Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Remusian Men v2.1  (Read 19561 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #60 on: 13 June 2009, 15:15:08 »

Cool... I'll see to check/integrate it bit by bit as soon as I'm done with my Monsonius entry. In the meantime make sure to put together some info I can put on your team page (just have a look at other people's pages), and if you've got a photo you'd like to share, send it over as well :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 14 June 2009, 06:39:03 »

My Team Info has been PM'd to you Art. :D

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 14 June 2009, 08:25:44 »

Alt

Let me start with a quibble
Still, the laws they have do live up to their reputation, without a doubt.
There is something wrong with this sentence.  Perhaps needs a comma somewhere.  Are you saying that their laws live up to their reputation?

Quibble done.

Now let me say, what a masterpiece this whole entry is.   clap worship clap I do not even want to know how many hours went into crafting this work but I must say we are all benefitting from such a wonderfully described entry.  +1 Aura   Great job! I can't wait to see it officially posted.

Oh yeah, I love the duck threat grin.  I almost ignored your entry just to see if you would follow through.  evil
« Last Edit: 14 June 2009, 08:27:52 by Seeker » Logged

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 14 June 2009, 09:59:02 »

Quibble quashed. :D

And I can't kill the duck  cry, as he is my bathtub buddy.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #64 on: 14 June 2009, 23:52:20 »

Ok... I've now went ahead and checked and slightly adjusted the first sections and put them on the site already to have the entry at least partly updated when the inauguration party start. :) These include: Overview, Appearance, Coat of Arms and Territory.

Mostly I just ironed out some smaller things like writing "twelve" instead of "12" (until 13 I guess one writes the numbers in full). Or I changed "odenbels" to "the hot springs, or "Odenbels"," - so that people who don't know Remusia by heart have an idea what you mean. Doesn't hurt to mention some things at least once in an entry, and double or trice doesn't hurt either sometimes. I also explained the Forsaken Blade a bit in the Coats of Arms section, there's definitely at least some basic information necessary. So I mostly changed/updated things like that, nothing serious.

The Overview now is pretty lengthy, yet on the other hand you have a pretty lengthy entry there as well... :) I like the idea BTW with the hair length that needs to grow when the husbands die, that seems to be really nice cultural thingy that suits the Remusians. I see the giants are also mentioned - we should do an entry on those as well at some point, at least we have a picture that we use already in the Stone Fields of Peat entry...

In the Territory section I've made a list out of the cities and put it under "Key Locations", so that it is now much better readable. Actually this is something that usually goes into the Places entry, and I'm sure eventually these paragraphs also end up there, because the tribe entry is basically about its people. At some point we might also do short seperate overviews on locations in provinces or kingdoms, so that you can easier find them. But that's for later - right now we just leave these cities there I'd say :)

Definitely great job - and I've still quite a way to go to prepare it all :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #65 on: 03 July 2009, 05:16:46 »

Work for you, Altario!

Festivals, Holidays and Observances

It has been a long held belief that Remusians, Ice Tribes as a whole, did not have any celebrations, as they were a hard people that did not let themselves open to gaiety.  In recent years, with the opening up of the north to more people, it has become apparent that this belief is not as true as previously thought.

Drag’nas’or is celebrated to honour the dead, where every fire is burned in Remusia, and is known as the Day of Light.  This day, is a combined festival where the gods Necteref and Peierojon play major roles.  The fires are lit with flames taken from the main temple of Peierojon in Rhemir, where the Eternal Flame is kept burning.  As well, Necteref is rejoiced for the honour he has bestowed upon those who have died, by taking them to the next world.  But, in the end, it is the people who have died that are celebrated, as families tell stories recounting the lives of these people.  This celebration is observed mid winter, around the 15th day of the month of Turning Star.

I needed some time to realise, that Drag’nas’or is a festival, maybe it was too late already, but maybe you add for the fleeting reader: „Drag’nas’or is a festival which is ...
Will  the names be a bit highlighted? Or set in „..“ ?

Another important celebration is (the?) Festival of Summer‘s Arrival.  This festival takes place near the 1st day of the month of Rising Sun.   In Sudarok, the most grand of the celebrations are held, in which musicians, singers and dancers perform along the grande avenue, a street lined with many frozen statues of ferocious animals found in the area.

