Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: I've a tale to tell....  (Read 3990 times)
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« on: 22 August 2008, 09:03:30 »

The story of Nsikigan Yourth and the thousandth post!
I just wanted to spend my first kilopost telling a few Santh members thanks -
Lets start with Art.

Art, I love the Dream. You deserve a very special thank you, for all the work you've done here. You created a world, went through 5 plus web server changes, have adopted countless talents into your fold, and served as an inspiration for many. But perhaps most importantly, you've served as a guiding light for not only me, but many other Santh members as well. Everything you've done here is much appreciated, and the care and detail you show here is truely an inspiration.

Talia- Talia, Talia. What can I say? We've had our squabbles ever since I thought the Eyelians lived in the deserts, through to Silkstone, even Bladeleaf. But always, through all my childish bickering, your voice of reason has prevailed. I was set to be your apprentice at one point, and even though that was never made official, you've been a tremendous help to me.

Judy- Judith, I've got to say you are definitly a huge help to me. I remember one sentance you posted while editing Eyelian music - something along the lines of "I know you'll handle this competantly. I've got to say, that's one of the biggest compliments a Santharian's ever paid me, ecspecially coming from you. Thanks, and I hope we get to work on the Boltgrumms soon, as I take the Rimmerin's Ring into reality. Also, devving for your picture was huge fun, I'd love to work with your art again.

Mira- You deserve a special say here for Silkstone. Jith, that was fun! It's a shame I don't go west more often, but i'd love to work there someday.

Garret- Your help on the Rimmerin's Bear was indispensible. Thank you so much, It wouldn't be half the entry without you. Also, I always enjoy our conversations. This brings me to...

Ganion- Always fun on AIM, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Tharoc- God, your fun. Remember that newbie thread? We need to rp more often :) Good luck, my greenish thug, and I hope you get your masterwork soon. In my eyes, your more then competant.

Rookie and Az- both of you together have given me a gift unequeled - a slap in the face when I needed it. You really helped show my what I was lacking, and I hope I'm surpassing how I used to write. Also, you too are terrific editor, and excellant writers on top of that. I hope the Eyelians get a bit more interaction with your tibes in the future.

Really, I can't possibly list everyone who's helped me here, because you all have. Alysse, Deci, Drasil, Coren, the list goes on and on. But thank you all, I hope for a thousand more posts! Now, I need to finish my farms.

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2008, 19:24:06 »

Wish I'd done something more useful with my 1000th post- I think it was just one of these faces ' grin' if my memory serves me correctly....

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2008, 19:42:12 »

I'm just over halfway there ;)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Ganinon
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2008, 10:30:04 »

See here...I am...closing in on 1/4 the way... lol

It is fun on AIM isn't it! School started so been kinda busy, hopefully will be on more often for more than 5 minutes...
« Last Edit: 23 August 2008, 10:31:57 by Ganinon » Logged
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2008, 18:37:09 »

gee, i didnt even notice my 1k post.. or my 2k one for that matter.. Five Spirits, i have 2.7k posts already? *sighs* i have no life ;)

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2008, 14:21:54 »

Good grief, Mira, I've been here for four years and don't have that many --a little over 1300 is all.  Of course, I do have several substantial RL distractions and having babies and things like that in the meantime does keep you busy.

But I shall just say, that every once in a while,  there is a selfish little part of me that finds the idea of "not having a life" to be almost appealing...

Anyway, think of it this way:  It shows your dedication to our Dream, and we certainly do appreciate your participation (if not necessarily your greenhouses! :P)
(gives Mira a hug)

Alysse
« Last Edit: 24 August 2008, 14:29:01 by Alysse the Likely » Logged

Alysse the Likely
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2008, 18:01:48 »

Errr... Alysse... somebody's been seriously messing with your post count. I'll inform Arti we've had a security breech speechless

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 24 August 2008, 19:23:51 »

Gean pointed out something strange about Alysse's post count... See her post...

Here's why in case you wonder :)

And here's leet as explained in Wikipedia.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2008, 23:31:38 »

And just HOW freaky cool is that - that Alysse just HAPPENS to post her leet'th post ABOUT post counts TO the post count discussion thread    AND that the SMF people have their own little Easter Egg based on leetiness?    Brrrrr-a-wrrrrra!  (has geeks-bumps running along her arms)

(Definition of geek-bumps: when something is so uber-cool metaphorically that it gives you horripilation in reality...)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2008, 00:14:28 »

Gah, and I'm already past 1337/leet status. Glad it's just random geeky creativity breaking in into our daily forum life and not some scriptkiddy laughing at us. Indeed worth some geek-bumps.

On a side-note, a user at the SMF forum told he knew at least eight easter eggs in the forum scripture. We still have some surprises ahead of us :D Next time I won't cry wolf immediately.

Note to self: horripilation is an existing English word, not some geekish invention.

- Shendar Proverb
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 August 2008, 01:29:09 »

Thank you for your kind words, Nsiki. It gladdens me that you have derived some small measure of inspiration from my humble words.

As for a Masterwork, I venture to suggest that even if I have proved myself to be capable of creating such a piece, that should not be taken as indication of my readiness to perform the task.
I shall bide my time, and draw inspiration and motivation from those more adept than myself.

May good fortune follow your journey, my friend!

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 August 2008, 01:36:54 »

And yours as well, my deceptivly small-speaking ally!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 25 August 2008, 04:01:11 »

*hands Gean a Fork*

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 August 2008, 04:19:36 »

*receives fork, looking back at Mira muddle-headed*

There once was this messageboard thread
Where I felt like a muddle-head
A fork? What to do
with this? I've no clue
Maybe Mira will tell me instead.

*Ties a napkin to his neck and waits for the next Easter Egg to surface which he might eat with this particular fork*

- Shendar Proverb
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 25 August 2008, 07:24:18 »

"You bring the Fork! Happy day! The blind shall see! The lame shall walk! The short shall tall! Forks for all!"

I am, of course, quoting Big Head's exuberant rhyming after you return to him the mighty Fork of Horripilation in Oblivion. One of my favourite moments in the game, actually :)

Avrah Kehabhra

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]