Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ice Elves!  (Read 5285 times)
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2008, 08:11:23 »

My first responce would be "How would i know, i don't need such places", seeing as im 27 minutes by train from Amsterdam (and have friends i can spend the night at when i dont feel like returning late) but i suppose i am in a better position to find out than you are.. i'll keep it in mind and do some research for you!

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2008, 08:15:04 »

Why, thank you, my Netherlandian Netherlandic Netherlandoid friend. Much appreciated.

Hhhm, 27 minutes, eh? That would give us roughly 15 minutes to pack the bags and run if you phoned to say you were coming ;)

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2008, 08:24:04 »

See, your first mistake there was assuming i'm going to warn you up front...

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 November 2008, 13:14:55 »

Okaaay...Mira and Tharoc together = random off topic fun... :P

Anyway...the ice elves of Iol do need some work and Wren is your girl to help. She is the main elf developer, so pick her brain alot. As for other random northern stuff, feel free to ask myself, Alysse or Tharoc. We'd LOVE to have another northern developer on board.  :D

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 November 2008, 23:41:14 »

I don't know whether you've already seen this, but here it is anyway. The only information we have on the Ice Elves.

ICE ELVES, THE
Elvenkind living in the regions of Cyhalloi. Accustomed to fierce conditions Ice Elves have very cold blood, which is also the reason why they have very white skin. This kind of elves is well known for their gigantic ice buildings they often errect in the midst of nowhere.

Not much to go on, I know. But at least it gives you a starting point! grin

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2008, 03:28:25 »

That description would only seem to encompass the Cyhallrhim....So if you wanted a nothern variety you should be brainstorming for a new tribe entirely....

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Miés´efér Lytherá
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 November 2008, 14:24:14 »

Thanks guys, I think that I am indeed going to develope the ice elves of the north as a new tribe.  It'll be a lot of fun! grin

"You know who the critics are? The men who have failed in literature and art." (Benjamin Disraeli)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 20 November 2008, 21:31:38 »

Um, er, whoa (looks around a bit wildly)   

In all of that discussion did we suddenly decide it was ok to let a newcomer take responsibility for a tribe? 

Please don't take offense, Mies'efer: the current policy is that new people should start small and work their way up - not only for the protection of the Dream's integrity, but also to allow them to get their feet under them and become familiar with the style, the atmosphere, the environment, and so on.

As far as I know you have to get our Great High Fount of Wisdom, Senior Developer, Sage and Webmaster Artimidor to agree at the very minimum -  and usually it's considered polite to get a feel for whether your request would be appropriate from at least a few senior members who have gotten to know you.

Guys?  Can I get a yea or nay on this pov?   I wasn't aware the policy had changed.....

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 November 2008, 22:05:00 »

I fear my words may of been misconstrued....

My comment was primarily aimed at Tharoc's description, I was noting that Ice Elves in that context were not the same thing that was being suggested. I was by no means suggesting that such an experienced developer take up the reigns of developing a new tribe (again, no offence Mies'efer, I'm sure you will at some point be very capable of developing at this level), I was merely stating that a new tribe would need to be envisioned.

Sorry if I personally caused any confusion Judith,

Deci

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Miés´efér Lytherá
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 November 2008, 02:24:35 »

Alrighty then, I will continue to work towards the developement of the plant, animal, and other life surrounding the Ice Elves of the north, and perhaps with assistance, and lots of work I will eventually be able to at least help with the developement of these elves. grin  I did not mean of course to step on any toes, or overstep my bounds in any way; it was only my intention to help.

Thanks,
Mifer

"You know who the critics are? The men who have failed in literature and art." (Benjamin Disraeli)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 November 2008, 05:40:38 »

Indeed.

Tribe development requires alot of knowledge of the world. But...you can develop other ice elf related stuff that can eventually be integrated in your main tribal entries later. Or perhaps, you could develop an ice tribe as your masterwork.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 November 2008, 11:09:54 »

Remusians, of course, not withstanding. :)

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 November 2008, 00:17:02 »

oops..I meant Ice elf tribes, not Ice Tribes as in Remusians and their kind...sorry for the mix up.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]