I don‘t know,if you should mention, that „Rising Sun“ is the name of the month in the Santharian Calender. You are writing for the Compendium, so this is ok, but the Remusians have surely a different name, or not?

Berg Ponies are a rare aberration of the Kor’och fey Mologh, the Remusian Horse.  It is rare when one of these blue coloured foals is born, and it is an omen of good fortune.  When the foal is one year old, a feast is held in which the foal is eaten by the participants.  It should be noted that this is the only time Remusians will consume horse meat, unlike there Ice Tribe brethren who will partake of it if the need arises.

Hu, just learned , that berg is „icemountain“ (Berg = Mountain in German)

The rites of death have been a subject of great interest to the scholars studying the Remusians.  This is because of the many changes they have undergone over the years.  Many years ago, at around the time that Remusians first became their own tribe, they had can only be describes as a horrifying rite.  When a hero was killed, his flesh was mixed with other meat in a great stew, and was eaten by all members of the clan.  It was believed that by doing so, the hero’s courage and wisdom were passed on to those who consumed the stew.  To not participate would be seen as a huge insult to the man and his memory, resulting in banishment or outright death.

How many are „Many years ago“? You have a century long history of your tribe, are many years not a bit irritating? I thought at first of, say hundred years. Maybe specify this more clearer, so you get some information in. At least „many centuries ago“ . Or do you mean, when the Remusians set themselves apart from the other icetribes?

Years later, this practice was slowly changed to where the body of a dead person would be left out on the frozen wastes for the animals to take.  In the case of great warriors, the body would be examined again in a day or two.  Depending on the type of animal that had feasted on the warrior, would determine his status in the next world.  The Remusians viewed the body as merely a vessel that holds the spirit, and as such, the container held no value in of itself.

Is the grammar of that sentence ok? I would add a „is believed“, otherwise it is too much of a statement, a fact, that status in the next world. Depending on the type of animal that had feasted on the warrior the hero was believed to have achieved a certain status in the next world ????

That‘s a great idea - would that make a story, if somebody who hated this hero (and his family and his heir) would arrange, that it would lookas if a lower animal had come to feast on him or would that be impossible for a Remusian man? Due to his upbringing? Evenif his desire for power would be very strong? --> The power of the heir himself could be questioned , if the father was eaten by mice.

For most Remusians, the practice of disposing of the body for nature to be rid of it is still practiced.  People are taken far from the community and left, in a private ceremony in which the family alone is privy to, alone in the wastes.  Conversely, those who have access to the Bay of Calinth often will take the body far offshore and dump it into the waters, weighted down with stones. 

The exceptions to this practice are highly esteemed warriors, heroes of battles, or the ruling Lanruls.  To these individuals, they are mummified in a way that is slightly reminiscent of the Eanian’s Frozen Tombs of Gourdynn.   Though not encased in ice, the bodies are allowed to freeze solid, bedecked in their finest clothes with their weapons, armour and jewellery, to take with them on their journey to the next world.  Once frozen, they are taken into underground necropolises.  These necropolises are often abandoned mines, or natural fissures or caves, where recesses are carved into the wall where the body will be laid.  The frozen body, along with the cold of the caves, means that the body will not rot in a way it would in a warmer clime.  It has been said that some of the bodies can still be recognized decades after being laid to rest, and that some of them are over a hundred years old and still look like men.

I like this part very much!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #66 on: 03 July 2009, 05:43:12 »

More work!

Beliefs

Religion is the great schism in Remusian society.  It has separated the people greatly, especially in recent years, and has become a focal point for many issues. It  threatens to bring about and end to the Remusian way of life.  Two groups, the monotheistic believers in Kor’och, and the polytheistic believers in the traditional Ice Tribe pantheon, are in a life and death struggle with each? other for dominance in Remusian culture.  Where there once was tolerance for the other now has been replaced with growing discrimination and outright violence.
Grammar?

The monotheistic temple has been the smaller of the religions for 1200 hundred years, but they are very militaristic in their views.

Grammar, relation from subject to verb etc.., chance of ..don‘t know how it is called.
‚Monotheistic temple‘ is not a religion, at least the connection in this way sounds wrong to me. Monotheistic cult? .. It is very militaristic ..

