Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Noxie-Pie is in the Building  (Read 8660 times)
Val O就eil
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 33

Flutterby Oddity

View Profile
« on: 08 November 2007, 11:04:18 »

Bonjour, dollies. I am Valeri. Better known as Nox on the RPG board. I don't bite... usually.

I kind of have schooling that I go to. It's a complicated situation and I'm much too tired of explaining it to do so right now or ever again. I am an artist. I write often, I draw all the time, and I sing once in a while. I rant a lot. Periodically, I'll even draw something that's decent. And I only sing in the shower or when I'm feeling particularly like I should be living in a musical.

I am a martial artist and am currently a brown belt who is slacking off and missing a lot of class due to bad knees and weak ankles. I'm doing weight training to fix this problem before I really start up on it again and get my red belt as I was supposed to about a month ago. Unfortunately, at the moment, I couldn't go and earn my red belt right now if I wanted to because I can't land any of the jump side-kicks in my form as my ankles and knees are too weak to keep from buckling... Enough ranting about that, though.

I've been around for... uhm.. I actually haven't kept track of how long it's been since I joined the RPG side of things. But I had known about this site for about two years before I actually was able to work past my shyness and join. So, now I'm upon the Dev boards. Though, I honestly have no idea why. I suppose that I'll eventually create something nifty, perhaps even in the near future.

So... uhm. Yeah. This is my little "Hello, I'm here" post. I think I've got the basics:

1.)   Stay clear of Miraran's Greenhouses as I am told they're dangerous.
2.)   Keep out of Artimidor's sock-drawer. Though it currently has yet to actually exist in his spiffy, squeaky-new flat.
3.)   Stay away from Talia's "Apprentice Workspace". I think it was called the Dungeon of Doom or something of the like?
4.)   Avoid all Marmarans, especially Decipher, I believe it was.
5.)   And run from all and any moments of Petros singing for reasons that I have yet to discover.

*Winks and smiles prettily.*   I'm a quick learner but I frighten easy and am skittish as a Strata Cat, so please be gentle. ^_~

~ heart Noxie heart ~

EDIT:   Wow. I literally stared at the post button for a little over half an hour before actually working up the nerve to click it. A simple little task which still proved to be amazingly hard to do. And when it happened it was indeed a surprise. My reaction is recorded in the IRC as such:

[09:02:PM] Nox: I'm still trying to decide if I should or shouldn't.
[09:02:PM] Garret: lol ... but you feel compelled to post it
[09:02:PM] Nox: Shhh shhhhh
[09:02:PM] Garret: lol
[09:04:PM] Nox: OH MY GOD
[09:04:PM] Nox: I just clicked it
[09:04:PM] Garret: lol
« Last Edit: 08 November 2007, 11:07:55 by Noxie » Logged

Nature is our wildest home. It includes the oceans that provide our rain, the trees that give us air to breathe, the ancestral habitats we shared with countless kinds of animals that now exist only by our sufferance or under our heel.-Edward Hoagland
Hylph嫕
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 5

Life's too short, Write it as you experience it!

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2007, 11:09:45 »

Hi Nox!  Welcome to the "Other" side of Santharia.  I hope you will enjoy the interesting things found here.  I am sure they will call up your creative side and result in many "unique" entries from your wonderful imagination!  Most importantly - enjoy yourself!

Fair wind and following seas...

Hylph嫕's CD
Vesk Lyricahl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2007, 11:22:07 »

~distracts Nox with cookies~

Here hon, nibble on these and don't worry about being nervous. Welcome to the dev board, feel free to post any ideas you've got. Newbies are usually gently shoved toward the Bestiary and Herbarium, as those entries are supposedly the easiest to write. Just remember it's best to ask first if you have an idea you're unsure about. ;)

Can I just get it out in the open now? That I love you? Just so everyone knows I'm biased when it comes to Noxie-Cake. heart
Val O就eil
Santh. Member

Flutterby Oddity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2007, 11:24:26 »

~*Munches happily on the cookies and cuddles Vesk, not quite paying attention to anything else that's really going on.*~

^__^

Nature is our wildest home. It includes the oceans that provide our rain, the trees that give us air to breathe, the ancestral habitats we shared with countless kinds of animals that now exist only by our sufferance or under our heel.-Edward Hoagland
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2007, 23:24:53 »

Welcome, Valari Nox!   

(The Bard sweeps a curtsey and straightens again, a whimsical grin curving her mouth and sparking in her emeraud eyes...)

