Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: c'n i play, please?  (Read 3663 times)
seth ghibta
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 138

View Profile
« on: 14 September 2008, 17:09:22 »

heya, my name's seth and iv'e been wandering aimlessly round this beautiful site for a while now - at first i was only interested in the rpg side of things but, as an aspiring writer and a compulsive monster drawer, id really love to have a go at contributing.
i want to studdy zoology in uni, so ive a fairly sound knowledge of how real animals wok, as well as an uncontrollable imagination. im also really interested in mythology and read a LOT of sci fi and fantasy.
ive admired the diversity and thoroughnes of the universe created here, and would be very happy if you'd let me be a part of it. grin

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.

Santharia needs your molluscs! donate molluscs now!
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2008, 18:46:15 »

Well, welcome Seth! I must admit i was preparing myself to direct yet enother clueless newbie to the RPG side of things, but this is a pleasant surprise. :)

But, i am forgetting my manners! Why don't you have something to drink? My name is (as you might have noticed) Miraran, but people call me Mira unless they realy need a favour ;). I am, together with Bard Judith who will be around shortly, i suppose, in charge of the Herbarium section, as well as responsible for much of the management of Northwestern Nybelmar, along with my good friend Decipher Ziron, who heads the Southwest. I also dabble quite a lot in animals, so if you need anything or have any questions regarding those area's feelfree to ask!

(Oh, and don't go into the Greenhouses on your own.. i keep my more... exotic plants in there, and some of those just keep hungry, no matter how much i feed them..)

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2008, 20:01:18 »

Greetings and salutations, Seth.

I see Mira has provided you with some liquid refreshment, so I suppose I shall take responsibility for the Kau-kau cookies, Dochnuts and Chocolate Prezzers. They're delicious, actually. Even though they don't use Kragghi root in them. Ah, well....

Anyway, I'm Tharoc, and this little bundle of fun here is Valkree, my Warg. Don't worry, she won't bite......well, not usually, anyway.

So, welcome to our little gathering. Where do you think you'd like to start?

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2008, 21:51:39 »

Now, how am I supposed to be hospitable if you two have already been plying our newcomer with drinks AND snacks?    Honestly!

Oh, excuse me - greetings, Sir Seth!  (dips a curtsy, sweeping her full skirts gracefully across the floor, and straightens with a bit of puffing)

Stay away from anything with Kragghi in it.  And the Greenhouses!  Or did they see fit to tell you that already?  Oh, good.  (rolls her emeraud-green eyes)

Now, you said you love animals, I think?  The Bestiary is pretty crowded these days, but if you see a spot that we've missed, you can feel free to make a suggestion.   A few more USEFUL creatures wouldn't come amiss, you know.  We seem to be amply supplied with stingy, bitey, poisonous beasties, but a scantage of things like goats or swine. 

(flashes a challenging look at him from those green eyes again)  What was it you said, 'real' animals?    Seems people have a harder time being 'creative' with our humble farmyard friends....   :)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2008, 22:19:50 »

I shall take that as a challenge, MasterBard!

*Rolls up sleeves and consults the "Domestyck Lyvestock Almanac", for suitable candidates*

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 14 September 2008, 22:20:53 »

Hey, Tharoc, i think for Orcs, Humans also qualify ;)

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 14 September 2008, 22:36:13 »

(winces) Botheration.  Have I 'let an Orc in with the Taenish again', as they say in the Dogodan Shire?  This could get messy....

Or... (she says brightly) we might wind up with a spectacular Taenish-n-Pastry pie!   I shall just go throw a few more logs on the fire and see what happens...

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 14 September 2008, 22:50:31 »

Well, according to popular lore, human does taste lik chi, erh, taenish, so...

Avrah Kehabhra

seth ghibta
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2008, 23:18:52 »

you read my mind!
i was just thinking, you have more species of dragon than you have pigs! and, though i must admit i havent researched into it properly yet, you seem remarkably short on goats and sheep for a land with such an ample supply of sweeping grassland and rocky mountain ranges. what will all the monsters eat?
other than humans etc, of course ;)

Eléyr Fásamár
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 4

Serenity's Embodiement

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 September 2008, 23:38:44 »

Welcome to the dev. side, Seth! :D

~Maladies of the Mind are best soothed by those who suffer similar Afflictions~
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 September 2008, 23:41:19 »

Yep, welcome to the place where all the decisions get made! You might not know my name here, but on the RPG board I'm Simonne Miller ;)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2008, 23:44:13 »

An avid zoologist eh?

Well then I suppose our paths will cross at somepoint then Seth, since I'm Decipher Ziron (or Deci buck) the moderator of the Bestiary. Though most of my personal works are engineered towards fleshing out Western Nybelmar with Miraran, I do have some experience with the beasts with created (well you'd need to if you wanted to be a moderator). I think your points on 'Too Many Dragons, not enough goats' are almost too true.

Welcome,

Decipher 'Awaiting some captivating pigs' Ziron

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
seth ghibta
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 September 2008, 23:55:58 »

thank you, and all of you for a very warm welcome :)
(snatches hand, still holding prezzer, away from an inquisitive warg)

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2008, 00:38:41 »

My new motto!  "TMD, NEG"   :)     

I just happen to think it's more of a challenge to write a fantasy ant (see the Myrmex entry , if you please.... http://www.santharia.com/bestiary/myrmex.htm ...) than to draft a drake...  to make a mutant mollusc (that would be the Tryster) than to trifle with truculent trolls.... to fill in the humble gaps of everyday life in the marvelous kingdom of Santharia than to describe yet another damnable demon...    but it would be a dull world, nonetheless, if everyone thought alike.  I'm happy there ARE people to leave the dragons to, but delighted that we may soon have dancing goats with duple horns and silk-fine coats, with milk as rich as malise cheese and eyes with star-like pupils....   (laughs merrily and claps her hands)

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2008, 00:46:18 »

.. *looks at the Bard* ..

She has been overdosing on Deci's Krathi chocolate again, hasn't she?

Avrah Kehabhra

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]