Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Political Nybelmar ~ Map and Entry Update!  (Read 8493 times)
Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2008, 03:26:33 »

Miraran, open your ears, listen, and make an effort to understand.

(1) I do not object to the content. I do not object to Decipher or you or anybody else taking the initiative. I do not mind your coming up with new ideas in my absence. I did, for instance, like your ideas for Tarshiinites. I did,  also, make my support public, again and again.

But I do mind when new developments are posted around the fora in a matter of fact manner, of which I have not been informed. You could have - no, you should have the courtesy to IM me beforehand or bell-ring me after you have posted/proposed something new for a hitherto undeveloped region.

This, my dear Coren, is exactly why it is so frustrating for us to try and scetch out Nybelmar.

When I have taken the trouble to make a map and mark political boundaries for new kingdoms, it is usually because I also have a concept to go with those realms - even if it is only a very rough outline at times. And do not say it is frustrating to consult me each time. I may not always have time to contribute an idea, but when you IM me to ask something and I have no previous plans for an area beyond a general feel to the region, I say so and let you start right away. Eg: the Fareasterners. So it is not at all arduous or time-consuming to check.

So do IM me. Not because I used to be the head developer for Western Nybelmar but because I am a colleague. I do not put things into the Drifting Woods without notifying you. Do have the courtesy to return the gesture.

This is an Issue for me. As I have repeatedly brought to everyone's attention. You may think I am making a hill out of a mousehole. You may think it weird or melodramatic to be so bothered with this issue. I do not care. Every developer has KEY sensitivities that one must respect as a colleague. I do not mind when someone comments harshly or critically on my work; I may sulk for a while, but I always do come around to see reason. I do not mind when someone opposes my ideas for a region. But I do find this behaviour extremely disrespectful, as I have mentioned on various occasions.

Note that I do not ask you to sit around waiting for my approval and do nothing in the meantime. Do take the initiative. Invent, propose even post new developments. But keep me informed so that I can contribute my own two sans before anything crystallizes. Do not go ahead as if everything has already been discussed and settled. That is disrespectful.

Regardless of what anybody else thinks, know, all who read this, that this is my last attempt to be civil. Next time we will have crossed a threshold beyond which there is no return.

(2) I do not have any objections to the actual ideas. Yes, the Efferdita and these new wood-creatures can co-exist. That it is a useful trade route (geographically obvious) is no problem. The Efferdita have no qualms about commerce.

(3) I do not want to clutter Eleyr's thread further. If you have more to discuss re (1), make a new thread in Santharian Discussions and the problem can be moved there.

« Last Edit: 12 September 2008, 03:30:37 by Coren FrozenZephyr » Logged

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Decipher Ziron

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2008, 03:46:26 »

I for one am tired of all this 'You should ask me, I had ideas', 'You weren't around, not our fault', 'I'm offended', 'I'm frustrated' etc. etc. so on and so forth. You both brought up very valid points concerning how we develop on this continent. In my opinion, this needs to be fixed.

I think each of us is guilty to some extent of concealing one's own ideas from everyone else. I think the only effective way for us to fix issues like these would be to openly declare what we want to do and where.

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2008, 08:19:26 »

What he said. :D

Now let's drink some local beverages and shake hands ;)
Miraran Tehuriden

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2008, 18:16:58 »

Ah! And you! *Finds Smith to be a very convenient new focal poiunt for his frustration* No, sit down mister, you're not going anywhere! *chains Smith to the table by the ankles*

Finaly, an East Expert again ;)

How could this be doen most efficiently Decipher? Some kind of 'Shout Box'-like topic not used to discuss but to announce new concepts only? That would avoid drowning our handy-dandy overview of ideas with discussions etc, while also giving an easy way for everyone to see what we've been doing. We can just all subscribe to notifications for the thread, and nobody will have an excuse for not knowing about things anymore.

By the way, Coren, Smith, you both had ideas for the Inami, can they afford to lose the section of land i suggested to the Trumarim?