1) They have come into power only recently, in 1635 when Araven took power, who was a strong believer in Kor’och.  He publicly claimed that belief in Kor’och was the true state religion, though he did not outlaw the old gods? worship.  This was to the chagrin and consternation of the Temple of Kor’och, who in 1339 had decreed that the old gods were no longer valid, as Kor’och had defeated them and took their place.

2)The believers in the Ice Tribe pantheon were outraged, as they had always seen the worship of Kor’och as a cult to be tolerated.  Kor’och had been a great national hero, who himself was a believer in the old gods, referring to himself in life as "Asterlin’s Fury".  So they assumed that followers of Kor’och would always still see the old gods as the pinnacle of divine order.  Since the Council of Rhemir, in 1339, the Temple of the Old Gods has responded in kind and tried to eradicate the Temple of Kor’och as a religious power, but has failed to do so.

Polarized views of the temples have resulted.  The more urban Remusians tend toward the Temple of Kor’och, while the nomadic hunters lean towards the traditional gods.  The followers of Kor’och are more modern in their views toward trade and opening up of the country to outsiders, while the traditionalists fear the outside world and wish to keep to themselves.

Those last paragraphs (1. and 2.)are confusing and I think, you have not written down all what is in your head. Let me explain:

The cult of Kor‘och was tolerated first by the followers of the Old Gods, for they saw it as something like an addition, for Kor‘och believed in the old gods himself.

Then 1339:  Temple of Kor’och, who in 1339 had decreed that the old gods were no longer valid, as Kor’och had defeated them and took their place.

1635: They have come into power only recently, in 1635 when Araven took power, who was a strong believer in Kor’och.  He publicly claimed that belief in Kor’och was the true state religion, though he did not outlaw the old gods worship.

--> He reins in again, maybe to get peace with the old gods faction, but now the rift is between the followers of Kor‘och themselves?

Maybe describe it more historically, each relation, is a bit unclear this way.

Since the Council of Rhemir, in 1339, the Temple of the Old Gods has responded in kind and tried to eradicate the Temple of Kor’och as a religious power, but has failed to do so.

How does this go together? Responded in kind and eradicate?

I think this is a typical "How do I get all what is in my head on the paper?" ;)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #67 on: 03 July 2009, 06:12:06 »

Temple of Kor’och

Nacu-Remusians (new Remusians) believe in Kor’och, the ? “Winged Lord of the Eternal”.  Kor’och is a warrior god, and is normally pictured as a winged, hooded figure, riding a great black horse and carrying a large battle axe.

The unique thing  (what?) about the belief in Kor’och{comma not here, if, then after is} is that Kor’och was a man; a verifiable historical figure.  He was born in 453 a.S., the result of a rape of a Remusian warrior and a Tokarian woman.  The Remusian found out that the woman became pregnant, and since he had no other children as his Remusian wife had died years ago, ordered the Tokarian woman to live with him in Rhemir.  It was a tough childbirth, and the woman did not survive.  The Remusian warrior, however, never truly forgave the boy for his mixed heritage{no comma*} and treated him very poorly.  It is said that he would get drunk and throw knives at the boy in his anger.  When Kor’och was 15, he turned on his father and killed him.

* I don‘t recall, what Coren said, when I erdicated his commas, but the only rule I know is, that there is no comma before an ‚and‘ when the following sentence can not stand alone. As the subject is not there, the comma should be omitted.

Was the boy not punished for killing his father?

Kor’och joined the army in Rhemir, and entered adulthood as a brutish killer, devising a two axe technique that has never been duplicated.  He rose in the ranks as he fought the Tokarians, the Sarmanians and the orcs in the east.  His uncle on his mother’s side, a blacksmith, created Kor’och a great shield which he used with his lance.

Orcs in the east? Where is that map? Is it perhaps south?

Here, it is said*,  is where the divinity of Kor’och begins to emerge.  First, his weapons became enchanted, though through Kor’och himself, and not magically.  Through his own being, he transferred power into these items that they did not have before he took them.  Legend relates how, after his patrol got lost in a snowstorm in the Gathorn Mountains, they were on the brink of starvation, and Kor’och wandered off on his own.  When he returned, a small herd of wison were following him, and his patrol was thus able to keep from starving to death.

