Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Santharian Awards 2007  (Read 7189 times)
Alassiel Telrúnya
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 29 October 2007, 21:19:00 »

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but just thought to let you guys know that over on the RPG board, we're planning an awards ceremony, with loads of different awards, where approved characters nominate who they think should win. This idea was thought up by his Excellency Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin worship and we have four main categories of awards, one of them being Development awards (Which Alt is in charge of, obviously :) ). Awards which have been made since the 1st of January 2007 are eligible, so if one of you guys wins an award, you might be expected to come over and give a thank you speech, and maybe even participate in a RPing Winners' Celebration Party (we stole the idea form the Dev board's inauguration sorry ).
« Last Edit: 29 October 2007, 23:03:21 by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2007, 05:21:27 »

Hmm... You wouldn't have directions to the location of this great event, now would you?

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2007, 05:24:20 »

There aren't any yet. Check back the end of the week, Alassiel promised it'd be up by then :P

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Alassiel Telrúnya
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2007, 05:28:04 »

Uh huh, I'm going to pester one of the Admins to make it visible to everybody by tomorrow, if possible!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2007, 05:48:42 »

Santharian RPG Awards surely are an interesting idea, and as I have Admin powers over at the RPG board I can also see the work that goes into these Awards already. I hope it will also work out practically, as it is definitely not easy to read and judge all that is needed to make decisions here - but you seem to have it all pretty well organized, so I'm looking forward to the first winners :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 30 October 2007, 05:49:51 »

Well, yes, i figured that much out... I can see most stuff, as i actually have an approved character on that side of the dream, i just rarely use it..

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 October 2007, 05:59:36 »

Ummm....Just to clarify...Is this a proposition to introduce awards that would highlight exceptional members of the Dev team in certain categories?

If so...I would be interested in this prospect....

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2007, 06:06:04 »

i think is is a general awards ceremony for the RPG side, and that they added a few Dev awards as well..

Avrah Kehabhra

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 144

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2007, 12:56:11 »

If the santharian awards are our equivelent of the Oscars, then I envisioned the development side of things to be the Best Special Effects, Best Cinematography categories.   Nothing could happen there without all the hard work you have done over here.  I did not want that forgotten when we start congradulating each other for well written stories.

So, because this is the first such award ceremony, I would like to make eligable any entries that have been approved since Jan/07.  If any of you have a entry that you think deserves recognition, the please let me know that it should be nominated for an award.  The judges will narrow done the nominations andf the final nominees will be voted on by the RPG public.  We have decided that we wanted to discourage self nominating.

I hope that this meets with everyones approval here.  It went over well on the RPG side.  It is not an overly serious thing, and we really dont want hurt feelings from anyone that is not nominated or does not win.  Discussions over there seemed to suggest that this was not going to be a problem.  It was just a nice way to reward excellence on the site.

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 30 October 2007, 16:33:23 »

Recommendation from readers is a good thing, but can be very onesided as well. I think if you do this, you should go yourselves through the webhistory to see what was done this year.
We have already a similar thing on the dev-side - the "Best of the Year" which Artimidor puts together end of December.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 144

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 October 2007, 20:18:43 »

Well, that was my original proposal, but majority rules, and others who got involved voted for the format we have now, so I must go along.  Not perfect, but.....  Like I said, its trying to be something nice to show recognition, but shouldn't be taken too seriously.  It's not like the winners get a cash prize, right guys? grin Guys?  Hey!  What are you doing with my chequebook?  Come back here with that........ angry

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 30 October 2007, 20:37:34 »

*is sceptical*

Well, I fear the one who shouts around making his entry  public gets the most attention and the entries written recently have advantages as well...... but that's up to you and not to be taken too seriously as you said yourself. Let's see, what from the dev-board has migrated to the RPG-Board :)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2007, 02:03:32 »

Also, it might be a very good indication of what kind of entries, be it based on subject, style, location or otherwise, is liked by our RPG fanclub :P

Avrah Kehabhra

Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2007, 02:57:05 »

Well...Mira, I did say for these to be categorised....Plus...I think there should be a 'nomination' system rather than a 'I think my entry is good...look look look' system.

It could follow a format like this:

Best Beast

Best Plant

Best Place

Best Race or Tribe

Best Language (maybe not...but workable)

Best Historical Event

Best Person/Group entry

ECT. ECT. ECT.

with other awards like maybe 'Best Entry', 'Best Newcomer', 'Best Illustration', 'Best Musical piece'....ect. ect. ect.

Nominations could work easily. We simply have someone suggest an entry from each category, the nomination has to be seconded to be considered valid....the respective heads of development (Art I guess could take responsibility for Best Entry etc. categories) could make a shortlist of 5 entries that would then be open to a public poll...

Easy and good....Plus we could have these awards showcased on the site...or our personal team pages....

Oh...and before anyone jumps in saying this will make others feel bad, we could also include 2nd, 3rd and runner up awards.... grin

Decipher Ziron

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 31 October 2007, 03:00:08 »

Decipher, dear, you're forgetting this is NOT centered on the Dev side.. tis a side-dish of a RPG event..

Avrah Kehabhra

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]