Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warning - Learner on the Roads!  (Read 3015 times)
Lela Keris

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 26 August 2006, 00:01:30 »

Hello my name is Lela, I'm 19, English and studying French and German at university.  I love reading fantasy and hope I can help create some little bits of my very own. (oh that sounds cheesy) I'm not yet sure whats going to interest me so I'd like to try my hand at serveral things - probably starting in the  plant/beast area and building up to some more complicated things.  Yes one day when i have a few weeks spare I will try a spell  ;).  I've got an idea for a short fairy-tale too.

I look forward to meeting you all

Lela
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2006, 00:50:02 »

*Irid walks in, studying some papers on Eyelians. As she notices the new arrivee, she looks up with a brilliant smile on her face.*

Hello, Lela. You are very welcome to the Great Library! What you are planning is exactly the advice we give to people who wish to help - start with something small and gradually build up. If you wish to become a member, there is an apprentice/mentor program. *points to not-so-new-anymore-but-still-shiny-plaque* As you see, I'm an apprentice. If there are no mentors available, you can still go on and do your thing, eventually there will be one free to help you. Also, giving some constructive criticism to other people's work is highly appreciated around here - we keep the standard as high as possible! Well, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. There are many people willing to help.

*The elf bows and then turns, immediately engrossed in the papers again.*

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2006, 03:55:33 »

*Trying to escape from the multitude of tasks he must complete, Decipher notices a new face in the reception hall. After stepping over a bowing elf he begins to talk*

Greetings to the grand Library of New Santhala, I see you already have your eye set on the beastiary, where I have been contribiting information on the more exotic species. I'll normally be found around there or the Nybelmarian archives. See you around!

Decipher

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
soorrilmiesefer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2006, 06:45:28 »

*running from the greenhouse Orril pushes the door and shuts it behind lowdly* HELP!!! That green thing of Miran has mind!!! and didn't liked to be subject of my Gale of Nightmare tests... *Picks up a lock and makes sure the door is completily shut before he walks and arranges his hair again, getting the dust off his golden cloack he notes the new face* Hi dear, I didn't heard a lot, as you see I was... bussy with some green issues... My adivice is, be sure to read all the important articles that other expirenced members made, and... if someone ever say I'm a dangerous companion... hear him or her, provably had a long time with me... Now, if you excuse me, I'll return to the intelectual-not-so-dangerous work... *bows and moves through the magic hall.*
Thuja
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2006, 08:42:27 »

Welcome Lela, hope you enjoy your stay here.  Don't mind a few of the others you have met, they mean well  grin , but a trip to the dugeons on occasion has a tendancy to addle the brains a bit.  I think I have finally recoverd myself dummy

Elendilwyn
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2006, 10:56:21 »

Welcome from me too and the dungeons... hmmmm... nothing as mind-refreshing as being locked up, chained to the wall and forced to survive on bread and water.  shocked

For the uncharted and unexplored, for the world that is in creation and for the minds that bring it to birth - Terra Incognita.
Lela Keris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 August 2006, 16:12:35 »

Lela turns and smiles shyly as the new faces come up and struggles to remember the names.  One of them appears to have a bit of green something - sap or slime or something imbended in their tousled hair.  Maybe plants weren't such a good idea...

"Ooo, I do have one question" she remembers  "Do I have to post what I want to do before I go ahead and write it and where do I post it?  Ok two questions."
« Last Edit: 26 August 2006, 16:20:19 by Lela Keris » Logged
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 August 2006, 17:11:01 »

Well that is normally appreciated, so that people can troubleshoot your idea so that there is less work editing it.

Decipher

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2006, 02:04:31 »

*Drasil walks in jotting down ideas for his new spell(yes its actually coming soon) and sees the new comer*

Hey!  About your two questions from what I have understood in my short time here if you were going to piggyback or expand upon the idea of another(for example if you were going to help Talia with her Shendar) then it is appreciated if you post a small teaser of your topic before you delve into it so that it can be reviewed by the elder members of the board or if you are developing a complicated, borderline impossibel concept, beast or idea I am sure that if would be appreciated if you gave the forum moderator an idea on how it would work.

However for your first work(which I believe you stated would be in the Beastery or Herbarium) I do not believe that it will be required for you to post your idea.  Just look at the template, fill your idea in and you should be fine.
Baromosa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2006, 11:25:38 »

*Comes in with a rather large open book covering his face, putting it down enough so you can see two young, brown eyes starring friendly at you*
Ah, a new arrival. Good to meet you, i'm rather new myself. everyone is really friendly so just jump right in. Right now i'm working on some flying insects, your welcome to join me. anyway, I hope i'll see you around. I must be off, good luck. feel free to ask question.

*skuttles off with the book in his face, yet some how able to walk around several tables without looknig up from his book*

I walk through the fire seeking answers, only to find new mysteries in the ashes.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2006, 19:28:54 »

Hello Lela!

I was busy with site updating at the weekend  computer, so here's a belated official welcome from me as well! wave

Starting with beasts and plants sounds fine, and fairy-tale contributions are also always appreciated, we've started nice books here lately to include such stuff. There are also a bunch of picture resources in our Resources Forum which could inspire such tales, so I'm sure you'll find something for you to do :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Lela Keris

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 August 2006, 05:23:41 »

Thanks  :D you're all so lovely!!  I have been scribbling away in my little notebook busily and will hopefully have time in the next couple of days to type something up.  I have a half-finished fairy story - kind of Kipling/Grims fairy tale style plus a red reed plant thing that can be made into a cheap red dye and is nearly ready for the first draft.   Just incase anyones interested :P
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]