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 September 2008, 18:41:14 »

(1) Trumarim = "oil baron dwarves"?

(2) If so, why not? Can you mark up the borders though? I want the Inami to still have some access to the western bay. So maybe only part of the Kaerath desert could be transferred to the dwarves?

Decipher Ziron

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2008, 19:36:19 »

Some kind of 'Shout Box'-like topic not used to discuss but to announce new concepts only? That would avoid drowning our handy-dandy overview of ideas with discussions etc, while also giving an easy way for everyone to see what we've been doing. We can just all subscribe to notifications for the thread, and nobody will have an excuse for not knowing about things anymore.

That was pretty much what I had in mind yeah

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Miraran Tehuriden

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 13 September 2008, 19:39:49 »

Turmarim=Oild Dwarves, yeah.. it translates to something like "Wardens of Trum-Baroll's Blood"

And i'll see if paint agrees with me today :) there is lots of space in the region, so i'll keep a wide corridor open for the Inami.. I do expect the Dwarves to irrigate the damn desert and turn it into a vedgetable patch though ;)

Edit-> Ah, there we go! I realy need to get myself s copy of photoshowp so i can do better maps, but i suppose this will do.. i too about half the Western Bay shore, because i liked having a few mountains in their realm for historical purposes, and then gave then Tarshiïn, Inner Sea, and Orcal acces. (The Orcs of Orcal will be a huge fan of their main export product! It goes boom!)
« Last Edit: 13 September 2008, 19:47:45 by Miraran Tehuriden » Logged

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 September 2008, 19:48:45 »

The boundaries are fine. No problem!

Smith in Exile

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 September 2008, 00:58:54 »

Well, if you remember there was that Bell-ringing thread I made on the Nybelmar forum to be used just for this purpose. Then Arti liked the idea and transformed it into the general bell-ring that we all know today.

So we could either create a sticky in the Nybelmar forum again for this purpose, or create a Nybelmarian Bell-ring in the bell-ringing thread (I think I actually did that, but I'm not sure anymore). As I'm always checking the Nybelmarian forum for new posts (when I'm on the forums that is) I would support the sticky (also the nature of the thread would actually be to brainstorm/collect ideas). But I'm fine with the other option too, should we pick that one.
Miraran Tehuriden

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 14 September 2008, 01:13:45 »

I think a sticky would be best. I'll set one up right now. I'll also try to get rid of some of the other stickies, i'll try and make a Master Resource sticky with links to all important topics we have stickied ATM, much like the Nybelmar Realms topic i made.

Coren: Good idea!
« Last Edit: 14 September 2008, 01:45:37 by Coren FrozenZephyr » Logged

Avrah Kehabhra

Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 September 2008, 03:20:21 »

Eleyr, please also update both the map here and the one in the WIP in the places forum. Thanks!

Btw: Loreney is too large - certainly not a "moderately sized kingdom". We need to come up with a few other things in that region. :D
« Last Edit: 14 September 2008, 03:23:31 by Coren FrozenZephyr » Logged

Miraran Tehuriden

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 14 September 2008, 03:35:13 »

Wait 'till Decipher hears that ;)

Avrah Kehabhra

Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 September 2008, 03:38:24 »

I shall immediately remove the two posts!

Btw, do leave that area (which was previously unmarked) around my "?" empty. I have Plans. Just retract Loreney a bit. A "simple farming community", who "does not really excel in anything" does not deserve that much land.  ::voracious gleam in his eyes:: Maybe I shall create another Krean empire :P

Miraran Tehuriden

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 14 September 2008, 03:40:36 »

And maybe i will get Decipher to send a Gaishen patrol up along the borders just to make sure you don't :P

Update first, create later! :P

Avrah Kehabhra

Coren FrozenZephyr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 September 2008, 03:42:26 »

Update what?

:: bats eyes in an innocent manner ::

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]