, and other such things.

wait, i thought kroin (o has apostrophe) was warrior in styrash. making a kaier-kroin in the role-playing forum so i'd like to clarify for this and for that.

Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2005, 01:29:00 »

Actually Marvin seems to be doing most of the work here now that I'm busy with other stuff.  

As for Rise Flame, yes, I think it could be cast on things that normally aren't flammable, though it probably won't have any noticable effect unless the mage casting it was really powerful.  The spell Flame Engulfment seems to me to be the same spell as Rise Flame, except cast at a much higher level

isaraldor glamthail

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2005, 09:21:00 »

thats becuase kik refuses to teach me and i'm too lousy to read the long posts people make after the main one.

so then torrential rage can be cast on non-soggy objects, though the mage must be very powerful. correct?

Takashi Logan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2005, 15:08:00 »

you could probably get the spell useable on an icecube or draw the blood out of someone...

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2005, 20:39:00 »

I'm just here for Styrash.

Guoraiá sáh ísh'iú'ciním már.

"Water devour the '[one who] is unlike myself'"

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Takashi Logan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 August 2005, 18:15:00 »

Thankee rayne!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]