Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Bored College Student: Gwai'ayia's Dev. Schedule  (Read 7448 times)
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02 December 2008, 03:03:25 »

We shall await your return with hopeful hearts, Gwai'ayia.

And may your Gods grace speed your recovery.

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 02 December 2008, 03:07:45 »

Didn't know that vertigo can be a longer condition than brief feelings of dizzyness, but if Gwai'ayia suffers under it at the moment, I wish her all the best! Let's hope it is only temporary and the condition improves as soon as possible and that everything is under control. Take the time you need, Gwai'ayia, and rest so that you'll recover asap! Hope its nothing more serious!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Gwai'ayia Quillouf
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 December 2008, 02:48:17 »

Yes vertigo can indeed last longer.  Gwai'ayia or Gwen as I know her has suffered for three weeks, amost a month so far.  It is unusual for it to last so long, especially in one so young, but the doctors are being progressive about her treatments and hopefully maybe they'll actually be able to figure out whats causing it.

Gwai'ayia or Gwen normally suffers from momentary dizziness where all she can do is lie down and sleep it off...sort of like a migrane that way.  But occasionally she has longer spells, last time it got really bad it lasted 3 months!  Hopefully it won't last that long this time.  Gwai'ayia said she may be able to get me her disk on which she had saved stuff before this happened, but as she lives a town away and cannot drive at the moment, it might take awhile before that happens.

Meanwhile, we're commucating by phone, and she's asked me to do all that I can...being a non-memember to help.

Let me know....
« Last Edit: 10 February 2009, 03:16:41 by Gwai'ayia Quillouf » Logged

"The sky is purple to Wise Eyes."Quote from Gwai'ayia Scrollreader Quillouf.

Dreamwell,

Gwai'ayia
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 03 December 2008, 04:07:52 »

Many thanks for keeping us informed! I can imagine that the condition isn't funny at all and that it's also not easy to locate the cause... But I hope the docs are on to something now and that it gets better if they know where the main trouble lies. All the best wishes on a speedy recovery to Gwai'ayia/Gwen from the Santharian Dreamers!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Gwai'ayia Quillouf
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 February 2009, 03:19:55 »

Me posting for myself:

It's taken me two months! But I'm back!  I'm feeling better although I'm still having issues.  Final dignoses has been migraines, and I'm hoping with proper management I will be able to control my dizziness, vertigo, blurred vision, and general misery.

I'm going back to work on my previous projects ASAP, if they are still desired to be a part of Santharia.

I won't have as much time to dedicate to Santharia due to my continuing health issues, but hopefully while I had to resign from Role-playing I can still contribute to the DP forums.

Sincerly,

Gwai'ayia

Dreamwell,

Gwai'ayia
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 10 February 2009, 03:39:26 »

Woo-hooo! Great to see you back, Gwai'ayia! :D Hope you can handle your migraine now that it was diagnosed, and I hope we don't contribute to your headache with too many difficult comments to integrate ;) - Welcome back!  thumbup

Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 February 2009, 04:04:03 »

Oh, migraines can be vicious. I suffer from them myself, though not usually with the dizziness you describe.  Fortunately for me they don't last more than a couple of days.  Take care or yourself, my dear, and I'm glad you're back. hug  Trust me (drops voice and looks around surreptitiously) it's more fun on this side anyway!

Alysse

Alysse the Likely
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 February 2009, 05:14:53 »

*Hugs Gwai'ayia........but ever so gently*

Whaddya mean, "if they are still desired to be a part of Santharia."? We've been sat here waiting for you to return! (Don't worry, you didn't miss much. We've just been killing time 'til  you got back)

Now, not to put too fine a point on it, GET BACK TO WORK!!! Whip

Use the force, Luke.

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 February 2009, 05:57:51 »

Always happy to welcome back an Eyelian!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Mannix
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 February 2009, 17:33:44 »

Welcome back Gwai'ayia! While you were gone, you missed out on some congratulations. You entry on the 'element of wind' was nominated for the development awards, in the miscellaneous category. So yeah, congrats. grin

Mannix

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Development Schedule ~ The Hobbit Deity Liran ~ Hobbit Beliefs Discussion
Gwai'ayia Quillouf
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 February 2009, 03:11:46 »

Well, thank you whoever nominated that entry, I was particularly proud of it, but I'm sure it is ever so undeserving.  *blushes deeply* 

Now one question, what's an Aura?

That's definatly new since I was last active.

Dreamwell,

Gwai'ayia
Eléyr Fásamár
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 4

Serenity's Embodiement

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 February 2009, 03:13:43 »

If you've made more than 100 posts you can raise/lower other people's auras. Basically if they do something that you like or are nice to you you can up their aura, but if they are being uncooperative, etc. you can lower it. ;) I guess it's kind've a measure of your populatiry to some degree.

~Maladies of the Mind are best soothed by those who suffer similar Afflictions~
Miés´efér Lytherá
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 February 2009, 03:19:26 »

Hello Gwai......Gwen. I was just coming in as you needed your little respite, so we never got to know eachother, but I am glad to see you, and I do hope your migraines can be kept under control. I too only work on this development side, as I have much more fun creating and imagining in this way.

Keep Dreaming,
Mifer

"You know who the critics are? The men who have failed in literature and art." (Benjamin Disraeli)
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 February 2009, 04:18:53 »

@ Eléyr. The Aura system isn't meant to reflect someones popularity. We were looking for a method of encouraging everyone to be more involved in commenting, helping out others etc, and this seemed to be the best way. It's basically a reward system. :)

Use the force, Luke.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]