Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: 14 new Quellion pictures for Mystical Empire  (Read 15576 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 01 August 2006, 01:52:24 »

Here they are. Note that I reduced the size of the preview pictures, because I noticed that slower modems have problems fetching the page as a whole and the displaying it. This was different at ezBoard, so we need to adjust.

Also checked here how a table construction works in the new Forum... - it's perfect!

(click on images to enlarge)

500. Bone Dragon

501. Dagen the Architect

502. Double Trouble

503. Double Trouble

504. Little Helper

505. Necronomic Strength

506. Necrophobia

507. Quick Thinking

508. Resource Bonus

509. Revered Statue

510. Scouting Sprite

511. Skeleton Lord

512. Skid Row

513. Whipmaster

« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 03:07:46 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2006, 02:34:26 »

That's so naughty  angry Making us all curious and stuff  ;)

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2006, 03:05:49 »

Here they are, hope you enjoy and have use for a picture or two - good stuff for horror stories partly or fairy tales for example...  rolleyes

P.S. Shadow Elf might be possible to be finished until the weekend.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 03:09:24 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2006, 04:18:31 »

The little helper is perfect for an entry by I believe Alysse: we have it on the website already. It's literally about little helpers! A small kobold like race...

Lot's of fun stuff indeed, I'm sure people can write stories around the 'double trouble' pictures ;)

- Shendar Proverb
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2006, 04:25:10 »

You mean the Domovidges perhaps by Fluffy?

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2006, 05:12:12 »

Yup, that's it. If I remember correctly had no real physical description, so this picture would do fine...

[edit]Hmmm, I was quite wrong there. They definately don't look like a dwarf who hasn't been shaven, neither washed etc. for a long time. We may have to find another place for the picture, unfortunately for my early enthusiasm...
« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 05:19:49 by Gean Firefeet » Logged

- Shendar Proverb
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2006, 06:12:11 »

I can find an immediate use for Dagen the Architect, illustrating a building project in Nybelmarasa. In fact, I can have the actual entry posted within 12 days (was already working on it). The horns might cause a problem though - any chance of 'shaving' them off with photoshop?

Btw, the entries for the 2 older Quellion pictures (Web mage & mage duel) I reserved are finally drawing towards an end - the web one should be completed before the end of August (finally! These 10 items on my development schedule took so much time to be thought through...)

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2006, 18:21:40 »

I think that the Skeleton Lord 511. would be the perfect illustration for the Daedhirian lord Asbavaer. His descriotion says this about him:

After his Daedhirian transformation, he was seen only when the Dominion has sent its soldiers in the Enclave to identify the source of the Dark Plague. Having his body always covered by a dark hooded cloak and his face veiled, the soldiers could not see anything but his ever-staring eyes. Yet after their mission was complete it is said that Asbavaer revealed himself in front of them, unveiling all the horror that his body had become. Skinless, dry and rotting in the same time. A sight that will be imprinted on the Anpagan culture as a warning from beyond death, that no one should ever interfere with the nature's very fabric.

Could you of asked for a better fitting picture?

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2006, 19:23:00 »

Well, the thing is we have already two pictures for this guy on the site...

The horns of the architect guy BTW remind me that we should try to add more anatomical differences to our tribes. For example the hair thingy (mixed colours) I mentioned elsewhere already. So why not have a tribe somewhere with horns or stronger bones at the eyebrows so that they look very different compared to others? We could use some more exotic tribes, I'm sure.

These differences could also be the cause for a lot of superstition, resentments etc. - for example that these horned guys are evil and must derive from demons or something (just like the first appearances of Mr. Spock in Star Trek were heavily opposed by some groups, claiming that the devil himself plays a role in a science fiction series!). This of course would be all rubbish, but something useful in terms of realistic world development.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 19:31:12 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2006, 21:08:08 »

The horns of the architect guy BTW remind me that we should try to add more anatomical differences to our tribes. For example the hair thingy (mixed colours) I mentioned elsewhere already. So why not have a tribe somewhere with horns or stronger bones at the eyebrows so that they look very different compared to others? We could use some more exotic tribes, I'm sure.

These differences could also be the cause for a lot of superstition, resentments etc. - for example that these horned guys are evil and must derive from demons or something (just like the first appearances of Mr. Spock in Star Trek were heavily opposed by some groups, claiming that the devil himself plays a role in a science fiction series!). This of course would be all rubbish, but something useful in terms of realistic world development.

That's great to hear! I was afraid having horns would be too exotic for a human tribe so I skipped that option. I haven't written the Qualaris tribe (which this man will belong to) entry yet, so this is a good oppotunity to develop something in that direction.

@Quellion: Is that thing sitting/perched on the construction pole (just above the top right corner of the parchment) a human figure? It would be awesome if he indeed was - then we could use this picture to illustrate 2 additional entries: the city Emperor Dearan founded on the shore of the Inner City & the highest monument built in Nybelmar.

I am a bit confused though: If that is indeed a man then the domed building must indeed be gargantuan. Given the size of the architect, he must be standing in a place very very very far away from the dome for us to see him in normal human proportions. But somehow the domed building doesn't seem that far away - is the perspective right here?

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 August 2006, 22:35:09 »

@ Coren: That bone dragon would make a nice daedhirian transformed pet (sorry about my current ability to see the daedhirians in everything)

Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2006, 23:54:00 »

I got a couple of images I did for ME latest expansion too, but I want to check with them first if it's ok to show them just yet, the game hasn'e been announced yet (let alone the pictures payed for ;) ).
Smith in Exile
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 August 2006, 03:19:09 »

Arti is right, we do have some pictures up for Asbavaer already. But maybe I can think of another guy in the same area...

The Bone Dragon... We do have a bone unicorn, yes, I never really considered bone dragons though - we need to have some dragons first anyway. But now thinking a bit about the Nybelmar history and the third shadow war, maybe I can write something of how Daedhirians used such beasts in that war. Hmmm... and maybe that's also a reason to have the new guy (based on the skeleton lord) come up in a special entry - he would be the one using them.

I'll have to think about more details though.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 02 August 2006, 11:58:04 »

"Bonus Resources" (the picture showing the coins showering down) would be wonderful in the Currency entry.  We have, if I recall aright, a wonderful line (by Xarl?) about mages not being able to produce passable faux currency - thus avoiding the whole problem of magically counterfeit money - and this would be perfect there.  I know there are several 'coin' images, but illustrations with faces tend to draw the eye.

The other option for that would obviously be a cautionary tale about greed!  Anyone?

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2006, 20:45:51 »

Possibly a tale when a man was crushed under weight of his own greed...which just happened to be gold pieces grin

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]