Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: The Kaaer'dár'shín Half-Orcs - 1st Revision  (Read 24952 times)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 31 May 2008, 05:49:22 »

Now you're getting carried away a bit...lol

Arti! Approve this already! Make him stop!

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #61 on: 31 May 2008, 05:57:28 »

Actually Azhira, we do try to use as much Ye Olde English spelling as possible, and they are just minor edits, so what harm is there to be done by making them?

And don't worry, Masterworks take weeks or months to complete. It's what makes them so exceptionally good, usually. At any rate, there is no use in riching to the blarrow for any entry, as it wíll be approved eventually.

(Finally, let me assure you that Masterworks tend to get uploaded even when it's not an Update Weekend ;))

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 31 May 2008, 06:06:39 »

Alrighty then...blarrow removed.

Entry has been Ye Olde English-ised...

As for the iron part, iron is not a natural resource in that area I assume so my thought was their source of iron comes from their fallen enemies, the orcs.

I have to protest, however, as this may be a valid issue, but no other tribe entry (that I know of) mentions iron and most every tribe uses it. You'd have to question alot of tribal entries about this as well.

I would think that it is assumed that ironworks was a skill that came with the Kaaer when they left the Kuglimz.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2008, 06:08:31 by Azhira El´rosse » Logged

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #63 on: 31 May 2008, 06:10:15 »

*shrugs* I was not around back then, but i'd say that a tribe entry has to explain where the most used resources come from, if they are not present in the PLace entry of the tribes teritory. (and even then a quick note would be nice).

I fail to see however, why you compare your entries to others as to the requirements. Is the idea of a Masterwork not to simply produce the best entry you can?

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 31 May 2008, 06:15:14 »

*squeezes between Mira and Azhira* Now, now. Let's not have unpleasantness. This is supposed to be a time of great joy and co-operation....*sees steely glare in Azhiras eyes, and feels muscles in Miras body stiffen*  Erm, right, I;ll leave you two to sort this out, then *disappears in a cloud of dust, turns to Azhira and shouts over his shoulder* The Ironwood tree is a good source of iron in the Prominent mountains, as is the soil it grows in. But you'll have to get through the Ashz-oc to get any......

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 31 May 2008, 06:19:04 »

Ok...good points, Mira and Smee...

I've integrated this paragraph under the Production/Trade section:

"The Kaaer'dár'shín are gifted weaponsmiths and the tribe's craftsmen produce some of the finest small hand weapons in the North. The skill of iron working was a skill that the Kaaer'dár'shín brought with them when they broke from the Kuglimz. Most of their iron comes from the fallen weapons of the tribes enemies, the orcs, and the metal is re-processed in weaponsmithy enclaves. Most of the weaponsmiths are located in the main Themed'lon colony of Torik."

It gave some detail to this skill and established a name for the main colony.

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #66 on: 31 May 2008, 06:22:51 »

Very nice! Let's see what Art has to say now :D

Avrah Kehabhra

Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 31 May 2008, 10:26:35 »

REALLY!!

Leave my apprentice alone, you brutes, or I shall melt down your computers, make rings of the metal parts and braid them into my hair!  (Kuglimz heritage--and temper--showing here)

Haven't you any entries of your own to  work on?  I haven't seen a tribe researched,  worked over, and written up this throughly since I've been here, and that's a few years now.   I gave Azhira the go-ahead and am somewhat upset that my judgment would be called into question over a few trivial points like this.

Okay, so you caught a couple things I missed.  Fine, no problem there, and you made valid points. That doesn't mean you should tell her to remove the blarrow. Until the entry is put on site, she can still adjust it with the blarrow on.  If Art decides it's not ready, HE gets to override my decision, but I don't think that other people really ought to do so.

(takes a couple of deep breaths)

I am not trying to start a fight or offend anyone, but just hoping to let you see that from my perspective, this seems a bit presumptuous.

Alysse

Alysse the Likely
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #68 on: 31 May 2008, 14:50:09 »

Hey, calm down a bit you two ;) - Anyway, I've read a good deal of it (couldn't get to all of it yet), but I see that the Lady of the North fully approves of Azhira's masterwork already, and now the very last things seem to be fixed as well, so I guess we're pretty much done.

So I will see to check it one final time and integrate the entry already this weekend, it has really a lot of stuff in it that was superbly done, a very integrative and important entry. Azhira has really put a lot of effort into it and it clearly shows :D And she also has several more things in the works, so I guess she deserves to get that member badge soon! - I'd say you can already think about what to put on your member page, Azhira, as there will be an inauguration party pretty soon! :)
« Last Edit: 01 June 2008, 02:16:41 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Smee
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 20

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 31 May 2008, 17:45:15 »

Congrats, Az. Thoroughly deserved.  grin

~

*chuckles* And Alysse... sorry for leaping in with 'trivial points', but I was kinda promised my grammar/spelling opportunity, because just a couple of days ago I was told she was in the ideas/structure stage at the moment and not incorporating such comments yet.

@ Smee - I appreciate your spelling/grammar checks. I look forward to your continued help in that regard.

Then... suddenly, that stage was over and you'd approved it!  shocked

Not all of us are experts on a territory, or can help with languages etc. Newbies such as me still want to help too, and have to rely on these 'trivial' points.  ;)

Besides, I'm sure I'll give Az opportunity for revenge in a few weeks/months  evil

« Last Edit: 31 May 2008, 17:59:47 by Smee » Logged

"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own satanic herd!"
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #70 on: 31 May 2008, 20:05:47 »

*Offers Azhira and Alysse some cookies* I wasn't trying to delay/sabotage anything, i swear!

Avrah Kehabhra

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #71 on: 31 May 2008, 20:13:24 »

Here, you forgot some TNT, Mira...  cool

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 31 May 2008, 20:24:53 »

Thank you so much everyone!

hug hug hug

heart heart heart

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #73 on: 31 May 2008, 21:12:24 »

Uhm... thanks.. *quickly hides the explosives* I needed those for some erh.. ecological research.. yes, that's it.. ihavetogonowgoodbye! *runs away*

Avrah Kehabhra

Ruil Mallister

Gained Aura: 0

Ruin of House Mallister

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 01 June 2008, 01:53:37 »

*congratulates Azhira on both her completed and well-done Masterwork and upon Arti's words*

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]