Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Rat Brownie Entry Update  (Read 12121 times)
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 05 June 2008, 21:49:11 »

Ok, edits complete!

~ Cannibalism passage added
~ There should now be a link to the Brownie Beliefs page in the first paragraph...I hope.
~ The sonic navigation is now much more vague and unknown.
~ Talia's comments added too

Oh, and the Discovery of Rat Brownies is already in Strata's history, I got it from there.

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 June 2008, 23:56:47 »

Glad you re-worked that "sonic" thing, Rookie, it really stood out as "not-quite-right", although I'm glad it was you who had to do it 'cos I couldn't work out how to put it right.

And FYI, Mrs W is away camping this weekend, so I've got the pc all to myself. Expect to see all three of the Herbarium entries up on-site. Not complete, you understand, but in dev. Hopefully I should get at least one of them finished before Monday.

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 June 2008, 00:03:34 »

Well, yeah, I'm glad I had to not be so lazy really  buck I want to get this one completed now so that I can concentrate on the mighty masterwork...I like the Llaoihrr better *shrug*. 

Oh!  I still haven't given you that measurement you wanted yet have I!  Um....errrr *really doesn't have a clue...*

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 June 2008, 20:49:58 »

I think this looks great! Very detailed, in-depth study of the rat brownies. It adds alot more to them now.

I found a mention somewhere...that some rat brownies live in the Wastes of Despair up in Northern Sarvonia. I can't find it now, but if there are no brownies at all up North, we may want to consider revising that bit. If I remember where I saw that, I'll post here.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 June 2008, 21:23:46 »

Found it Azhira - http://www.santharia.com/places/northern_sarvonia.htm In the very last paragraph.  I'll have a look later and see if I can't find a reason to make that an exception to the living in cold places rule.  If not, I'll ask for it to be changed ;).

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Minóki Kíuru

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 June 2008, 23:46:53 »

*waves*

Hello Rookie!

I would say, there are no Brownies up there, so you can finish your work. The Brownies could be just skipped from the North Sarvonia entry. Then when Talia has persuaded me to pay the Wastes a visit and if some should be found there (which I believe is a possibility), you can always do an addition to your entry, and if this would be in the form of an addition: "Only recently the first colonies of Rat Brownies were discovered in Northern Sarvonia...."

That makes things much easier and it doesn't have to be decided now! Changes are always possible.
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 June 2008, 23:53:41 »

*waves back*

Hello!

Lol, you have come to the same conclusion as everyone else (see this thread here).  I'm going to add them in as a myth/rumour, and then the final decision can be made later on.  Hope that slight variation is ok too? :).

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 June 2008, 03:14:34 »

Oooh, are you Talia too?

Ok, I've added in something suggesting that there might be Rat Brownies there, and also a little more on the other "mythical" groups :).

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09 June 2008, 04:09:12 »

"Another unlikely tale speaks of Rat Brownies inhabiting the Wastes of Despair in far Northern Sarvonia.  These rumours originate mostly from passing caravans who have had their food or supplies stolen during the night. Attacks by snowy-coloured creatures have also been told. However, although these stories may seem very specific, from what is known of Brownies, it seems highly unlikely that any Brownie tribe could live so far north as the snow and cold are something the Brownies would normally avoid. Yet, the stories persist, despite the lack of evidence."

I tweaked this little bit, Rooks. What do you think?

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Minóki Kíuru

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 June 2008, 04:32:23 »

Minóki is the Northern Sarvonian expert ;)

Frankly, I would prefer not to have them mentioned at all, not explicitly in the Wastes, nor having nailed down the snow-coloured creatures either. If you formulate it like this, then there is not really a choice NOT to include them. Nor do I want to have mentioned passing caravans in the Wastes. (I do not plan to have caravans there which can actually journey through them on a regular basis) If you want to have the rumours, then let some stories circulate in Barsalon, which lies near the wastes (it will , talked to Art about that already) where sewers might not be used due to the permafrost, but people from Santharia could talk about Rat Brownies if something vanishes. There will be enough places to hide for them. You could have even rumours in Barsalon that this twisted folk has to live in the Wastes, that's not as concrete as to have actual "reports" from the Wasteland. But imho it is just not necessary to speak of rumours at all. Why do you want them have there?

If I find the time to write about the Wastes and Barsalon, then I'll ask Rookie what she thinks of my ideas ;)
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09 June 2008, 04:48:01 »

Well, mainly because it is mentioned I guess, and I thought it would leave things more open.

*lost and confused*

Edit:  Is less lost and confused but will leave editing until tomorrow to allow the confusion to disperse :P
« Last Edit: 09 June 2008, 05:15:30 by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09 June 2008, 20:15:07 »

Rat Brownies of the Wastes of Despair now removed!
« Last Edit: 09 June 2008, 20:21:16 by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 June 2008, 01:52:53 »

*shameless bump*

Anyone have any other comments to add?  If not, could it possibly be labeled as officially finished? *bats eyelids*

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 June 2008, 02:20:43 »

I know it's not really my opinion that counts, but as far as I can tell, this is a done deal.

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #44 on: 13 June 2008, 03:12:27 »

Sorry that I'm sor preoccpied these days, but hopefully I'll have some more time to look into a few things this weekend! - I see great work here at any rate, Rookie! With all your great entries it's really only a matter of time when we'll get to attend another inauguration party :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]