We don't bite either, though we are a staid lot of robed researchers prowling the halls of the Great Compendium, and public snogging may garner you a few startled glances here in this sanctum of learning.... ;)

Howsoever that may be, someone has indubitably called a servant to bring you some refreshments - probably the traditional welcome of Dochnut and Kao-kao cookies, which are not to be missed, and an assortment of drinks - and the steward or the chatelaine, either of whom who will be happy to assign you your tiny study cubicle somewhere in the maze of hallways, and show you to your equally tiny scholar's room somewhere under the eaves. 

Ah, I see you've found the cookies already!  Well, please wash them down with our favorite fermentation, Artiwine, and try to keep your head clear enough to remember where you will be going to start work the next morning.   

Oh, Vesk dear, if you must nibble on her neck instead of the cookies, keep it low enough so it won't show.  Those Marmarrans are a straitlaced bunch, particularly this one imposing character.....   anyhow, they're dreadfully conservative.   Even more so than I, and I have been told I earned my (rarely heard) rhyming nickname ...

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2007, 00:52:04 »

"Smart Bard"? *puppy eyes at Judith*

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2007, 03:01:37 »

Hello Noxie/Valeri!

Nice to meet you on the Dev side of things, though there really is no reason to be anxious to hit the post button. We're just a bunch of relatively normal people who enjoy developing things, and if you like contributing in the one way or the other, this is most welcome. So don't take things to seriously here - and if you post e.g. an entry and get detailed comments, suggestions on what to improve and why, take this as a help to make your entry even better. So absolutely no reason to be afraid - and as I saw at the RPG board you like to get into detail at your character description, and that can't be wrong when doing something here at the Dev Board as well :)

I don't know if you have a web gallery or something as you say you draw as well, if so you could post a link so that we can check out your style and stuff in this regard. Note however that we try to be as consistent as possible regarding style and quality in the graphical field ;)

At any rate: Have a look around, Noxie, find yourself a place where you think you might have something to add to our world, and then let us know here first before you start on something what you have in mind. It's always good for starters to discuss your plans before you begin, and then the experience how to do things is gained in the process of working on something. Just take it easy at the beginning and ask questions that pop up in your mind, Noxie - we're here to help you! grin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2007, 03:15:24 »

*Sighs*

Why with the constant 'Avoid Marmarrans'....Just because they made their fortune by pillaging their neighbours, have allies with the zombie-like Daedhirians, Develop magicks concerning gruesome spirits and unbearable torture and are part of a nation led by a Witch always leads people to 'Avoid' us....

Anyway, Its nice to see a new face in the compendium, and your experience with the RPG side is sure to be a benefit than from coming here with no experience....So have fun around here.....

The Suprisingly Un-Melancholic Decipher,

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 November 2007, 04:29:12 »

Hello there Noxie! I am one of the rare people you don't have to avoid here grin ;)! Anyway, enjoy your stay here and welcome aboard, I see you've already been offered a snack and a drink so I'll just say hi!

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 November 2007, 04:56:52 »

Hey Noxie!  Glad to see you braved the dev board.  Anways, since you will most likely be "gently shoved, as Vesk put it, into the bestiary or Herbarium, you should be seeing even more of me.  If you have any questions you know where to ask.  grin
Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 November 2007, 05:23:51 »

Sorry to get of topic Noxie, but Drasil, shouldn't you choose a title, because someone may confuse you with an Apprentice since it's written larger than Santh. Member?

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 November 2007, 05:55:34 »

I probably should, but I don't really have anything that I'm in charge of so I couldn't think of anything.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 09 November 2007, 06:20:08 »

/derails Just pick one of your favirite subjects.. *checks entry list* Earth magic, maybe?  Drasil Razofang - Earth Sculptor /rerails

Hey Nox, Good to see you on this side as well :)

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Val O就eil
Santh. Member

Flutterby Oddity

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 November 2007, 12:58:15 »

*Sniffles and looks around frightfully.*

...Your guys' conversations containing confusional unrelated topics of which I do fail to coherently comprehend has caused a catastrophic distress to twist in my tummy...

*Squeaks and promptly hides behind the tall Vesk.*

A-And, yes-s, confusional i-is a w-word.

Twen Araerwen
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 18

Death's Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 November 2007, 20:17:10 »

Welcome to the dun.....er, metropolis of the compendium Noxxie! If these kind gentlemen scare you then run to my quarters and have my undea.... not so lively servants protect you.  ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]