Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
30 October 2006, 19:04:59

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print Reply
Author Topic: What do they know about genetics on Caelereth?  (Read 191 times)
Talia Sturmwind
Santh. Member

Shendar

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 07 October 2006, 22:44:57 »

Of course, Mira, we were speaking of Ximaxian magic.

I always said, that no other magical system should be able to achieve anything the Ximaxian cannot, just because we defined the physics of our world like this (but that is the view of the developer and not of the people of Santharia). However, with Coren's idea of altering the probability of events it might be different.
Still, no other magical system should be much stronger than the other - just out of balance reasons. So in my opinion the Krean Magic should be restricted in practice as the Ximaxian is (we don‘t have many powerful archmages or weavers.) That doesn't mean that it cannot be possible to base more of the daily life on magic than we have it in Santharia.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropic of the day***    ***The Santharian Dream***
Mina
Magic Expert & RPG Admin
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 October 2006, 22:32:44 »

I wouldn't say they can't achieve anything Ximax can't, but any such things should never appear 'on screen'.  Otherwise, it'd really mess with what we've already established. 

~Main Site • RPG Board • My Bell-ringing Thread~
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 October 2006, 19:14:59 »

Okay, why is it that whenever I am away people feel an irresistable urge to expound on Krean magic and claim to base those on theories or implications I have not expressly mentioned or approved? There is a reason I am keeping Krean Magic low profile and that is: I do not have time to develop, explain or defend it fully. Therefore, I wish to avoid its evolving into something it never was supposed to be by word of mouth without my consent - how do I seek to accomplish this? By consciously remaining silent about its content and principles. For now, it is enough to accept that:

a) Krean society is more magically-inclined (in the sense that they rely heavily on magic and integrate it more fully and frequently into their everyday life)
b) Krean people's magic (ie Magic of the Ancient Krean - before Year of Darkness) is VERY powerful - however, this does not mean that EVERY Krean practitioner of the arcane arts has the knowledge/power of a Ximaxian archmage... (which is a point I think people are glossing over...)
c) Krean magic is adept at manipulating the forces of nature, healing, and flora

None of the entries on the Krean have anything to suggest that the Krean magic can achieve the impossible etc so no need to worry about theoretical limitations at the moment.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2]
Print Reply
Jump to:  

Help, I'm a Newbie!
Recent
by Arceon
[Today at 18:26:13]

by Arceon
[Today at 18:05:52]

by Arceon
[Today at 18:01:01]

by Arceon
[Today at 17:57:39]

by Arceon
[Today at 17:56:42]

[Today at 12:34:41]

[Today at 12:31:35]

[Today at 09:30:47]

[Today at 02:57:09]

[Today at 02:55:00]
Members
Total Members: 1301
Latest: XXL
Stats
Total Posts: 77070
Total Topics: 6714
Online Today: 12
Online Ever: 50
(13 October 2006, 11:44:01)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 5
Total: 6

Last 10 shouts:
Yesterday at 23:20:43
Yes, it's Arwen from LOTR. ^^
Yesterday at 21:49:57
Question for Kar is your portrait of Arwen from LOTR or is it something else
Yesterday at 14:26:47
Ha,Ha
Yesterday at 00:45:53
Oh no Arceon, yer not getting off the architectural hook that easilly! :P
28 October 2006, 20:02:06
ah well.. just some silly remarks anyway.

If anyone's bored, i'd appreciate a comment or two on my Chorakee birds!
28 October 2006, 20:01:00
Whew.. *wipes the sweat from his forehead*
Yet another project updatedone.. Tribal notes published, scedule updated with all sorts of fancy click-me's, and the first bits of the place entry written... *looks at the enormous pile of tomes he's been dragging from the library to his study all day* N
27 October 2006, 00:50:19
thank you
26 October 2006, 17:54:17
@colossuem: I've looked over the entry. Be aware that although drawing attention is of course always an option, sometimes people are simply busy ;) It happens, you know?
26 October 2006, 13:53:34
The snake shield has been the top of the miscellaneous forum for three days so i'd appreciate it if someone checked it
26 October 2006, 08:18:13
Yep - there's still a lot to do on the continents we have opened for development.