Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Reserving a Places Entry  (Read 23318 times)
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 16

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 14 October 2007, 10:29:58 »

quick question ... is anything being done with Fort Snowcap?

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him.
Remember what it is to be alive.

Garret's Development Schedule
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #61 on: 14 October 2007, 14:58:11 »

As I already said before: Try to focus on one entry, Garret. Do your researches, get to work, bit by bit.

Also don't know precisely where Fort Snowcap is located, seems to be only visible on a map as of yet, as there's no reference to it on the site.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 15 October 2007, 01:31:15 »

i was just lookin around and noticed it ... just for later refrence ... my Alvang entry is up and finished ... and was bored so was lookin around

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #63 on: 15 October 2007, 02:07:48 »

Yes, I noticed today that you've made a weapon enry and the Alvang entry in the meantime... My personal time these days unfortunately is very limited though, so I'm not that much help in commenting and getting something approved. Maybe I can still look at your weapon entry today, let's see.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28 November 2007, 11:40:42 »

I would like to work on Whitewater Keep if thats cool and no one is in the process of putting together an entry for that one ... if there are plans for it i'll pick somethin else
« Last Edit: 28 November 2007, 12:11:52 by Garret Arroway » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #65 on: 28 November 2007, 16:04:08 »

Where precisely is Whitewater Keep located, Garret? Don't remember exactly now, can't find it on the site either mentioned anywhere - probably it's only shown on a map?

Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28 November 2007, 23:29:19 »

sorry shoulda probably added that bit ... my minds not all here, was somewhat late here and been sick ... but its the Manthrian Province and only shown on the map as of now as far as i can seen  ... directly above Snipe Head's Bay ... or pretty much a bit to the right at the top of the map for the detailed version ... hopefully that makes since to someone other than me as its 6am here

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #67 on: 29 November 2007, 04:04:06 »

Ah, I see... Well, the problem with Whitwater's Keep is its history. If you look at the Ancient Kingdoms map here, then you'll see that the keep is located on former Serphelorian territory. The whole thing with Serphelorians and Sophronians still needs to be elaborated properly, and Grunok has only began on defining the history a bit for these tribes (not on site yet!). So that would pose a problem, as you can't really trace the castles origins properly, know what I mean? You'd run in a lot of difficulties here.

I don't know if you already have concrete ideas, but there are some other castles in the Manthrian region if you want to describe one. These are Avennorians fortresses. Like Fortress Ironwell at the southeastern landmass near Ciosa. Or Three Arcs Keep in the center of the map, NW of Klinsor (there's some history hidden on that in the History Forum that might help you to fill the History section). You'll also find some suggestion of Manthrian places in the Places Megathread.

P.S. Still need to look at the update of your story - and how's the Blood Claw coming along? Any chance of getting that one finished?

P.P.S. Made you a frame for your pic and sharpened it a bit, hope that's fine with you, Garret!
« Last Edit: 29 November 2007, 04:41:34 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 November 2007, 04:32:20 »

Ok, well I was just looking for a keep, castle, fortress or something like that and picked that one out cause it was near the coast line ... either of the two you suggested would be cool, I was just thinking of a basic design plan ... 

I'm thinking I'm gonna need to rework the Blood Claw a bit ... it has kinda been on hold for a bit and been thinkin, when I get some ideas and time i'll bring it up and get some work on it done ... right now it doesn't seem like a weapon worth fighting a bear for other than pride, so i gotta get some ideas ...

And finally, Thanks bout the pic, looks great!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #69 on: 29 November 2007, 04:49:24 »

Ok then, take your pick of another Manthrian castle then :) Just make sure that the name somehow represents something the castle has to do with, e.g. "Ironwell" could mean a lot, literally or as a metaphor - just be creative ;)

In any case I recommend taking a look at the entry on the Avennorians to get an idea about the people living in this region. The Avennorians (former Glandorians) arrived in Ciosa, so the castles close to Ciosa are probably the oldest and those that have the strongest Glandorian roots. Oh, and as insipration you might have a look at Grunok's Keep Mistrash to see what she did with a similar topic. :)

Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03 December 2007, 09:12:42 »

Ok, sorry been really sick and still sick but back ... was lookin around ... could I write up the entry for Castle Aut'aye (south of Marcogg) or is that important somehow, if it is I'll pick either Three Arcs Keep or Fortress Ironwell if thats cool

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #71 on: 04 December 2007, 19:18:44 »

Get well soon, Garret!  thumbup

You can take Castle Aut'aye, yup - just make sure to be aware of its surroundings (the Auturian Woods with the Tethinrhim elves in it). There's also Sillena close by, which has already an entry. Back in the old days there were regular disputes between Avennorians and the Tethinrhim, so make sure to research a bit what is already on the site and perhaps on the Forum (there's a history thread in the History Forum dealing with post-Santbharian history) and base the entry a bit on that.

Alohar

Gained Aura: 0

The best fruits hang highest.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 15 December 2007, 01:51:21 »

Hi there can I have Simsy please?

Pedro Abreu
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #73 on: 15 December 2007, 04:04:31 »

You could do Simsy, Alohar, but be aware that Places entries require some research (regarding tribes, history and adjacent locations etc.), especially for a newbie. The main difficulty here is that Simsy is located in ancient Serphelorian territory and we're - right at this moment - working on getting the Serphelorians elaborated in detail (see Grunok's work in progress here). Simsy is probably a village where Serphelorians and Avennorians mixed, so this poses some difficulty, easier would be - for a newbie - to work on a village that has basically only one tribe in its history, see e.g. here on the map to check where there was ancient Avennorian territory.
« Last Edit: 15 December 2007, 04:17:17 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Alohar

Gained Aura: 0

The best fruits hang highest.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 15 December 2007, 08:05:12 »

sure arti!
I made all the things about it except history for that you can send me mensages about what do you think i should right.

Pedro Abreu
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]