Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: chasaki game  (Read 10819 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 15 April 2007, 15:24:19 »

To be frank with you, Qwert: There are some basic things necessary if you want to contribute something in Santharia.

For one that is to follow a template and apply it. At this entry here for example I see neither an Overview part nor a Description part, which are the two most important parts at an entry.

Secondly you also need to have some substantial content in submissions you post, so a few unspecific sentences like in your Shields entry won't do.

And the third thing is: Make sure to watch grammar, spelling and start sentences with uppercase letters as everbody else does here as well in entry posts.

Aside from that you of course need some imagination and realistic ideas that make a game fun and playable. If these requirements can be met, it makes sense to check again here.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 15 April 2007, 22:50:46 »

10 000 gold nune is also an impossibly inflated price.  Let's put a bit more thought into describing the game and its rules - you can make things exciting without loading on the superlatives and exaggerations, you know! 

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

qwert

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 April 2007, 01:18:34 »

sorry but I hadn't seen the overveiw or description in the template that I saw and used for the game and I'll work on the rules a bit more

is pie a number or is it a pastry if it is the latter why does it have a square route but a route is a highway 

oh whatever I don't like philosophy
Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 April 2007, 01:27:37 »

Quote from: Artimidor Federkiel
HOW TO DESIGN GAME ENTRIES

Game Name
Name, duh, plus any nicknames, alternative names, or translations.

History
Who began it, how long ago, who plays it these days, and any other goodies of information you can research or invent.

Diagram
Picture/description of game board, playing field, or special equipment piece.

Equipment
Whatever equipment is needed, plus number of players, any special titles of players, referees, timing devices, balls, markers, etc.

Setup
What has to happen before play begins: setup of board, players on field, candles lit and incense burnt, everyone holds hands, whatever!

Rules
How the game proceeds. Things you have to do to win - and things you’re not allowed to do to win!

Description part is in the Diagram section and the Name section should include the overview part. Try to write the name of the section above the paragraph(s) of that section in bold and underlined letters.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2007, 01:29:29 by Arceon Barrurbeleth » Logged

qwert

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2007, 02:25:15 »

now I see what you meant

is pie a number or is it a pastry if it is the latter why does it have a square route but a route is a highway 

qwert

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 April 2007, 01:50:27 »

I would like any suggestions on what to add to the description and other parts of the game

Drúadan
Aspiring Member

Yeah...No

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 April 2007, 08:36:59 »

One thing that may help you get more feedback is fixing your already existing ideas. One of the msot important concepts to remember is pselling and grammer. You need to go back through all your sections and add seom periods, capital letters at the beggining of sentences, and just general spelling. This may help you get more comments.

Dru

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

-Bob Dylan "Mr. Tambourine Man"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 22 April 2007, 16:04:26 »

My comments from above still apply, qwert.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Drúadan
Aspiring Member

Yeah...No

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 April 2007, 22:34:10 »

Whoopsie, I'm an echo. Didn't see your post, sorry Artimidor. grin

qwert

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 May 2007, 02:44:12 »

I have removed several variants that i admit were a bit crazy I'll modify the game to what you'd probably want from I understand of your comments that have been posted        And thanks to all who commented

qwert

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2007, 12:01:29 »

i think i could use some more comments so this can become an actual feature so please i'm begging anyone for suggestions

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 11 May 2007, 12:39:12 »

Qwert:   All of Artimidor's comments still apply.   We are happy to comment IF our comments are taken into account and integrated.   Frankly, if there is no response or reaction from the original author, people will stop commenting altogether.   Also, we can't make 'suggestions' at this point as there is so little provided to stimulate the imagination!

Let me quote our sage:

"To be frank with you, Qwert: There are some basic things necessary if you want to contribute something in Santharia.

For one that is to follow a template and apply it. At this entry here for example I see neither an Overview part nor a Description part, which are the two most important parts at an entry.

Secondly you also need to have some substantial content in submissions you post, so a few unspecific sentences like in your Shields entry won't do.

And the third thing is: Make sure to watch grammar, spelling and start sentences with uppercase letters as everbody else does here as well in entry posts.

Aside from that you of course need some imagination and realistic ideas that make a game fun and playable. If these requirements can be met, it makes sense to check again here."

As far as I can see, you have simply deleted (rather than revised or added to) all the problematic portions, and integrated nothing new.   We can't really comment further, then, can we?

At this point there is so little information we can't envision how this game might be played, who plays it, or how it fits into Santharia at all.  Please read some other game entries and use your own imagination to add some details and descriptions. 

Keep trying - 'perspiration' is at least as valuable as 'inspiration' in the process of creation here!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

qwert

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 May 2007, 11:28:19 »

I had done some changes based on what Artimidor said but if they aren't apparnt I'll mull over what he said a bit for a while so I am changing the status back to ''work in progress''

Drúadan
Aspiring Member

Yeah...No

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 May 2007, 06:37:57 »

qwert: I have now done a large portion of the work for you! I added capital letters, punctuation, and even cleared up your grammer. I realize you marked this with the work in progress icon, but if you since you have not fixed your sentence structure even now, I felt the need to point you in the right direction.

Artimidor: "And the third thing is: Make sure to watch grammar, spelling and start sentences with uppercase letters as everbody else does here as well in entry posts."
You say you need to "mull over" his comments? You just need to read and incorporate all of them. ;) If you do what people are telling you, you will quickly have this entry up and on the site.

You have great ideas, but put them in a way that everyone can read and understand them! :)

The Tarinaki Game

History
Tarinaki was originally created when a man who wanted to play Saki with his friend forgot the dice. Too pass the time, he invented Tarinaki. Over time, many variations have been created to fit every different region and lifestyle.

Diagram
The game is usually played on a flat surface. After setup, the table or other surface will have a small pot in the middle, and money will be next to each player.

Equipment
  • A small clay pot
  • 2 Dice
  • Each player's money 
Setup
The clay pot is put within reach of the two player's. Each player is handed one die. The player's place their money on the table.

Rules
Each player rolls their die. The person with the lower die puts money into the pot equal to the difference between the other person's die and his. The game contineus in this fashion until the die have been thrown ten times. At this point, one last roll is made and the winner of this roll collects all the money in the pot.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2007, 06:45:17 by Drúadan » Logged

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 15 May 2007, 00:48:28 »

By the way, why not come up with a story about the name of the game?

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]