Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: About me  (Read 4323 times)
Elder Andrejs

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 25 February 2007, 07:50:39 »

Well... I would like to be a developer. I have nothing much to tell about my self. So... I'm very active person in the area of Magic. In Latvia I have created a Wizardry world in which is allmost all my fantasy, but nevermind. I know very much about magic spells and other magical things, that because, I wish to share to the others with all spells that I have in my mind and fantasies.

That's all I can tell about my self. If you have a questions, then you can ask me some questions and I will answer on them!!! :)
« Last Edit: 25 February 2007, 07:52:28 by Elder Andrejs » Logged
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2007, 16:59:10 »

Hello there Elder!  wave

I see you'e also asked via private message how to become a member, but it seems you already found your way to the Joining Requests Forum :) - More details can be found in the "Help I'm a Newbie" links that you see on the top right of the Forum if you have that menu expanded (you can open and close it by clicking on the claw above). So make sure to read through that.

Note that we're low on mentors though, so at the moment we do it the regular way - look for an area of interest, state first what you'd like to do and we'll give comments if it's workable and you can start on such an entry. Then we'll see further :)

Magic in Santharia might be quite different though to other concepts, so before you work on spells you should read through some key information on that area :D

At any rate: Welcome to the Dream and greetings to Latvia! :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Elder Andrejs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2007, 19:39:36 »

I would like to develope magic spells and with summoning connected things. Is that's ok?
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2007, 22:29:36 »

Hey!  Glad to see we have someone interesting in magic!  Our ranks have been...slipping...as of late.  Anyways, let me introduce myself, I'm Drasil, local Earth Apprentice (Last active elemental apprentice as well, but thats besides the point) I can also be found floating around the bestiary as the mod with Decipher.

I would reccommend that you read up about our magic system on site as it is generally very complex and requires a fair amount of knowledge.  Also, delving into the Magic forum itself and reading spells by Marvin, Mina, Twen and Silfer should enlighten you as well
Elder Andrejs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2007, 23:23:26 »

Thanks for advice Drasil. I have read all about Santharian magic allready before I wished to join the Developers.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2007, 02:41:15 »

Well, as you did that you mightt know that summoning is surely an advanced spell, that hasn't been thorougly explained as of yet. I personally would allocate it to Xeuá magic, and thus it is a bit more complex. But I can't tell you precisely if that's correct, as I'm not following magic discussions lately. In general I would advise to make a simple spell first to show that you've understood the principles, then you can move on to more complicated stuff. :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Elder Andrejs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2007, 03:37:26 »

Ok!!! I will do my best!!! The new spell, for starting, I shall post here. ok?
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2007, 05:05:33 »

Well, just the idea what you plan to do, so that we can see if that is something that hasn't been done yet already, cannot be done for a certain reason etc. If the idea is ok, you can make an entry for that spell in the Magic Forum.

Elder Andrejs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 February 2007, 15:10:28 »

True Resurrection (Level XII)

School. Wind

Overview.
With this spell you can resurrect someone who is dead.

Spell Effect. With this spell you can resurrect a creature or person that has been dead for as long as 10 years per caster level. This spell can even bring back creatures or persons whose bodies have been destroyed, provided that you unambiguously identify the deceased in some fashion (reciting the deceased’s time and place of birth or death is the most wanted method).

Upon completion of the spell, the creature or person is immediately restored to full health, vigor etc., with no loss of level or learned spells.

You can revive someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. This spell can also resurrect elementals, but it can’t resurrect mechanical creatures or persons, or undead creatures.

Even true resurrection can’t restore to life a creature or person who has died of old age.

Casting Procedure.
To cast this spell mage must do several things before he is starting resurrection of someone. First, mage must purify his own soul from all sins he did in past.
Second, mage must place diamonds around the place or person where was or is dead person’s or creature’s body.
Third, then mage must sprinkle a holy water in the field which is surrounded by diamonds.
Forth, after all that mage must contact with “god” through meditation and if “god” allows a resurrection, then mage must start concentrate his powers, which is given to him by “god”. And then he must start say the incantation (magical formula) all over again and again.
Fifth, the casting time will be over when corpse will shine in bright light or when bright light will appear, in the diamond surrounded field, and in that light will appear a person’s or creature’s body.

Incantation. To resurrect a person or creature bellow is the incantation (magical formula):
“Please help me spare this poor creature/person,
Forgive him his sins that he did,
Allow him live his life again,
And take him from the Queen of Death,
Until a right time has come.”

Focus/Target. Target can be only one person or creature.

Reagents. (These are not exactly reagents, but materials, but whatever…) Sprinkle of holy water and diamonds worth a total of at least 25,000 gold pieces.

Magical School. Wind

Spell Class. Wind element, Sphere III, Physical Respresentation.

Range. Rage is one person or creature.

Casting Time. You must cast this spell 10 minutes.

Duration. Person or creature who is resurrected with this spell’s effect, is continue living his life until time when he dies in natural death.

Counter Measures/Enhancing Measures. Casting this spell you must be very carefull. Because if this spell will be countered, then there will be no chances to resurrect the dead person or creature and the dead one’s soul will forever burn in Netherworld. This spell can be countered if the caster’s concentration will be disturbed in the middle of resurrection process. So be sure that someone is guarding you while you are resurrecting a dead person or creature.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2007, 01:40:42 by Elder Andrejs » Logged
Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 February 2007, 15:41:24 »

I have read all about Santharian magic allready before I wished to join the Developers.
It seems you have not. 

Elder Andrejs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 February 2007, 20:42:44 »

Why do you think so. Of course there is some things that maybe I or you haven't read. Remember I'm a new one. Show places where I'm writen something wrong.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 27 February 2007, 20:58:07 »

We don't have any clercial spells for starters.

Takór Salenár
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 February 2007, 21:10:16 »

We don't have clerical spells at all!  The one on the site should have been removed or rewritten , even without the general concept finished for the site.

Sorry Elder, clerical magic is rewritten and not yet on the site.

Our (profan) magical system is very different from any other and original, an invention of our webmaster. Better sketch a Ximaxian  spell first and ask, if your idea works before you invest too much time.

And welcome, don't give up now!
Elder Andrejs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 February 2007, 01:34:47 »

Ok, then I shall correct my mistakes right away!!!  grin Information in green color are corrected things.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2007, 01:42:16 by Elder Andrejs » Logged
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 February 2007, 03:05:22 »

I think the word you were looking for was 'secular' dear Talia - Not all wizardry is profane ;)

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]