Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Druidic Magic: Any thoughts?  (Read 39958 times)
Pikel
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 26 October 2005, 18:59:00 »

Silfer

About the linear workings of the mass druid works....I was thinking about it today and thought it was very stupid, and thus will make it non linear. Will be explained in edit.

as to the other suggestions made to what affects time, i threw them out. I dislike them.

The limits thing we will be far more detailed ( i have it all in my head, but am trying to figure out how to make teh computer say what i am thinking :veryconfused  )

Will explain the black druidic learning more clearly.

And i do not understand you "black druidism gets its own entry? question......why would they?

and a question....would Ximax just disbelieve Druidic magic in general or just the more powerful/ rare abilities of the War Dryad (will explain how the War Dryad is made and how the firedance is done)  

What? Why must we speak of my profession? Come, let us have a drink. - Pikel

Pikel

Edited by: Pikel Thunderstone at: 10/26/05 3:01

Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 October 2005, 01:09:00 »

Pikel: Don't ask so concrete questions to such elusive topics . I am discussing with Mina here, and then you come and ask, "would they disbelieve all or partly?". Erm... I'd say they MIGHT disbelieve the very powerful kinds of druidic magic that they cannot and cannot find an explanation for in their own system. They have no reason to disbelieve that a druid can change the shape of a rock. Of course, they WOULD disbelieve the concept of essences, but they wouldn't dismiss the "observations".

As for the black druids: My question is this: They are mentioned here briefly. Therefore, do you plan to write about them in a different entry? (Druidic orders, whatnot - I don't know what you plan) Because if this is all you are going to write about black druids, it is muchly too little - I know more about them from our 10-line conversation in IRC .

Rheine
« Reply #47 on: 27 October 2005, 01:28:00 »

Quote:
As for the black druids: My question is this: They are mentioned here briefly. Therefore, do you plan to write about them in a different entry? (Druidic orders, whatnot - I don't know what you plan) Because if this is all you are going to write about black druids, it is muchly too little - I know more about them from our 10-line conversation in IRC

p223.ezboard.com/fsanthar...=155.topic

;)

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Pikel
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 October 2005, 23:07:00 »

Edits up, please comment.

I will Put in ximaxian stuff after you guys are done discussing things, and after i am done with everything else.

I dont wanna deal with the druids POV AND Ximax;s at the same time

Pikel

Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 30 October 2005, 12:27:00 »

Silfer: It's a matter of perspective, I suppose.  I was assuming  that most known magic systems would have been known for long enough that Ximax is past that stage.  Now that we're clear it's an assumption, I guess it could also be wrong.  Still, I doubt there are going to be many systems that are that new to XImax, especially those systems that are native to Southern Sarvonia.  Ximax has been around for a very long time after all.  Magic systems from other continenets could be exceptions, of course, depending on when contact was made and how good the relations between the schools are.  The Memnoor Brownie's magic system, for example, is probably explainable with the Ximaxian system, given their apparent closeness (in the old entries, at least).  

Pikel
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05 November 2005, 03:50:00 »

I hate to seem rude or impatient, but could i please get some comments on the edits i have made

Thank you :)  

Pikel

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #51 on: 05 November 2005, 03:05:00 »

Patience, Pikel, you got a lot of comments already where others get none or have to wait for  a week till the first comes in . There is no need to scream all over the place with capital letters, we know you are here and we are looking (even I do look, though I do not comment all times when I see others around)

I try to get to your stuff this weekend, though I have limited internet access. While waiting you could go and comment on other entries, that is as important as finishing your own.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 11/4/05 10:07

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05 November 2005, 11:55:00 »

Pikel: Comments are always nice to get, but try to think about how you could expand your entry - ATM my comments would be "Good work so far.", which is why I haven't posted them, as it doesn't containt information. Think on your own a bit now, it builds character

Luca the Thief
Scallawag
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 November 2005, 22:42:00 »

Quote:
it builds character
Silfer... that phrase can follow nothing good. :lol  

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06 November 2005, 16:33:00 »

Luca: I know

Pikel
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 14 November 2005, 12:34:00 »

Alright, Sent the entry through word and fixed grammar / spelling issues.

I have decided not to mention Ximax or their view on druids and their magic in this entry, for i am getting differing accounts ON how Ximax would view Druids and theri magic.

Pikel

Pikel
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 November 2005, 13:36:00 »

I have looked over this entry over and over again and I have no idea what to do with it.

I really need some help here. If any is offerred, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Physical beauty is inextricably bound to Spiritual Beauty. If you are lacking in Spiritual Beauty, then you are lacking in Physical beauty. If you are overflowing with spiritual beauty, then you are also overflowing in physical beauty. At least in MY messed up eyes.   -Derek Coulter

Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25 November 2005, 16:59:00 »

Some ideas:

Well for one you could explain the firedance and War Dryad more in detail (like you did in the other thread).

Also, maybe make somthing similar for each group? Like an earth druid gathering earth around him to form some kind of goblin like thing or a wind druid could create a strong whirlwind around him.

