Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Orcen duelling. A field report by Ishmael Valaire, researcher to Azhira El'rosse  (Read 6279 times)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2008, 08:52:46 »

I agree with you, Tharoc. It sounds orcen to me. I don't have any kind of defined Kaaer language yet, so anything is open. Whatever you come up with first, I can use later. So no worries.  thumbup

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 September 2008, 04:58:20 »

Ok, Azhira. I've amended each mention of the Kaaer to include the accents, made Ba'kal into an orcen expert instead of just an Osther expert, and made Varek aware of him beforehand.

Ready for update?

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 September 2008, 11:41:20 »

The Northern Moderator Mistresses seem to think this is all well and good, Tharoc. We'll have to let Arti be the final judge.  thumbup

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 September 2008, 04:02:36 »

Why, thankee Mistresses both.

ARRRTTTTIIIIII!

Use the force, Luke.

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 September 2008, 04:03:39 »

One question Thar- what's wit the numbers and letters for the Researcher's name?

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 September 2008, 04:09:49 »

What numbers and letters?

Ohhh. Those numbers and letters.

They are supposed to be for Azhira, so she knows where the report has come from, who filed it, and so she knows where to put it in her filing cabinet.

Basically, it was a flimsy attempt at trying to make it look more like an actual field report which had just landed on her desk.

Use the force, Luke.

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 September 2008, 04:13:15 »

No, no, it does the job of establishing the "field report" scheme well- I'm just not sure if the VAL324 or whatever would be could for the reasearcher part.... I would imagine the name would do just fine.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 September 2008, 04:15:09 »

Yes, I thought that briefly, too. I guess I just kinda 'forgot' to change it grin

Mind you, there could be an awful lot of researchers called Valaire out there, you know!

Use the force, Luke.

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 September 2008, 04:18:06 »

grin
On a lighter note, however, I'm going to start writing some of these... this entrys truly an inspiration, now I've got the idea for Nsikigan's Field Journal tucked in my head....

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 September 2008, 04:20:14 »

Ah, see! I have my uses.

Use the force, Luke.

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 September 2008, 03:08:14 »

Bumping for a blarrow?

Use the force, Luke.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 11 September 2008, 03:07:21 »

Just read most of it, but sitll need to get to the last paragraphs, Tharoc, but it's very delighting the way you wrote it :) Cool idea, and entertaining as well. I love it!  thumbup I guess once I've read the final paragraphs it can be blarrowed for sure. - Need to watch the Austrian football match right now, so that's why I have to be brief...

Here's a small thing to correct:

He did not know the precise location of the duel, but suggested that we cross the river and look towards the Heaths, as this was the most likely place.

Reading the text however makes it clear that this is more something we should put in our Library section rather than the Compendium. How about a new section there called "Reports" or something - what do you think? Then we could open a book there which deals primarily with field reports dealing with orcs. And this would be the first thing we'd put there. The story could be linked in an entry as well.

If we make such a book, we'd need a title for it and a sort of introduction paragraph. Maybe you feel creative to add something in this regard? ;)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 September 2008, 03:41:23 »

I think a new section in the Library is a good idea, Art, especially as I've had a few people saying how they like the entry and they're going to do something similar. Nsiki is even talking of creating a journal, a kind of on-going report thing. I'm also making a new "Field report", which follows on from this one. It contains the information Ishmael got from Ba'kal during their chat after they had returned to the village. Basically, it's going to contain all the Orc-related stuff I've come up with which isn't big enough to make a full entry out of.

So I say "Go for it, my man".

I'd be honoured to write the intro for the new book, and suggest a name or two. Let me get this weekend out of the way first, and then I'll get to it.

I'm off to correct that little piece you suggested now, so enjoy the match!

Use the force, Luke.

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 September 2008, 04:09:29 »

OK, Arti, I've removed the offending 'the'.

Use the force, Luke.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 12 September 2008, 05:32:02 »

lol

Anyway, I've read the rest now, and as I said already above this is fresh and entertaining stuff, a nice approach that definitely justifies opening up a new Library section. I'm sure that we'll get some more content into it as well in the course of time! :)

P.S. I should have finished reading this report instead of watching the Austrians lose against Latvia... ;) First a glorious victory against France, then such a lousy match! Tstststs...  buck

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]