Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Eyelian Culture Thread  (Read 6679 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 30 April 2008, 06:31:01 »

What you have here are not really subtribes, but extinct tribes, Nsiki, or very small tribes. If you want to implement them, you need to say why they have split from the main three tribes, what the reaction of the main tribes was etc. Or that they as small group came with the three, maybe  put in the main entry with a additional small-lettered insertion  at the right position. 

I personally  think, that it is a not very good idea to add another four tribes, extinct or small. I would prefer to have true subtribes. Maybe they worship the bear or the eagle or the wolf AND another animal. So they would belong to one of the main tribes, but be a special group. As above - how are they seen by the people who are having just one animal as spirit guide? Which problems arise? These subgroups you can place in different regions as well - within the MAIN territory of each clan.

If you want to have extinct tribes, you can use the Great  floods (History table!)

There is an unfinished submission here , don't know, if you have to consider it as well. (probably not, it is not on the site)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 July 2008, 03:54:11 »

I would like to bring the 3 great tribes, 4 small tribes idea back, for all who are interested, and also propose a discussion on where Eyelians did indeed come from. With developers on nearly every corner of the globe, surely someone would have found some ancient Eyelian ruins?

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 July 2008, 03:59:37 »

Hey Nsiki...my half-orcs also worship nature and animal spirits so that makes them similar to the Eyelians in that respect. Could an Eyelian ruin or artifacts be located in Caael'heroth by chance? Perhaps the Kaaer know of such thing and maybe interpret it as a temple of the Beastlord when in fact is an old Eyelian ruin. That would be super neat!  :D

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2008, 04:36:27 »

The Eyelians fled their homecounty (whereever it was), because they were persecuted because of their belief. So you need to invent a people who did it. The next question is, did they build such sturdy houses, that they are still visible? What about the different body size?

Just something to consider, no opinion.

What I wanted to show you, Azhira, are these maps maps. There you can figure out, if it could be possible.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2008, 08:59:02 »

Azhira... I like the idea! And perhaps they have found an old temple built by the now extinct Bull-Tribe?
Alright... first, in order to have the persecutors, I need a location. Somewhere warm, or sub-tropical. A climate equivalent to Terra's Mexico, maybe.
And indeed, some of the Eyelian dwelling are sturdy indeed, as the Wolf clan uses stone as a building material. And what of the body size, Tal? Sorry, not sure if i follow you.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 10 July 2008, 15:40:09 »

Might not be a problem, if the have chased away all small people..

But check the maps first, if it is possible at all! (What the timeline concerns)

That is a pretty long and dangerous seavoyage for people which might not have been seatravellers! Maybe you have to come up with a myth about it? ;)

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 July 2008, 00:44:36 »

Actually, Judy and I were just talking about that... kind've a diminutive Moses, if you prefer. I'll probably give him a dove spirit guide as an easter egg.

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 July 2008, 00:49:02 »

I know the current homeland theory is Nymblamer (sic), but what about Yamalquan? I'm not proposing development there, but I think it would be nice to have the Eyelian's free from cultural attachments elsewhere, as they are such a unique people.
This way, we could hint at the Yamalquan continent, without actually investing resources over there.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 11 July 2008, 00:57:27 »

Um..... 'dove' goes with 'Noah'.  Just make sure you have your 'Heroes of the Bible" straight before you start, or this could get a little strange... lol

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 July 2008, 02:47:58 »

Sorry bard... I knew that....
God.....
That's me running on two hours of sleep...
Well.
I need a sea to part.

But back to the discussion, what do y'all think of a Yamalquan homeland?

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 11 July 2008, 03:58:54 »

I thought you were thinking of an origin in Northern Sarvonia? Did I miss some posts?

Do you want to mention their origin? Frankly, I would do nothing which determines anything about Yamalquai now. Perhaps future developers would like to have there no humans  living at all? And,  if you look at the map, it is a very, very long voyage for a premedieval people which was not probably not even a seafaring nation, but a few people who FLED. Why do you want to change their mysterious past now and give them a home if not for the purpose of creating something else for a known place?

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 July 2008, 04:58:26 »

That was one proposition, by Az, but I'm not sure if it entirely fits, in retrospect. However, I have no problem with the Eyelians once having a presence there- maybe like the Viking remenats in Eastern Canada?

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 July 2008, 05:03:48 »

It's no big deal...but if the ancient Eyelians were ever near Northern Sarvonia and they left some artifacts or temples, then I thought it would be neat if the Kaaer found them and used them. If it doesn't work, then that's fine.  :)

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 July 2008, 05:05:26 »

No, I def. like the idea of the Eyelians having a settlement at one point- I just don't think that should be their homeland. But, ya, I could toss some ruins up there for you ;)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 22 July 2008, 04:46:25 »

As I was asked about my input here: I would rule out Yamalquain, this is somewhere else, we have defined that aside from the name not much should be known about it for now, so we should leave it at that.

Maybe some Eyelians could have reached Southern Sarvonia when coming from Nybelmar, others ended up in Northern Sarvonia after having lost contact with the rest of the ships?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]