Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Well met!  (Read 3900 times)
Markov Danton

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 03 June 2008, 00:48:12 »

Greetings,

My name is Markov Danton, leader of great armies, and all that jazz. I stumbled across this wonderful community some time ago, and have spent a lot of my time pouring through the unique developments that you have all created. I believe the time is nigh for me to partake in the glorious growth of this fantastic world. I am a long time 'roleplayer' of the White-Wolf franchise (and custom made games), and I help develop and story tell one of the East Coast's (US) largest LARPing groups. My preferred area of development would be in cultures and subcultures of places and people. I also enjoy creating legends, stories, and tales of old that are told by these cultures.

Generally, I would just love to hop on board and help develop. Hopefully my ideas will peak your interest.
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2008, 01:01:20 »

Welcome, welcome Markov! Take a seat, act like you're at home and take a Doch Nut, maybe have soem Arti Wine if you're interested? It's very good that you read a lot... that's one of the main ingredients in Santh, reading ;)

If you have a certain entry that you'd like to write, just let us know (like, here in this thread for example), and the powers that be (or well, you know, the other developpers) will let you know if this idea is feasible ;)

Oh, one word of warning... *looks around if she sees Mira, then bends towards Markov and whispers: "Don't go into the Greenhouses too eagerly. If you do go in there... be prepared. VERY prepared..."*

But yeah. Welcome *grins*

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2008, 01:10:00 »

Welcome! We're always happy to see a new face around here. You sound enthusiastic and ready to begin. Well, simply poke your head into one of the areas and see what needs done and ask to see if it is available for you. I'd start small - perhaps a beast or plant or two - before moving to the big stuff. We also recommend you think about a specialty, at least for later, that you can concentrate in.

We could also use comments on anything in here - grammar, spelling, ideas, ideas...etc. It's always a good idea to have a fresh perspective on things from a newbie (just ask Tharoc. He's come in and turned this place upside down with all his ideas...he even took over the orc race within the first few weeks he was here! lol

We hope you enjoy your stay!

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Markov Danton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2008, 03:43:46 »

Thank you for the warm welcome,

What area of the world would you say is most like the Caribbean jungles? I’m thinking very ‘voodoo’ right now and wanted to try my hand at some flora and fauna creations to help develop a tropical jungle region.

I’d like to carry on the idea further if at all possible. I was reading around and the The KaÝrrhem Elves, or at least there section of the world, seemed to me to be the best to incorporate my ideas of voodoo mysticism with. Any tips of where I should start with this idea?
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2008, 04:02:43 »

Hello there, Markov! wave

I'm still in the process of site updating, but here's a little pointer to a Sarvonian region with jungle: The Scattersand Shoals. These are isles between two continents and a cool pirate hideout, so there might be also some sort of voodoo/superstition involved around these isles, in case you want to expand on that...  grin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2008, 04:42:34 »

Whaddya mean, turned everything upside down! It's a good job I did, or we'd never have found Mira's key for his "secret" cupboard, tucked behind that bookcase like it was.

Ahem, greetings, indeed, Markov, and welcome to our dream. I'm sure you will find yourself quite at home in our fair lands. Well, fairish, in some cases, eh Mira!

I urge you to try the Doch nuts,*whispers* for your own safety, more than anything. Irid's been baking, and she gets a bit upset if nobody eats any. Just nibble the edga and say how lovely it is.

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2008, 05:25:28 »

Welcome!  And don't think now we are crazy - we are, I mean, ah well...

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2008, 06:30:08 »

Mmmm.. doch nuts! I suppose... if there's food.. and Artwine... I may as well stay and introduce myself.
My name is Nsikigan Yourth, of the Eyelian men. If there's anything I can do for you, Markov, just say the word, this humble Tamer is at your service.
Heh... humble!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Eléyr Fásamár
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 4

Serenity's Embodiement

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2008, 08:22:15 »

We always are open to new members! Welcom to the team, Markov. I've seen you've posted an entry, so hopefully someone will comment for you soon!

I'm Eléyr, the local Mindsmoother. I descend from the Kaýrrhem Elves (the absolute best  tribe ;)), but the Murmillions are my realm of expertise. Anyways, welcome once again!

~Maladies of the Mind are best soothed by those who suffer similar Afflictions~
Drúadan
Aspiring Member

Yeah...No

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 June 2008, 08:26:23 »

Hello Markov! Very nice to meet you and glad to have you here. :) You'll notice i'm kind've just all over the place, but I'm trying to tie myself down as the resident  expert on the Tethinrhim elves and the Adanian sea in terms of entries.

And you? Well I noticed your request for voodoo/carribean, and might I point a finger towards Nybelmar? Lots of jungles, (Shar) a a floating forest (Drifting Woods) and lots of other fun thigns to develop. ;) Good luck!

Dru

« Last Edit: 03 June 2008, 08:29:24 by Drúadan » Logged

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

-Bob Dylan "Mr. Tambourine Man"
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 June 2008, 08:41:16 »

Elyer: Sorry, spotted a typo in your post. You ment the second best tribe in all santharia.  ;)

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Eléyr Fásamár
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 4

Serenity's Embodiement

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2008, 08:54:31 »

Oh, sorry Nsiki, at first I thought you were being serious. But of course, you were just joking, right. trust_me

Of course the Murmillions would be the second best tribe, at least they have some  elven blood. The fact that you humans don't know your place in society only underlines your foolishness in comparison to your superiors. devilish

Anyways, I'm sure you'll be picking an elven tribe as your favorite Markov, because... you wouldn't want to be on the light (human) side. Bad Idea

Why? Well, the Dark Side has cookies, duh! lol

~Maladies of the Mind are best soothed by those who suffer similar Afflictions~
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 June 2008, 09:26:55 »

Of course, I was joking about the typo.
You elves are probably arrogant enough to believe you're superior....
And I can talk to animals, so hah. Eyelians beat cookies.
Murmillions are blood traitors, they take a distant 202nd.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2008, 10:06:25 »

Bah! Who needs silly elves and dancing Eyelians? Get a REAL tribe! Half-orcs! *GRRRAWW!!!*

evil

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2008, 10:16:49 »

Bah! Eyelians don't dance!
But perhaps we should stop, lest Markov should choose a dwarf...
Wouldn't the Bard love that?
;)

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]