*You are not supposed to write as a follower of Kor‘och, which Alt could be  and if you are the author, then it would be correct. But, you are advised from the compendium to write it in a neutral tone, so you should not state that as a fact. (I had a debate with Art about that, for Takór Salenár as a high level priest has his problems as well, to write „neutral“ about Divine Magic“.)

When Kor’och entered his fifties, he began to devote more and more time to prayer and self awareness.  Needing solitude, he retreated to the Gathorn Mountains, where he lived by himself, hoping to spend time in quiet contemplation of his life.  A few of his closest companions kept returning to Kor’och’s retreat, bringing him supplies and checking on the man.  It was rumoured that Kor’och retreat in a  lush green valley that did not freeze, even during the winter.  His followers were sworn to secrecy, so that this retreat would stay hidden.

After Kor’och’s death, ca 512 a.S., many writings of his were found on vellum scrolls.  The fact that he could write {} is often debated as proof of his divinity. As he had no formal schooling and in life he was never known to have learned to write.  Thus, believers say ,that is proof that he had become a god, while detractors claim the writings were later works of an anonymous source{} and were only attributed to Kor’och. How nice! These works go into detail how Kor’och believed that all life, all men were the mixture of Earth, Wind, Fire, Water and Darkness.  He claims that with the right mixture of these elements, one could become the perfect being.  Though Kor’och never claims in these writing to have achieved this himself, later scholars would argue that he had indeed done so, and thus had not died, but ascended to the next realm.

The first places of worship to Kor’och began to spring up in the mid 550’s.  They were simply caves in the Gathorn Mountains, which the Temple of Kor’och has always revered with significance.  Large ice statues were carved to honour him, in much the same way as the Ice Tribes revere ice totems to their gods.

Is it there not fairly warm for the north, were they not melting in summer?

In the early 600’s, the caves were abandoned in favour of temples, the first being in Rhemir.  They teach the philosophy that life is not real, but only a test.  That true life begins in the next world, once one has gained perfection through the five elements.  It is a philosophy that catches on rather slowly, as it gives women access to this next world as equally as men.  It also breaks away from the strict warrior code that all Ice Tribe follow.  This is quite interesting, as Kor’och himself was an accomplished warrior.

During the Third Orcish War, in 814 a.S., a warrior named Caladayn claimed that Kor’och had visited him in a dream, and that Kor’och himself was telling him how to fight the orcs.  Caladayn ended up in command of the armies in the east, and he proved to have remarkable skill.  In the west, the Remusians lost great tracts of land to the orc and Antislar armies, but in the east, the borders held.

East again?

It is during this time, that legends surrounding Kor’och’s Lance began to spring up.  It is said that Caladayn wielded the lance, and that after Caladayn died, the lance disappeared once more.  Legend says that in times of greatest need, the lance will return once more to be wielded by a hero to save the people of Remusiat.

A lance instead of a sword!

The seat of religious power had been, up until the late 800’s, in Rhemir, the birthplace of Kor’och.  However, it moved to Dorm-nak, closer to the Gathorn Mountains and closer to the place where Kor’och had spent his last years.  For close to 400 years it stayed there, but in the mid 1200’s, power again returned to Rhemir.  But when it did, it was a stronger, harsher religion.  The Lanrul of Rhemir was a strong supporter of the Kor’och sect, and he imposed strict laws according to the perfection of life that Kor’och claimed was the purpose of this life test.  All crimes were punishable by death.  One account has that several young boys were subjected to Splitting for the simple crime of vandalism.  One of them had carved a boast of his warrior prowess comparing himself to Kor’och into a stone on the outside of the temple.

Over the years, a mixture of new and old religions was taking place.  This worried the leaders of the Temple of Kor’och, so that in 1339, a general council was brought together in Rhemir of all the temple leaders from all over Remusiat.  The Council of Rhemir formed the doctrine that was to be the basis of the temple in years to come.

A mixture of what? Kor‘och and OLD Gods beliefs? How?

