Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I'm still fascinated  (Read 3165 times)
Zacheius Aquadel
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 04 October 2008, 19:18:19 »

Hello all.  I was once a member here, though not for an extended period of time.  Formerly known as Zacheius Aquadel, I've changed the name to Maértys Shandál. I still like my old Zacheius name, haha.  :D I've done a lot of traveling since I last visited Santharia, and after finally settling down I remembered Santharia and the fun I had writing about the Ancythrian Spinneedler and the Bavereye Beetle.  After rereading so much about Santharia once again I am still fascinated by this fantasy-oriented dream, and even though it has been quite some time, I would love to reintroduce myself to the development board.

I'm still primarily interested in the bestiary/herbarium, so I'm hoping that, with time, I may be able to look into that again if I am welcome to do so. :)
« Last Edit: 05 October 2008, 08:46:33 by Maértys Shandál » Logged

Fear cuts deeper than swords...
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2008, 19:44:43 »

*waves*

I love the way that so many people remember the site and wander back eventually.  Shows it must be doing something right.  Anyway, I'm sure no-one will have any problems at all with you heading back in, and will soon be trying to get you interested in their little courner of the world.  Saying this....if you ever wanted to create some animals/plants linked to the Brownie race....I'm suuure there would be plenty to do ;).

So, sit down, the Kao-kao and Doch Nut cookies are probably on their way, or come over and join in the party!

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Zacheius Aquadel
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2008, 20:30:41 »

Thank you :)  And here is my OOC congratulations on your inauguration as well. :)  I'm not sure I have a place for posting in the thread since "Maertys" would be unknown and out of place, but my regards nonetheless!

And brownies, hmm, I never familiarized myself with the race, but I would be willing to do so for the prospect of new projects.  grin

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2008, 20:50:40 »

Ooooo, welll...I can't resist someone looking for entries to do.....there are a number of things which the Llaoihrr tribe are still missing, if one of them takes your fancy. Rrihoorr Moss is in the list of proposed Herbarium entries, it's spicy and mossy bascially, used as a flavouring and as bait to attract a certain type of pest.   They're also supposed to be very good at making things out of wood, mechanisms and stuff, but they don't really use much metal and get most of it from a nearby clan of dwarves, who haven't been trading with them for as long as they've had the expertise with wood.  So what do they make their chisels and other tools out of?  Some part of some animal/plant?  Also, what do they use for glue?  And dyes?  Any edible bugs would be eaten too.  *grins*  Erm, that was a lot of details, but if anything inspired you, or if you think of anything else at all, go ahead :).

And if you want to party, just come along anyway, it's for everyone really.

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2008, 20:58:01 »

Welcome back, Maértys.

I see Rookie has already given you plenty of food for thought, so here's some food for your body *Offers platters of Doch-nuts and Kao-Kao cookies, baked earlier by Masterbard Judith for just such an occasion*

Help yourself, I know I will! Oh, and there's a pig-skin of Santh-ale hanging over there, if you have a thirst.

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Zacheius Aquadel
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2008, 09:07:43 »

@ Rookie: Very much inspiration there. grin What I will do to begin is read your entry on The Council Tree of the Llaoihrr Brownies.  Then if you don't mind I would like to take up your offer concerning the Rrihoorr Moss.  If I manage to complete that, then I would love to help expound on any of the other ideas you've mentioned.

@ Tharoc: Thank you for the food.  Really. I'm seriously starving.  *wishes Santharia had a mcdonald's too* Haha

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2008, 23:48:38 »

Welcome back, and if you ever find yourself just a touch more eastwards from the Council Tree, look me up!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2008, 03:18:09 »

So where's our facinated Zacheius? Guess the fascination comes in sudden spasms... lol Or he didn't find that McDonalds and went for some Santharian sloooooow food (and obviously isn't done yet). Or he's really reading Rookie's Council Tree entry as he said. And this indeed can take a while... lol

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Zacheius Aquadel
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2008, 22:07:18 »

I am here!  I've only read about half of the council tree entry.  I've been out of town for about a week to visit my brother and celebrate my birthday. :D

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 16 October 2008, 02:50:06 »

Okeydokey, that's fine, Zach ;) Already thought you had disappeared again. Still remember that creative Baverye Bettle you made a while ago and hoping for more of that kind ;)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Zacheius Aquadel
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2008, 08:28:30 »

Haha, I know I must be infamous for doing just that.  noidea  I'm most definitely hoping that I'll be able to crank out some more as well. My high school days were much more carefree, though, and I won't be able to write as quickly as before, but surely so.  :)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]