Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zundefor, Land Animal Spirit  (Read 2701 times)
Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 02 August 2007, 05:11:57 »

MYTHOLOGY:
Zundefor is one of the gods that emerged from the hermaphrodite chaos god, Afransyr, after he, being alone for eternity, fought himself and divided into fifteen gods, each of which represented one element, except of two gods that where formed the last, Zundefor and Aleshnir.

First the gods lived in peace, each worrying about their own elemental role on the land, in the sea and in the air. Only Zundefor and Aleshnir did nothing but, as the other gods where busy, played with one another. At one time the supreme gods Phoblit and Nechya called the meeting of gods where they requested for each god to present what did he do for the world. All of the gods told magnificent stories about what they did with thunder, lighting, snow, wind, rain, fire, ice, water, death, sea and the earth. Once the turn got to Phoblit he announced that Nechya is pregnant and that soon she will give birth. Zundefor and Aleshnir didn’t meet with the other gods as they where playing and the gods where mad at them for being lazy and doing nothing.

Nechya gave birth not to one but many children, who were later called humans. The new race did not have the godly powers so the gods saw them as their servants. As Nechya’s children grew, the gods thought the humans different things but, as gods didn’t have to eat, they didn’t thought the people how to get food. So one day  Asendin thought people how to fish and the same day Ertemmir thought the humans how to hunt. The only problem was that there were nothing to fish for in the sea and there were nothing to hunt for on the land. Again the council of gods met, discussing this matter and this time Zundefor and Aleshnir were called to as the other gods believed that they would be of use in solving this problem. The supreme gods suggested that the two youngest gods mate with all other gods so that new species of humans can be bred for the first people to hunt and eat.

The result of the idea was quite different than the gods expected. From mating with Zundefor, all different kinds of land animals were born, some of which were dangerous predators, other were peaceful beasts, capable of supporting people with hides and food, the third kind where neither of the previous two or mixtures.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2007, 02:22:21 by Arceon Barrurbeleth » Logged

Takór Salenár

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2007, 06:17:03 »

Arceon, I really recommend to read all the proposed entries first before you start thinking, for only then your thoughts are going already then in the right direction. They are MEANT to be read before you start collecting ideas! Only then you can know what is required!

As an example: If you would be familiar with the Icetribes you would not have the idea, that they might have books. They are a barbaric tribe and I doubt, that there are books at all (I exclude the Remusians here who are more civilized, but they worship other gods anyway)
Stones totems? Hard to get by in an ice world. Look around if somebody writes submissions about the icetribes as well. I would recommend to read Altarios wison (on the site already) as well as Neyecha's (?) rope and the Graveyard entry..
Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2007, 06:23:05 »

Right, will do that next time, before I start thinking about the entry! Thanks Takór! Totem part is one of the favorite to me but it can be changed into ice totems or something like that. Well, better to get to reading those entries now...

Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2007, 02:21:11 »

I posted the Mythology section mainly because no information about the gods exists on the site except their names and their elements. So is the mythology section acceptable?

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2007, 06:17:47 »

Had a quick read only, sounds not bad, but I have to check it more thoroughly later. What I didn't like is the fairly "dry" style you write , it would be nicer to have it as a narrated story.
AND, I agree, you need it, but that is more something Pikel should do in the general overview, so write him a mail to be present when he is needed! You need to do such things together.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2007, 02:41:34 »

I probably picked up the "dry" style from a mythology book by Nancy Hathaway I read recently, and I e-mailed Pikel the day before yesterday and I'm awaiting his reply.

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2007, 04:45:45 »

Arceon, we should postpone this till the main entry about the religion is done so that we know how the gods are generally. From there you can then develop this one. I'm sure you'll find something else to do meanwhile :)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2007, 22:16:55 »

Don't worry, I'll work on Katkara meanwhile!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]