In it, they claimed that when Kor’och ascended to the next realm, that he defeated the old gods that were there.  The old gods of Nechya, Zundefor and the others were dead.  He had taken the next realm as his own, and only those who followed him, and attained the perfection of the five elements could enter.  As well, all true temples of Kor’och had to have an item of Kor’och’s in it, whether it is piece of bone, or lock of hair, or clothing.  All clerics had to be shaved bald upon initiation, and their heads coated with Tansia seed oil, and the new hair allowed to grow again while tansia oil was applied everyday.  This symbolized his rebirth as a disciple of Kor’och.  All children, boys and girls, that were followers of Kor’och had to have tansia seed oil anointed on them, from under their left eye down to the collarbone on their left shoulder.  This traces the scar that Kor’och is said to have from a beating he took from his father, and the age of 15 is when Kor’och killed his father and became an adult.

And what about this new power you mentioned above? Which seems to be more tolerant again? Before this Council of Rhemir made the doctribne, where there the old gods tolerated, or even seen as equal?

Maybe I get the rest done tomorrow morning, maybe not.. I have to check these maps, orcs in the east??

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 03 July 2009, 06:23:31 »

Thanks Talia.  I'll work on the edits.   :D

You've made me giggle with the dead man eaten by mice so that the heir is questined.  I'd create a story if I had Shabby's, or Seth's or Val's way with writing humour.  It would be a great story I think.

As such, I'll see what I can come up with.  I appreciate the critique. (you are Auried.  Even though I know you don't like them :P)

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 07 July 2009, 04:56:44 »

I believe that I have addressed your issues, Talia. :D

Your concern about orcs in the east is valid.  I meant in the south of course, but towards the east side of the southern border and the western south border.  I have replaced east and west with southeast and southwest to make it clearer.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #70 on: 07 July 2009, 05:05:42 »

I'm sure it is now alright, I won't look over it again, but do the rest (the old gods).

Are there more parts left nobody has had a look over? I could do that tomorrow in the morning, to get this ready.

Akkh, the maps!

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #71 on: 09 July 2009, 01:54:14 »

Ice Tribe Pantheon

Traditional Remusians believe in the Ice Tribe pantheon of gods.  However, like all things Remusian, they are not completely in step with how the other Ice Tribes observe their religion.  They do agree that in the beginning, there was only one god, Afrasnyr, who was chaos himself.  He fought with himself so violently, that he tore himself into the 15 gods of the Ice Tribes.  The supreme gods are Phoblit (the male day god) and Nechya (the female night goddess), Brender (thunder), Asterlin (lightning), Chelinor (snow), Weabor (wind), Reanor (rain), Peierojon (fire), Pargis (ice), Heterniz (water), Zundefor (the land animal spirit, in the form of the great white bear), Aleshnir (the sea animal spirit in the form of a white whale), Necteref (death), Asendin (sea) and Ertemmir (the earth). 

As well as the fifteen gods, are the sexless avatars that do their bidding on the land.

My not-English brain has some problems with that sentence. The avatars are the images (or representations? of the gods, so ‚their sexless avatars‘ do what?  I know you are implementing some stuff of that discussion, right? But somehow I do not understand what they are doing, nor why these avatars are sexless, if they represent a god. These should be something like asexual angels, (or??) , but angels do not represent a god, but work under his command, in his assignement(?)

These avatars also question the dead, and determine their fate.  How one answers will determine whether you will enter the next realm, or be flung into the fires.  Life after death is a great motivator for the warriors.  These avatars are in the form of humanoid animals, and can be encountered in the world.  Sometimes these avatars are completely animal, sometimes beasts with human heads, and sometimes humans with animal heads.  Other mixtures can be found, but those three are the most commonly referred to.

What other mixture are possible????

Each god has its own cult status within the larger Ice Tribe religion.  Each is worshipped in its own way apart from the belief in the pantheon.  Thus a Remusian sailor can be a follower of Asendin in most things, but can still call upon Weabor when needing a favourable wind.  A typical Remusian will offer up prayers and offerings to a multitude of different gods throughout their lifetime, but will have one god that they consider themselves more closely connected to.

Phoblit is the male day god, and his symbol is the sun.  His temples are often built with an observing stone that can be used to mark the changing of the seasons.  They are often open temples with no walls.

