Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 7540 times)
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« on: 15 April 2007, 23:11:14 »

I just had a quick question about the nature of the ban.  While I undersand new tribes/races are banned, what about half-finished ones that simply needed a final URI to be integrated before being approved.  While digging through the forum I found a pretty much finished tribe entry that only needed one more check integrated before going up on site.  Since I know the member is long gone and found the tribe to be rather interesting, would it be problematic if I finished the URI and re-subitted it?
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2007, 23:27:50 »

Er...... could you at least give us a hint?   No one will steal it out from under your nose, if it does get approved to be finished!   (Good nose for 'digging', I must say.   I hope they weren't my Xirghurim, come to think of it!  {looks guilty} )

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2007, 23:31:26 »

*shifty eyes*

Actually, I believe there is a clan of dwarves buried way down there that was almost ready for integration.  The Black Dwarves of Something or Other.  Perhaps I should poach those?   ;)

Actually, it was more of a general question as I found quite a few that interested me.  If you want me to make up a short list I would be more than happy.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2007, 05:38:55 »

Well, I assume you mean the Black Dwarves, who - according to Thuja during the last Santhmoot - should be completed this year. This of course was actually last year. As far as I know he already wanted to have them done after the first Santhmoot. But I didn't hear from him lately. I wrote an e-mail to him recently as there was a question on how to draw Jamliso's ring, but yeah, no response so far on that. So I don't know what we should do about it - Thuja surely hasn't posted everything on the Forum what he has elaborated on them. Well, I could try contacting him again, but no promise on success.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2007, 05:53:16 »

O.O *backs away*  I didn't mean to sign up for the Black Dwarves!  I'll try to find the entries I found that interested me and post a list.
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2007, 01:12:09 »

After doing some shuffling the two tribes that I am going to ask to finish would be either the  Artan\'thyron Elves or the Sorahim. 
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2007, 01:52:03 »

Drat!  And here I thought I had a sucker... er...noble volunteer.... to be an ambassador to the Black Dwarves so I wouldn't have to venture down there to find out what happened to Thuja!

Drasil, you are EVER so much braver than little old me (bats her eyelashes shamelessly)... are you sure you don't want to try your hand at some Thergerim research?   

(looks worried at the thought that she might have to don her old mining helm and dwarven boots and head back down into the caverns...)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 April 2007, 02:11:56 »

I think the Artan'thyron tribe is already on the site as the Arthyron. 

Takór Salenár
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 April 2007, 03:53:33 »

As another masterwork or after the masterwork?? ;)
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2007, 23:46:04 »

@ Mina:  That would make sense.  I thought they sounded familiar, but when I did a site search, nothing turned up.

@ Judith:  I\'ve read through most of you dwarf entries, but doubt that I have enough knowledge to actually do a tribe on them, seeing as it hasn\'t really even been started yet.  Also, I wouldn\'t want to incur Thuja\'s wrath for stealing his creation.  Finally, if you remember, a while ago, I attempted to do Elven diet, and therefore read every elf entry on site.  I still remember most of it, and that, coupled with the information I have retained from CD commenting as a mini on the RPG board, makes me believe that I would be more qualified to work with elves than with dwarves. 

@Takor:  O.O Would it even be masterwork worthy?  If so I\'d definatly take it on as another.  I\'ve sort of.... lost inspiration...for my original one and most likely won\'t finish it until summer holidays.  If this would count, I would definatly take it on.  The Moot is so enticing.  *licks lips*

Anyways, for the Sorahim, is there a final Yay or Nay that I can get?
Takór Salenár
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 April 2007, 01:16:11 »

Drasil, I don't know if this would qualify as a masterwork - there is already so much done (I just looked through the submission and realised, that I have commented, forgot that totally) . You don't have to stay true to the submission though I would say, for it was only a submission and didn't make it on the site. (Or??) Let's hear what others say.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2007, 01:32:17 »

What are we talking about - allowing the Sorahim as a masterwork, or allowing Drasil to develop them at all?   

As he says, if they need doing, he does seem to be qualified - or at least we could trust that he'd do the legwork and background research to qualify!    I would say that incomplete entries don't count as 'new tribes', so Drasil should be able go ahead and finish them off.

However, if you think there's too little scope for imagination left, Takor, because so much of the entry is already defined, I agree that it wouldn't be the best submission AS A MASTERWORK.      Masterworks generally have to be original from concept all the way through to execution, at least as we originally proposed them. 

In that case, perhaps Drasil would prefer to focus his energies elsewhere and come up with a completely new suggestion?    "Or...?" as Art likes to say....  :)

Let's have a few more san's worth in the pot as well.... other opinions?

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2007, 02:47:46 »

The Sorahim entry still has quite a considerable amount of work.  Though it is completed according to the template, alot the information in it is either outdated or incorrect and the original Author, Sinen, abandoned it before he was able to integrate his first major comment from Viresse.  However, from what I had read, he had it planned, reserved and in progress for two years before actually submitting it (Which was in 2003)
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 April 2007, 03:54:28 »

One other thing.  Is it possible for the elves to have wings still?  I mean its a cool idea and all, and I would definately like to work with it, but do to the more \"scientific\" approach that we are using now, I don\'t think it would fit in with our modern \"norm,\" even though it was an accepted idea back then.
Clurion

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 April 2007, 04:12:47 »

Well there is always the chance they can have wings, due to something such as a mutation, that spread thorough breeding, or a reaction to something toxic that unearthed itself that may have been embedded in the earth. The idea is possible, but can you come up with the correct scenarion as to how it happened?

Kanji Version:
Semenai de! Kesanai de! Makenai de!
Dare datte motteru hazu yuzurenai mono.
Ai dake! Yume dake! Kimi dake!
Sorre dake ha hanasanai donna toki demo.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]