Welcome Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: kassites  (Read 297 times)
raging kaiser

View Profile
« on: 18 September 2006, 16:11:55 »

does anyone know what horses the kassites used or more about the wars they were in? I've looked thorgh horses,wildhorses,history and kassite tribe info.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2006, 04:15:39 by raging kaiser » Logged
Talia Sturmwind
Santh. Member

Shendar

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2006, 17:25:06 »

Hello kaiser, welcome!

You need a Nybelmar expert here, but if you didn't find more about them in the entries you mentioned, thre is probably not more on the site yet. However, somebody could be working on it already. In any case, just don't start anything before asking if it is ok - and please introduce yourself in the newbie-forum!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropic of the day***    ***The Santharian Dream***
Smith in Exile
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2006, 05:10:32 »

They were developed by Koldar and no one is working on them right now. If you want to know more about their history you can check the work-in-progress general timeline in the Nybelmar forum.
Mirmec Rethindor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2006, 09:11:32 »

Did you know the kassites were a real ancient tribe? They lived sort of in the lands near the Hurrians but further east more in the arc of the Fertile Crescent which is in modern day Iran.

i just laughed cause that was a familiar word ;p

~~Voice of music's heart wrung from the wood.~~
Talia Sturmwind
Santh. Member

Shendar

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2006, 10:57:09 »

I assume Koldar did it deliberately.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropic of the day***    ***The Santharian Dream***
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2006, 00:37:55 »

Yes, Koldar has a habit of sprinkling rather interesting words from all over the world onto the Nybelmar map... I was quite surprised when I saw a few of the place names ;)

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein
Rakshiri
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2006, 03:29:11 »

to my defense.

One of Artimidor's places lies only 10km from my hometown!!

It is really difficult to come up with goodsounding original names as many pronouncable lettercombinations will be actually used in some kind of language.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 27 December 2006, 08:14:58 »

Oh, I was going to ask Coren this, but I'll ask both of you then!

I'm writing a very large and comprehensive entry on Cheesemaking (yeah, yeah) and want to know if I can use the word 'kass' to mean the Nybelmarnian word for 'cheese' - deriving its etymology from the Kassite cattle-herding tribe, of course.

The entry is in the Misc. Forum and currently under revision/editing/composition.

Oh, and Rakshiri - at least you don't just spell Terran names backwards the way Talia confessed to!  Some of them turn out more fortuitously than others, mind you...   I steal ancient words all the time, though generally I borrow from Korean because I'm not nearly as likely to be 'caught'...   :D   

"Every human being is interested in two kinds of worlds: the Primary, everyday world which he knows through his senses, and a Secondary world or worlds which he not only can create in his imagination, but which he cannot stop himself creating." W.H. Auden
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 March 2007, 21:52:20 »

I would say go ahead with it Judith! Sounds logical to me

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 2318
Latest: jacobnpm
Stats
Total Posts: 84938
Total Topics: 7253
Online Today: 53
Online Ever: 108
(18 March 2007, 19:47:54)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Last 10 Shouts:
Today at 06:00:01
Good work Mahvalan!  I LIKE IT!  Action and intrigue from the first paragraph...Wow!
Today at 00:54:10
Could sombody glance through the Tethinrhim Ria revision I posted? That would be dandy...
Yesterday at 17:03:59
Mahvalan:  I will check it out tomorrow and see what it looks like...
29 April 2007, 21:50:15
Could someone possibly look at my story? It's the Tale of the Rheneu'ael'mies; Prologue: A Winter's Night
29 April 2007, 20:47:37
for now that will be fine.. once i get a chance to post a better foto i'll mail it to you :)
29 April 2007, 20:46:57
Ok, got your details now, Mira :) - Got a photo you'd like to use? Guess we could also a crop from the Dutchmoot pic - that fine with you?
29 April 2007, 18:15:23
nope, filled in everything correctly (thank the gods for that 'back' button :))
29 April 2007, 17:38:32
hhm.. i might have misspelled something, but thats not thát likely. Maybe it's just slow..
29 April 2007, 17:31:08
A mail should be sent - providing your mail is configured properly...
29 April 2007, 17:21:41
hmmm.. Is something supposed to happen after you click the 'send' button? 'cause nothing did, that's why i clicked it again.