Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Blood Magic Proposal/Discussion- Magic Experts Come Here!  (Read 10297 times)
Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2007, 02:50:20 »

The Pillars of Revival sounds a bit iffy. Zombification I could see fitting in, but truly reviving? That's going into the spiritual aspects of things as well, not to mention you'd also have to have a way to cure/heal the dead body from whatever it was it previously died from to prevent it from just dying again instantly.

Otherwise I don't see any problems with the system. There's still the ban though. So far the previous 'exceptions' didn't really fall under it as they were already existing systems (with referenced to them on the site) being worked out.
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2007, 02:56:25 »

Perhaps an Intelligent Zombie-state?

So are you telling me there is no way I can do this due to the ban Marvin?

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2007, 03:06:56 »

I think that if the tribe is already done or in development there shouldn't be too much trouble with the ban.  It's really meant to stop people from creating new systems for no good reason.   

Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 August 2007, 19:15:01 »

Marmarra is more of a sub-tribe within the Zhunite men...and they exist...but the information on site is notoriously outdated...

So can I have a definitive answer to this:

'Can I develop this Blood Magic System?'

Lorek Sarnif
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 5

Intrepid Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 August 2007, 22:46:59 »

Though I'm no magical expert it is a world I wish to delve deeper into. I thought this would be a good start so here's my two sans worth. First off, Blood Magic is a great idea though I think it should be heavily restricted to highly experienced role-players with great knowledge of the Santharian magic system and have no history of God-modding. Allowing someone like Navar to role play a Blood Mage would pose a great threat to any decent role player. Secondly, I don't see how resurrection would be at all possible. You're talking about bringing back the dead from the Ethereal Void. They have disintegrated into the very fabric of our world and now have no soul.

Thirdly, Blood Magic; strictly IMHO, would most likely be banned for power reasons, much like Black Druids. The reason Black Druids are banned is because they are capable of ripping the conscience from any living being and transferring their own into that body. That's basically immortality with the ability to kill anyone at your merest whim. I think a Blood Mage beyond the very basic teachings would be capable of similar feats. Fourth, a practitioner of Sannryumancy (unofficial term for it created by my sleep deprived conscious mind after 29 hours) could ... in a sense, manipulate all four elements to extreme results. With necromancy they are no longer inhibited by the limits on it presently defined in fire magic or anywhere on site for that matter. They could manipulate the element of water in us (since that is the chief element in blood) to the point of where we would become almost completely water or none at all.

Mind you, I'm not trying to discourage you Deci, I do consider you a friend. If you need any help in this matter after gaining moderator approval; you know my display name, send me a Private Message. I would be more than happy to help in the development of this particular aspect of magic. I know it doesn't sound like it above but you do have my full support. Those are merely some questions I have about said development. I wish you the best, Lord Deci. Take care all of my fellow dreamers.

Sincerely,
Dagan A. Ironfist

Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 August 2007, 00:00:12 »

Dagan...
We are not creating things here for the rpg board. UNtil this is approved it is not wise to talk  about the connection of the rpg board to this topic...

I was known as Shansi before :)
My Development Schedule
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 August 2007, 01:25:53 »

I have thought about this...and I want to make it an unconditional ban for RPing...This is because:

- Sanriers are Rarely found outside of Nybelmar

- Blood Magic offers too much power to the individual

- Regardless of your previous knowledge on Santharian Magic- This is a Nybelmarian magic and thus is unrelated

I would however have no problem with NPCs having this ability in stories set in Nybelmar...if of course there is a good reason for it...

Gaffin
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 12

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 August 2007, 01:36:58 »

They could manipulate the element of water in us (since that is the chief element in blood) to the point of where we would become almost completely water or none at all.

Dagan, I think Blood Magic is restricted to the channeling of Sanryu in one's own body. I'm not positively certain, but that's what I deduced from reading the post.

Resident Gnome scholar.
My development schedule
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. -Henry David Thoreau
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 August 2007, 01:48:49 »

The purpose of Blood Magic is to manipulate the Sanryu, the "energy" within the blood. In simple terms, it is used to direct that energy so more of it can be put into a specific area.

I was known as Shansi before :)
My Development Schedule
Gaffin
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 August 2007, 01:50:05 »

Yes, but the first post does not state that one can control the allocation of Sanryu in another's body, it only says they can control it in their own.

Resident Gnome scholar.
My development schedule
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. -Henry David Thoreau
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 August 2007, 01:57:08 »

I DID state you can affect other people's Sanryu flow using your own....

There are some, a rare elite, who are able to direct Sanryu to very specific points on their body, or even in extremely rare cases project it outside of their own body and use it for offensive or beneficial purposes.

Oh and to Adress Dagan: This concept is not to be used in conjunction with Ximaxian magic- Blood Magic isn't approached as manipulating elements or Ounia or however Ximaxian magic works...

Gaffin
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 August 2007, 02:00:07 »

I thought that simply meant affecting the environment or for actual physical offensive abilities, not actually altering someone else's Sanryu flow. Thanks for clearing that up.

Resident Gnome scholar.
My development schedule
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2007, 02:05:40 »

It is vauge I guess:

But It should be recognised- Blood Magic alters 'Sanryu flow'- at least at most levels...

Blood Magic consists of moving your own Sanryu to specific areas to achieve a desired effect

BUT

Sanryu Flow is always happening- constantly- in all living creatures (I say that most people accept plants are exempt from Sanryu Flow). Sanryu Flow is what keeps people alive.

I assume that the same thesis could applied to affecting other people's Sanryu as 'Channel Absorption'...When one extends their own Sanryu flow OUTSIDE of their body...This though is very hard to do...

SO

I assume it is possible that one can affect someone elses Sanryu Flow to produce the same effects that a Sanrier can cause on themselves- Though only as long as the flow contact remains

Am I making sense or just rambling?

Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2007, 02:53:58 »

Personally I don't have anything against it, but as it was brought up for Coren's thingy I figured it needed mentioning here as well.
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 August 2007, 03:56:42 »

What is 'Coren's Thingy' ...I'm lost right now....

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]