Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Akaski (cursed people)  (Read 1136 times)
bloodreborn

Gained Aura: -35

View Profile
« on: 19 December 2008, 11:15:32 »

i was thinking about any horrid things i could think up in that have yet to find their way to the development board then i dreamed up this:

(do not remind me about the ban you placed on creating tribes this is only for consideration)

(Sample)Overview

Shrouded by the darkness of warped trees and plants of the Hovel Frond forest hides a small crumbling village the inhabitants of which still live but tis not their weapons, magic, resourcefulness or any other know survival tactic that mantains their existence.

this race of 'humans' have lived though the horrors of their home because they aren't human....well not entirely is a more accurate definition.
these beings may appear human by daylight blissful touch but when the sun falls to the shadows of night the populous shows it's true colours morphing into horrid ravenous and bloodthirsty(emphasis on blood) monsters that must feed constantly of the blood of others to nourish themselves.

what do you think?

There is no purpose in unnecessary curtsy...

...this is common knowledge for any diplomat...

...but in the end waving a gun around is equally unhelpful.
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 16

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2008, 11:31:52 »

Obviously you need to be reminded about the ban on creating races (as you say yourself in the overview that its a race, rather than a tribe) since you posted this. If the addition of new races and tribes was up for discussion then it wouldn't be referred to as banned.

Secondly, the thing that comes to mind when reading your 'overview' is werewolf / vampire. If you take the time to search either of those, you will find that they have been suggested more than once and the answer has been 'no'. If you could spare a bit of your time to actually do some research. Even if your idea wasn't based on the above mentioned creatures that are commonly featured in fantasy, the idea is still similar and easily seen, so doing a quick search would have helped you.

Finally, as others have commented, you should work on finishing the entries you start, rather than jumping to something new every day because you don't like someones comments or your just bored.

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him.
Remember what it is to be alive.

Garret's Development Schedule
bloodreborn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2008, 11:56:44 »

Yeah OK, i just dislike the research thing because of the simple fact that you have to go through entire categories gathering info that you may not want or need and searching for a single topic is even harder, perhaps a more specific filing system would make it easier for both members and newbies to collect info.

As for my other entries, well i am still waiting for a reply so i thought i might as will poke around the site starting post conversation ect.

Also my original intention was to make a evil human tribe but it seems that you are correct and they have developed unintentionally into a whole different race.

Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 16

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2008, 13:29:13 »

As like you said in your original post, "don't remind me about the ban you placed on creating tribes". I'll remind ya because you've obviously forgotten. There is a ban on creating new tribes.

I didn't have a problem typing in 'vampire' or 'werewolf' into the search box under the "Help, I'm a Newbie!" section on the right side. Looking through the brief sections it brought up helped me identify if it would be useful or not.

As for entries. You have two in the Herbarium that both show Dev status 1. Which, if you'd bothered to take a look at the stickied thread at the top of the board titled "How to write Herbarium entries", you would see that it shows you the use of the various development icons. Also, both the entries in that area are missing sections so the statement you made above is false.

You keep asking questions that have already been answered, asking questions that can easily been found by taking a look at various threads that are obviously marked as being helpful, opening up new discussions where one similar might have already taken place, opening up threads that are pointless, bothersome, and/or rude. If your seriously intrested in remaining on the site then perhaps you should finish any entry instead of deserting it and starting a half a dozen more, and don't be rude to those that are trying to help you.

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him.
Remember what it is to be alive.

Garret's Development Schedule
bloodreborn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2008, 13:50:06 »

OK,OK..........fine,.... i didn't know about the search thing though.

thanks, i guess.....

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]