Still, try to avoid them becoming an element, but rather be surrounded by it, like you did with the War Dryad. Like for fire I propose:
Quote:
you could become so engulfed in flames that you become a large torch, but I doubt you could completely become a flame without dying. Also, instead of staying in that form after doing it too much I would let them burn up. If they stayed in that form for a long time they would probably run out of fuel after a while.

Druids are rather peaceful, right? so you could add that and stating that they will only resolve to fighting as a last option.
Quote:
It should be noted that the merging process takes far too long to have any practicality whatsoever in a fight.

Well, they could be prepared for the fight. A druid could gather animals or plants to fight for them or do protective spells. Or they could simply be sneaky and lure them in traps.
Quote:
Although, if one wanted the grand effects of an "artillery" of sorts, the druids are the people capable of fulfilling that role.

How? What kind of artillery? Can all druid do this (*imagines an animal druid using artillery - go my kitten go!*? Explain more.
Quote:
Druids are capable of creating smaller effects, it just takes far too long to be practical in some cases. For example, a fire druid could burn down a tree, but it would be much faster merely to chop it down with an axe.

Burning down a tree and chopping down one are two different things. A chopped down tree is still useful for one. Also, if there are multiple trees, burning will be considerable faster.

Quote:
Also, an essence can be said to have died once its material counterpart is destroyed or otherwise no longer existent. Example, a mountain has an essence. An earthquake occurs, and the mountain is split in twain. Since the "mountain" is no longer there, its essence can be said to have "died". But now there are two smaller mountains in it's place, and a completely new essence is created for each of them.

Maybe it would be better to say essences change instead of die?

Quote:
Sentient essences recognize that an essence is trying to merge with it, and resists.
If one's essence is not as strong willed as the essence it is merging with, then one might find his own essence being manipulated, instead of vice versa.

Aren't chance higher that the druid will simply fail to merge with the targetted essence if the target has a stronger will? And if the target can change the druid, won't he just mess up (since he has never done somthing like it before)?
Also, you could also add that black druids suffer anyway because the their targets have a stronger will than animals or plants, like you added in your other thread.

Which makes me think. Can druids learn several elements? Black druids for example learn two elements (although they only specialize in one).

Oh, and maybe change the names of the orders to match with the other thread.

Pikel
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25 November 2005, 17:43:00 »

Thankies for the comments Marvin

Quote:
Well for one you could explain the firedance and War Dryad more in detail (like you did in the other thread).

Will do.

Quote:
Also, maybe make somthing similar for each group? Like an earth druid gathering earth around him to form some kind of goblin like thing or a wind druid could create a strong whirlwind around him.

I do not understand this comment.

Quote:
Well, they could be prepared for the fight. A druid could gather animals or plants to fight for them or do protective spells. Or they could simply be sneaky and lure them in traps.

This is true, i meant a fight in which the druid could not prepare for.

Quote:
Maybe it would be better to say essences change instead of die?

Had a discussion with Silfer regarding this, and changing will not work. They "Die", and a new one replaces it

Quote:
Aren't chance higher that the druid will simply fail to merge with the targetted essence if the target has a stronger will? And if the target can change the druid, won't he just mess up (since he has never done somthing like it before)?

Merging never fails if the time is taken to do teh merger. But the stronger of the two wills will be able to control what that merger accomplishes.

Quote:
Also, you could also add that black druids suffer anyway because the their targets have a stronger will than animals or plants, like you added in your other thread

I do not see what you are saying here.

Quote:
Which makes me think. Can druids learn several elements? Black druids for example learn two elements (although they only specialize in one).

They COULD, but for the most part wouldn't. All druids, with the exception of black druids, are part of their order for love of their element. Even black druids retain their love of their original element.

Quote:
Oh, and maybe change the names of the orders to match with the other thread.

...I honestly have no idea why I did not do that....

Physical beauty is inextricably bound to Spiritual Beauty. If you are lacking in Spiritual Beauty, then you are lacking in Physical beauty. If you are overflowing with spiritual beauty, then you are also overflowing in physical beauty. At least in MY messed up eyes.   -Derek Coulter

Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25 November 2005, 16:49:00 »

Quote:

Fire druids have firedance and plant druids have their War Dryads. So maybe you could find similar 'special abilities' for other orders? Just a thought though.

Quote:
Also, you could also add that black druids suffer anyway because the their targets have a stronger will than animals or plants, like you added in your other thread

I'll just quote what I mean from the druidic orders:
Quote:
A good many are also insane beyond function, for in merging with a sentient essence, the druid sometimes gains memories or knowledge. Gaining to many bad memories can be very bad for one’s mental stability, and some Nor'sidian druids lose their sense of identity in the merger.

Quote:
They COULD, but for the most part wouldn't. All druids, with the exception of black druids, are part of their order for love of their element. Even black druids retain their love of their original element.

Well, don't forget to add that in this entry.

Edited by: Marvin Cerambit  at: 11/24/05 23:52
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]