Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Site Update 14-09-2008  (Read 3586 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 15 September 2008, 04:32:02 »

It... is... done... * drops dead*

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2008, 04:57:34 »

As always Art, Nice work!

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2008, 05:09:04 »

Great work, Art! Now go take a break for a bit. You've earned it!  thumbup  :D

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Eléyr Fásamár
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 4

Serenity's Embodiement

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2008, 06:35:41 »

Finally got the Cult up there! Great job, Arti!

~Maladies of the Mind are best soothed by those who suffer similar Afflictions~
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2008, 08:32:58 »

Isn't anyone going to bother to actually resuscitate the man?  (looks about in alarm)
Where are our necromancers when we NEED them?   Mages?  Healers?  Oi!
Do I have to do EVERYTHING myself?  Cos I don't think we have CPR in Santharia, and I'm not sure I should be smooching our Sage anyhow....

(The Compendium Healer, roused by Judith's shouts of alarm, comes trotting in with his rankcap askew and begins working over the limp body which is still slumped at its desk....)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2008, 08:57:21 »

Ha! Double entry update!
Drinks are on me, everyone!
Erm....
Mayhaps we should order for the sage?

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2008, 21:20:19 »

*watches anxiously as the Healer pours a bit of neat Runorian Brandy down Artimidor's throat*

"If THIS doesn't rouse him up, we may as well call in the necromancers," the white-robed man says with a wide, not-overly-reassuring-grin.

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2008, 21:26:14 »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh...  shocked

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Lionhorse
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2008, 21:31:59 »

Nice job, Artimidor. I think that you can rest your head and mind!!!  grin thumbup

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2008, 22:03:06 »

"Oh, good," says the healer, his grin even more manic.  "I think he'll live.  Give him large tots of thyron cha'ah on the hour, with absolutely NO Runorian brandy in it, and don't let anyone bleed him.   We recommend rest, and perhaps a few episodes of LOST - er, never mind, wrong universe.   Do excuse me, we have a crisis in the apprentices' quarters.  Something about an invasion of Citron Lice?"   He scurries out, robes flying.

*Nsiki soon has the tea ready, and Lionhorse helps Judith get their sage into a more comfortable reclining position on the nearby couch (after sweeping off the many stacks of paper, parchment and books covering it)*

"There!" Judith says triumphantly.  "Now take a break, for Ava's sake, or at least for ours!  What will we do if you overwork yourself and take brainfever?"   

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2008, 23:33:00 »

Good job everybody!

Nice one, Arti. You're a hero.

clap clap clap clap clap

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2008, 03:55:09 »

Ah yes, thanks everyone :) - Somehow I get t the impression that updates get larger and larger and more difficult. More links to be made (entries get better interlinked), lots of stories (library entries due to the new scheme require a lot of work, this time we had 4 pieces), no pics (means text only, which requires a lot of checking).

@Miraran: To answer your question you posted yesterday in the shout box:

Art, to what degree does it help you if we produce site-templated entries for you? I have no idea how you add all the reference links..

Well, it helps somewhat, but you cannot cover away all the work. You'd need to do all the links and you possible couldn't do them. You'd need to have an idea of the folder structure and the names etc. Or search for each entry to link to on the site and put it in. Can be pretty tedious. I add the links manually while checking the entries upon uploading, and I can do that rather easily with Frontpage by linking directly to the files in my local web. History tables I can only to with my program also. So it's not easy to do that efficiently from outside. Though if you're bored and know how to handle an HTML editor you could try. I can provide templates if you're interested.

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2008, 05:27:57 »

I actually have the templates from the downloads section, they seem fairly complete.. i'm going to try and make a few "pages" of my own entries and see how they turn out, if it seems i can do most of the work by myself, I can start delivering (semi)completed webpages for the herbariums' blarrowed entries.

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2008, 05:44:00 »

Watch the tea, Art, its still hot!
Oh, and did Judy say TO bleed, or NOT to bleed? That is a VERY important question....
*Nsiki brandishes a wicked-long knife....*

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 16 September 2008, 05:46:34 »

-The now following chaotic scene can best be described as the result of a Vine Jar, a Warg, and a Bardic Lute hitting a certain Eyelian as the exact same time.-

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]