Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Remusian Men V2.0  (Read 17374 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #45 on: 14 October 2007, 02:36:30 »

As even I with a red/green weakness can see that something's wrong here, I bet our friend does this deliberately... evil I'd guess that Altario was one of those guys at school sitting in the back row, always a joker and particularly irritating to teachers... Any truth in that, Altario?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 October 2007, 02:44:44 »

I still have scars from the chalk being hurled at me from the teachers.....  angry

*shrugs*  its just my skewed view of life, the universe and everything... grin

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18 November 2007, 15:14:23 »

Was hoping someone could comment on my Appearance section (found in Reply #43) so that I may integrate it into the new entry, and start on the next section.

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15 December 2007, 17:09:55 »

*sigh*... am assuming that no replies meant that said appearance section was perfect, and no one could find fault with it, so am putting it in the main entry and going to work on the next sections

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 25 December 2007, 05:36:22 »

Developers Notes:  As the Church of Kor'och is a new religion, it is a very jealous cult.  I will develop it in more detail at a later date, so any hints to it in this entry should be read with that in mind.  I will leave some things open to speculation, and only general descriptions will be made to it.

Pikel
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29 December 2007, 10:00:58 »

Hello there, just thought i'd stop in :)

Men are typically around two peds in height.  Most ice tribes have strict rules how their hair or beard is to be worn. However, these traditions have started to be replaced.  The common Remusian wears a beard in the style of the Ice Tribes, but upper class men have taken on a clean shaven look. The hair is often kept long, but neatly in a braided ponytail, or kept cropped short, just below the ear line.

I'm not sure about this in one way. While yes, I agree that the tribes would hold *rules or styles* for beard length and what not, I believe each tribe would have it's own rules and stylings. Thus, saying things such as 'wears a beard in the style of the ice tribes' could be overly vague, especially since I should think the remusians would have their own rules and styles seperate from each of the other tribes. This just looks to be a question of semantics though :)

Because of the harsh conditions in the Remusian lands, farming is next to impossible.  As such, most agricultural grain and vegetable items are acquired through trade to the south.  There is a small livestock agricultural community, which raises cancu sheep.  Most meat is gained through hunting.  The whooly boar and the wison are the two main supplies of meat.  However, the largest food source for the Remusians is fishing, and the hunting of sea dwelling animal including; pinnips, penguins, and sea elephants.  The more intrepid of the Remusian sailors hunt the Carteloreen. Return to the top

You might also want to mention the Thunderfoot and Monh Rum (read the entry on the icelands for the monh rum. Also, It's mentioned on the site that the ice tribes have, and do, practice cannibalism, but if The remusians may be too civilized for such a thing. Just some 'food' for thought.

Also, the belief section. The old Remusian entry mentioned Kor'och, but there is no other mention of him on the site. I've thought long and hard on it, and here is where I would like your opinion. For the most part, the Ice Tribes have a polytheistic approach to their religion, seperate gods for seperate aspects of the world. (i'll speak with you more on this) Kor'och, However, i think should be a Mortal, a legendary hero, bless by the gods (or a  specific god). Killed in action and all that jazz. Worshipped by the remusians, but *not* a god. Your entry allows for this in all but use of the word god and deity and what not. Thus the remusians still worship and praise him, but he isn't a god. I'd like your thoughts on this.

The Icemen worship the forces of nature. They think that the world is ruled by 15 gods, who actually have the form of the element they represent, and are in a constant fight with each other allying occasionally for the needs of their war. The supreme gods are Phoblit (the male day god) and Nechya (the female night goddess), Brender (thunder), Asterlin (lightning), Chelinor (snow), Weabor (wind), Reanor (rain), Peierojon (fire), Pargis (ice), Heterniz (water), Zundefor (the land animal spirit, in the form of the great white bear), Aleshnir (the sea animal spirit in the form of a white whale), Necteref (death), Asendin (sea) and Ertemmir (the earth). These gods - according to Icemen mythology- are the breed of Afrasnyr the hermaphrodite chaos god, who - being alone for eternity - decided to fight with his own self and, during the struggle, he split himself to the 15 gods living inside them. The Icemen believe that Zundefor and Aleshnir mated with the other gods and with each other giving birth to mortal life. The humans according to their beliefs are the children of Phoblit and Nechya mating one time before they begin their eternal warfare.

The Icemen do not build temples or practice ceremonies for the major gods other than appeal rituals, when they seem menacing (during a storm for example). The Icemen carve totem poles in ice representing the animal that symbolizes their individual tribe and is tattooed upon them. This way the totems establish a connection between them and the land itself. Their yearly renewal during the summer defines not only the change in seasons, but also the change in everyday life.

Above is an excerpt from the entry on the ice tribes, and is what i've been basing everything in regards to their beliefs on, with the exception of kor'och. So please give me your thoughts on the matter, thank you :)

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 29 December 2007, 10:46:12 »

The Remusians worship Kor'och, the "Winged Lord of the Eternal" as they call him. Kor'och is the God of Creation and War and is worshipped by all Remusians, without exception. Kor'och is normally pictured as a winged, hooded, warrior, riding a huge black horse. He carries a great axe and his beard is caked with blood.

This is a direct quote from the compendium.  My thoughts on this are along the lines of what you are saying.  He was born human, was a great hero, died.  After this, the Remusians came to believe that he was a god, thus deifying him.  It was a long time ago, and through the years, Kor'och has become accepted by many Remusians as THE only god.  I want a real dichotomy of views here, with conflict within the Remusians.  They are not a homogeneous people.  There are many inner conflicts here, especially concerning religion.

I'm not sure if I put up the pencil icon back up on this, however, I will do so, after writing this reply.  I have recently begun to put a renewed effort into this entry, which has suffered from neglect in the last month, as other projects needed finishing before I could devote myself full time to this and the Remusiat entry.  That said, I readilly look forward to discussing much about the Ice Tribe culture, as I want the Remusian's to be a very complicated people.

That said, Welcome back, Pikel. :D

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 31 December 2007, 21:02:28 »

Small note:  cannibalism was never practised 'casually' by any terran tribe - as one of our strongest taboos, it was always hedged about with ritual, religious accretions, and formality.  (I do not refer to such exceptional cases as the Donner party or the 'Alive' crash, in which it was considered 'a matter of survival')

If we want to retain cannibalism as a practise of the Ice Tribes I would strongly suggest that it be 'confined' to specific religious ceremonies and partaken of in a formal and prescribed manner...

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Pikel
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01 January 2008, 05:02:44 »

Cannibalism of dead foes is also practiced in the Icelands.

I'm just going off the 'Ice Tribes' Entry. I wouldn't mind taking that part out, ESPECIALLY for the remusians, what with them being a lot less barbaric then the other tribes. But as of now, the Ice tribe's entry states that cannibalism is practiced.

Interesting Side Note: Until about a week ago, a lived a stone's throw away from Donner Pass :S

Rakshiri
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 7

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01 January 2008, 05:47:36 »

the more problematic thing about the Remusians practicing cannibalism is why they don't practice it anymore. If they derive from the Ice tribes a clear development should be shown. Aside of that cannibalism is more llikely among a society that is pretty much vegetarian because the sources of meat are limited (and a welcome energy boost) than among people that already live off meat all the time.

Cannibalism itself shouldn't be considered barbaric, the more important question is why they find it beneficial. Eating the meat of a dead guy might be disgusting but there seems litttle to it compared to actual human sacrifce as it was practiced by bronze age greeks, Romans or Carthaginians. At least the person is already dead!

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01 January 2008, 07:03:18 »

The Remusians do not practice this... I will make the necessarry notes in the entry...  :D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]