Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Sorry...  (Read 3700 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« on: 02 August 2007, 18:01:51 »

... no, I'm not really sorry.. I just wanted to apologise by those I have promised to look into their work more thoroughly this week for the delay. The reason will show up soon in this thread. :D

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2007, 04:49:32 »

Seems like a good reason then, eh? :)

Anyway, sorry from me as well for being a bit scarce these days - I'm the rest of the week with my parents and am pretty busy with all kinds of stuff. Had to work (manually!) the whole day and only managed to answer a few questions in between, so not much power for much more. So this still a bit that way in the next days.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2007, 04:51:12 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2007, 10:59:06 »

And I've had no internet access for the last two weeks.   My apology as well for not being here!  We are scheduled to get it back in the next week or so... miss you all!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2007, 05:40:16 »

Ok, here is the reason for my forced absence: Very sweet and beautiful!

And here are more pics:

Merlin(10 weeks)

Merlin

Lilly  (12 weeks)

Lilly

There was a lot of running around till we knew which two we wanted. Lilly (Potter) is from the local animal asylum and Merlin from a farm not far from here. Alone the paper work in the asylum took nearly two hours (You don't want to know, what they want to know, adopting a child can't be much harder).

And with Merlin we got some unwanted houseguests - fleas. That meant a major house cleaning, washing all things which can be washed, wiping all floors etc...

Mia is of course fairly annoyed but we hope that she will get used to them soon.

But they are sweet!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 144

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2007, 06:03:55 »

Very cute, Talia.  Sorry about the house guests, I get itchy just thinking about it. shocked

Well, glad it wasn't a bad reason that you were gone.  Have missed you.  Hurry back as soon as you can. grin

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2007, 03:02:58 »

You don't want to know, what they want to know, adopting a child can't be much harder!

lol

So you  have three cats now and three kids - guess there's enough around the house now to keep you busy, Talia! grin I bet Mia might not be particularly fond of having company - pets get jealous easily...
« Last Edit: 07 August 2007, 03:04:56 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Niccoli
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

Somewhere North of South

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2007, 06:42:50 »

I hope you don't mind talia but I might have to steal an idea or two from those pictures. The second one of lilly (like the name) looks perfect for an idea I've been bouncing around in my head for a while. (Hearth Cat.)

"It's a poor atom blaster that doesn't point both ways."
-Salvor Hardin
Letitia De Lockhart
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2007, 07:11:50 »

Ah those little darlings are so precious. heart
Just looking at the pictures makes me want to speak that little baby voice and stroke them. I have got a little pitch-black cat called Tilly.

"I love him, I adore him, my mind and soul is now transported with the thought of that blessed ecstatic moment when I shall see him, embrace him...
I must sin on and love him more than ever. It is a crime worth going to hell for."
Petros Greenvale
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 August 2007, 10:31:20 »

Awwwwww there SO cute!!! heart hug
but even the cutest kitten has claws :P , im sure youve got your hands full Talia! ;)

___________"In the pursuit of happiness,___________
 the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up."

Petros Greenvale
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2007, 03:43:07 »

Kittens, oh dear. They look absolutely lovely Talia. And surely they have a splendid home to live in, the playground is enormous ;)

Here follows an official note of absence:
I've been busy working my way through various guides the past few days and we're currently packing: tomorrow morning we'll fly to London; my girlfriend and I will stay there for a week and happily browse through all that one of Europe's largest capitals has to offer, including The Tower, Fish 'n Chips, the home of Charly Chaplin and the Stone of Rosetta, to name a few :D See you afterwards, I'll try to get back into dev-ing asap.

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 08 August 2007, 03:50:06 »

Hope you - and your girlfriend of course - enjoy your stay, Gean! Greetings to Big Ben :)

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2007, 01:43:29 »

Kittens! Awwwww! *cuddles the furry critters*

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2007, 13:44:30 »

AWWWWwwwwwwww!   (wants to scoop Lily up and cuddle her on the spot)

Two MORE reasons to visit Talia again...

Congratulations, Talia - they are two very lucky kittens.  I do wish that my allergies didn't prohibit getting a cat again over here in Korea (well, even if I could, we are no longer allowed pets in the guesthouse.  The university had too many complaints from ailurophobes, I guess...)   but I miss having a kitty around!  Ah well, it's not as if Katherine doesn't keep me busy with her charming ways...

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 14 August 2007, 18:14:38 »

We nearly lost Merlin due to panleukopenie, several visits by the veterinary, a lots of medicamen ts from antibiotics to stuff which should prevent vomitting, diarrhoea, help his immunsystem etc didn't help, he lost over 300g (had just 1100g before), didn't eat anything for a week.Then I asked the farmer's wife from whom we had him what he likes to eat, described her the symptoms and she gave me  homeopathic tiny pills -and he recovered within several hours slightly (started to play again). The veterinary of course says it was the water (15ml) which he gave him subcutaneous the same evening, I don't know. (The cats don't die from the virus, but from dehydration) It's still a fight when he needs his medicine ( now water mainly, a 5% sugar solution) which we have to give him with a injection device into his little mouth, he has then to swallow, not an easy task, I tell you. I haven't seen him drink, that's still the problem, but his hunger has come back.

Lorek Sarnif
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 5

Intrepid Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 August 2007, 23:06:10 »

Very adorable cats, M'Lady. Glad I stopped by this thread.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]