Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Ter'ei'Vikh illo  (Read 8975 times)
Quellion
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« on: 22 January 2009, 18:50:56 »

Here he is, still sketchy I know, but I have some questions about flora and fauna before proceeding.

- Can he be standing on a waterfruit tree? The description says they are quite dense, so anything larger than a cat has some difficulty entering. On the other hand, these guys are supposed to be very nimble... If not possible, any suggestions for a good tree to make him stand on?

- Though they are not very visible right now, I was going to add a snake on a tree branch, and some bats flying in the background mist. Is a rosesnake OK? And about the bats, anything I should know about the eiqui'ris bats apart of their large size? They have no entry yet I think.

- Also, there's going to be some strangling vines there. But if there's any other plant you want, I'm open to suggestions.

And of course, let me know if the guy needs any change :)

« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 21:37:26 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2009, 19:41:58 »

@Bat enquiry: It was decided a while ago that these bats would eat fruits from both the Drifting Woods and Shar (they migrate during the year you see) and thus would actually TASTE of fruit. To add another dimension of this 'fruit absoprtion' why not make these bats in the background technicolour?

And if you are looking for more creatures to add into the picture...a big ol' Yepran toad wouldn't go amiss. If you are interested I could send you a link of the anime drawing that the appearence is based on....

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Quellion
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2009, 01:04:51 »

I could add some small animal clinging to the foreground branch in the lower right corner, but it should be not very bright, actually, it should be almost camouflaged with the brown/greens of the branch. The toad is too flashy to be there, though it could replace the snake, if the rosesnake is wrong for this jungle.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2009, 01:08:57 »

Judging from the size, he's probably standing in a marsh-oak. But those often have smaller trees growing on them, such as waterfruit and tanglebough.
Up there in the trees, his most likely 'companions' would be airborne or climbers, such as the Balyei (a flying sponge) and Chorakee birds, but i can design something for just about any critter you'd like to put in the picture :), i have a lot of semi-completed ideas i just havn't gotten around to yet (and in some cases might never actualy get to). Other ideas for 'background' objects include vine-woven bridges, Moragith eagles, fairy-like bugs, and just about any frog/snake/insect/spider/misc thing you can come up with that looks a bit odd :P

I LOVE the turei!

edit->I'll make haste now with designing the Mark he will be showing in his hair. It's just black and white, so hopefully it will not be much of a hassle to put it in later.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2009, 01:10:30 by Miraran Tehuriden » Logged

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Quellion
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2009, 18:17:06 »

Marsh-oak then, that way I can add some waterfruit trees in the background and have a couple of trees present.

The balyei will replace the bats and the yepran toad instead of the snake, all very exotic.  grin

Ziron, could you send me that link to the drawing please?
« Last Edit: 31 January 2009, 02:08:15 by Quellion » Logged
Quellion
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2009, 02:08:29 »

Update:

Some colours added, though it's still sketchy, specially the background. Anyway, if you see some colour that shouldn't be there / be different, tell me:

Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2009, 03:33:28 »

Ha! While I love the tone and style of the Vikh himself, I'm captivated by the Yepran toad! And yes, it is bias to my own creation...but who's counting?

Marvellous Work (as usual) Quellion,

Deci

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2009, 06:42:46 »

Still awestruck. Can't speak. Still loving this.

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 February 2009, 10:49:25 »

*Glares jealously at the appearing image, wondering just what he must do to have Valkree painted in such a way*

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 February 2009, 13:07:40 »

Pay the man, Tharoc!
I like the sponges... weird, weird things there...

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2009, 19:52:57 »

The frog is wicked! Good stuff. If you permit me, Quellion, to make 2 suggestions:
the background suggests a dense jungle, with light sipping through the vegetation, so I'd go for less pronounced/harsh shadows, for the light would be scattered a lot more then a direct beam. Or maybe go for a spotlight effect, keeping the shadow cast by the guy as is, but make the light shining on him much brighter.
Second thing - minor detail - are the ropes of the sling - the are perfectly stretched, wich is a bit unnatural, suggesting he's swinging them at an incredibly high speed - slight curvature in the ropes would be my suggestion. And they do seem a bit long, considering the space around him, I think they balls would collide with the tree.
I'm curious how this pic will develop itself, good dynamic pose!
Quellion
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 February 2009, 17:38:01 »

Thanks all for the comments!

About the light, I was going to do something like the spotlight effect you mention, some ray of light directly from above, with leaf shadows over his body and the tree branches in the foreground, keeping the background more misty and desaturated. But the scattered light probably fits better the jungle setting, and it will give it a more humid, swampy look, so I'll try that and see how it goes.

And the boleadora, well, the cord length was only chosen for the composition to be honest  grin. I wanted the spheres aligned with the up-left down-right diagonal. But I understand they should be tense, you know, centrifugal force an all that.  nerd

Oh, and I don't know if this is the proper channel for typo reporting, but there's one in the "Colours and Hues of Caelereth" flash thingy: "Santhran Viloet" instead of "Violet".
« Last Edit: 02 February 2009, 17:43:42 by Quellion » Logged
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2009, 23:23:30 »

hehe, I understand: artistic freedom, always go with "cool" over "correct" :) I think the spotlighht would look nice, but is harder to pull off.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 16 August 2009, 22:04:51 »

sorry folks, nothing to see here.

testing notification

-TEST!-

Avrah Kehabhra

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2009, 00:13:37 »

I was already wondering where Quellion has disappeared... Any word when he can finish this one, Mira?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]