Nechya is the female night goddess.  She is closely associated with the moon, and fertility, as in the moon cycles that women are afflicted with.  She is perhaps the most revered of all the Ice Tribe gods, having given birth to mankind.  Like Phoblit, her temples are open areas, with similar astronomical observatories built in to mark the phases of the moon.  A blue moon is her omen, and is a time of great celebration by the Remusians, as it signals prosperity.

Brendar is the god of thunder.  His avatar is the thunderfoot, the great beast of the wastes.  In his temples, great drums are beaten to summon his favour.  Remusian musicians are close to this god.

Asterlin is the god of lightning.  He is the god of trickery and deceit, stemming from the rarity of lightning in general, and the false light that it brings over the land.  It is said that thieves have Asterlin in their hearts, and is therefore considered one of the evil gods.

Chelinor is the powerful god of snow.  He is revered highly by hunters and warriors, for the strength in which he holds on to the land, even throughout the summer in certain years.  His temples are found in nearly every community in Remusia, whether they be permanent stone structures in the cities, or small structures built from ice and snow in the nomadic camps.

Weabor is the goddess of wind.  A female diety, she is emotion taken to the extreme.  Whether it be the soft caress of a gentle summer breeze to the face slapping strength of a mid-winter gale.  The dreaded winter storm brought in by the zekar winds off the Bay of Calinth is said to be the child of both Weabor and Chelinor, as they are often very high winds accompanied by large deposits of snow in a short period of time.

Reanor is the goddess of rain.  She is the least followed of all the gods, as it is speculated because of the little actual rain that falls on the Icelands Coast.  The cult of Reanor is based on self awareness, and spiritual awakening.  This cult looks at Kor’och as a great follower of Reanor, and point at his conversion from warrior to self aware individual as proof of the strength of Reanor.  They have been persecuted most among all cults as they are believed to have stolen and hidden the shield of Kor’och, an artefact of great power lost to history.  The caves in the eastern Gathorns are important places to both the Reanors and the followers of Kor’och.  In the worst violence against them, in a siege that lasted four months in the caves, 300 Reanors were slaughtered by Pargises.  Reanors shun wealth and marriage and lead a life of austere poverty.  The Reanors include female priests among the men, and is the only cult to do so.

And what about the other cults of female gods, only male priests?

Peierojon is the god of fire.  The temple of Peierojon carries the Eternal Flame that is reputed to be from the first fire ever given to man from the gods.  This is the first temple the Remusians ever had, which was a departure from the other Ice Tribes which do not build temples to the gods, but rather worship ice totems.  From this, the Remusians began building simple shrines to their gods, which evolved into some temples in the main cities.

Pargis, the great ice god, is another very powerful god in the Remusian pantheon.  The cult of Pargis are the warriors that operate under the auspices of the Lanrul.  They are charged under pain of death not to reveal the rites and rituals that take place within the cult.  The cult of Pargis was charged with the recovery of the shield of Kor’och, and have searched many of the Gathorn mountain caves, and have persecuted the followers of Reanor.

Heterniz is the female water diety, and is dedicated to the thoughts and emotions of people.  This is a favorite god of women, as they are seen as more emotional than the taciturn Remusian men.  As such, her cult is practiced mostly in the home, and not given much status by the community as a whole.
So no cult, priests etc?

Zundefor, the land animal spirit, in the form of the great white bear, controls the animals of the north.  The cult of Zundefor is devoted to land animals only.  In myths, the wison is a gift to man from the god himself.

Aleshnir, the sea animal spirit in the form of a white whale, is the female counterpart to Zundefor and controls the mysterious beasts that inhabit the murky depths of the oceans.  Though sometimes depicted as Zundefor’s lover, she is mostly seen at odds with the land animal spirit.  Both Aleshnir and Zun

I think you forgot something.......

Sir Altario, when you have recovered from this huge endeavour, you need to write down the religion completely :D  Way better for your entry would be, to write it soon, give here just a short overview and a link and only describe here what is different to the icetribe religion in general. - But I fear I will not get through with it. This way it is a bit dificult to actuall find the differences.

But of course I like your ideas and how you expanded on Curgan‘s stuff. 

thumbup thumbup thumbup

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]