Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 7541 times)
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 22 April 2007, 04:14:09 »

The Elves would not mutate, as their are only partially material beings...also, mere mutation is not going to give a humanoid creature wings.

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Clurion

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2007, 04:18:11 »

Well, actually, studies have proven, that in the future, giving the right elements, some people might actually be born with mini wing, like things. Can't remember where, but ym friend found it while looking on the internet. And with enough study, they even found that when this happens, and the like reproduce, it will actually expand become more wing like. So thus, it may take a millenium or two after the frst glimpse or start of it, but it is possible.

Kanji Version:
Semenai de! Kesanai de! Makenai de!
Dare datte motteru hazu yuzurenai mono.
Ai dake! Yume dake! Kimi dake!
Sorre dake ha hanasanai donna toki demo.
Clurion

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 April 2007, 04:24:44 »

Please do take in mind that this is just a theory, and that only if itstarts, will it happen.

Kanji Version:
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 April 2007, 04:32:47 »

Actually, Mira, they have been isolated in the Isles of Quios since the fall of Fa\\\'va\\\'cal\\\'ar, during the great sundering.  They, however, wanting to seperate from their breathren for some reason, its not really mentioned, refused to acknowledge many Elven methods of transportation, such as the use of boats, and over time, eventually developed wings.  With the wings, they were able, according to the draft, to escape the notice of the Stormcloaks for a considerable amount of time, and were able to leave their islands and \\\"spy\\\" upon the bulk of the continent as well as travel between islands easily and establish more settlements outside of their capitaal in the Tach.  Therefore, until recent times, when they were discovered in the forests of Tach, they were considered to be a myth because no one could prove their existence as they simply flew away.  They also seem to have a strange \\\"exotic\\\" culture as well, almost like that of the Native Americans.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 22 April 2007, 04:36:32 »

Yes, but i was not claiming elves could not have wings, just that they would not be the result of mutation, but more of conscious alteration of their physical manifestations. Although their abilities have weakened since the Elf Tribes became separated from the original Light Elves, they still retain a great deal of mystical capabilities, and this would have been even more the case in ages past.

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 April 2007, 04:39:29 »

Yup.  Also, seeing as they have not really had any contact outside of the Dwarves mining the isles and the Stormcloaks, the fading of these mythical abilities would be further slowed as they have little to no foreign blood in the veins of their tribe. (Dwarves can\'t mate with elves and the elves are probably a bit to exotic for human taste)
Clurion

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 April 2007, 04:54:24 »

Well, I didn't know this was about the light elves, hich of course they could do that on their given their abilities, but they would most liekly be myth as suggested, I was just saying that for humans or normal elves, it would be a mutation, with light elves, that a different story as you described.

Kanji Version:
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 April 2007, 04:58:41 »

All the elves used to be one \"tribe\" before the fall of Fa\'av\'ca\'lar, thus therefore they would all be decended from them.
Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 April 2007, 06:03:37 »

There were some tribes that were never part of the empire, I think, the Light Elves being one such tribe.  It was the greatest nation around then, but if I'm not mistaken, there were others around too. 

As for wings, they might be rather too fantastic.  Even in the original entry, they were only a myth use to explain the tribe's migration. 

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 April 2007, 06:11:56 »

Huh?  In the version I have they migrated across on boats, then grew wings.
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 April 2007, 06:19:54 »

I'm looking at this one
Historical
In reality, the Sorahim hurried to build ships to carry them across the seas. While they hated to sail, the Sorahim weren't about to face destruction. The prayer to Grothar seemed to be answered as they set sail. The wind blew hard and didn't change direction. Of course, what do you expect when you sail from a storm. Three ships set sail. Two made it to the shore of the Isle of Killyshmagost. One sank shortly after sailing before they cleared the storm. Upon arriving the tribe quickly built their home in the Tach Forest. They lived for sometime without any significant events occurring.
No mention of wings here. 

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 April 2007, 06:32:33 »

Yeah, thats what I said.
Takór Salenár
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 April 2007, 07:10:12 »

But they didn't grow wings either, this is before the history part mentioned (myth and its variation).

I don't know, if wings are a good idea as a real fact. No elven tribe so far has them and it would not harmonize well with what we have. However, I think it would give a brilliant myth.

Apart from that - we should clear other questions first:

- Can Drasil work with them?

- How should we treat Sinens submission?As submission which didn't make it on the site or as an already fairly advanced work which should be respected? I don't think though, that it would be good masterwork, even if you double the length, Drasil. The ideas are here and not your own. Apart from that - a masterwork doesn't have to be so elaborate. A smaller fine entry would do it as well.

- They are not so isolated as some suggested above with no connection to the rest of the world, see the entry about Quios, the entry about Quios only says, that they live in the forested south of one of the major islands:

Inhabitants. While many of the smaller islands are the home to fishermen or lighthouse keepers, only the three largest islands support any true permanent life. Following the natural geographical split, the Isle of Quios’kathar is home to dwarves in the north and elves in the south. The Isle of Killyshmagot is populated by the human race, though here more than anywhere the different races of the isles can be seen mixing and interacting with each other. The last island, the Isle of Volveran, is home to the orc population of the Isles of Quios.

- We don't have evolution here (so no mutation) . We don't take the Santharian elven myths anymore as "fact" which tells us how the world was created, but we overcame, that there are no artefacts like dinosaurs around, but that "the gods have created the people as they are".

Is this still the case, Artimidor?

- apart from that, but that is only my personal opinion: let's reserve tribes and races for members, so that the apprentices who are finally members have an incentive to stay and work on!
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 April 2007, 23:44:36 »

Thats a bit unfair.  I know of current members who did races/tribes before they attained member status.  For example, Vesk did the Troll entry before becoming a member if I am not mistaken.
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 April 2007, 00:01:23 »

So where was it mentioned that they had wings?  I don't see it in the entry. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]