Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Once upon a time...  (Read 6506 times)
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« on: 26 January 2009, 05:31:26 »

.. there was a great Bard that used to sing to the Dwarves.

A pictorial ode to our beloved Bard Judith ;)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2009, 05:33:20 »

Great pic, Faugar !

I did not know Bard Judith was so well endowed... musically.  shocked

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2009, 05:45:09 »

lol rolling   Altario! rofl

That is such a nice picture, Faugar! I don't know, whom I adore more, the Bard or the dwarf!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Morden Peshirgolz
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2009, 06:48:15 »

Such a nice pic, Faugur, another good work! thumbup

My only criticism would be to make the dwarf's beard longer, it is not quite up to the high standard we dwarves like to keep. grin

Unless, of course, he is a child or adolescent, then a shorter beard would be alright.

And it is quite charming, a suitable tribute to our Dwarvenmistress!
Mannix
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2009, 08:10:31 »

Oh, yeah. Go with the young dwaf thing. Though I have basically no knowledge of dwarves, I always thought they were bigger than hobbits and gnomes, so younger one would fit better, me thinks. :D And it would also make it and even more darling scene. Excellent work Faugar! grin

Mannix

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Development Schedule ~ The Hobbit Deity Liran ~ Hobbit Beliefs Discussion
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2009, 10:02:53 »

Oh!  Oh oh oh, my gracious goodness!  Quartzveins-n-nuggets, I'm so honoured!

(tries to stop babbling and brushes her hair back from her face in an attempt to settle down)

I had no idea you were working on something like this, my dear Faugar.  I've been trying to set up a Paypal account this vacation, among other reasons, so that I could finally beg a commission from you - but... wow!   I'm going to insist upon paying you nonetheless, you know.... ;)   As usual, your command of anatomy and detail creates memorable characters.

Now I must point out that she's far prettier than I, though actually less buxom (blushes), but her choice of clothing is pretty much what I would've chosen for a performance day, right down to the practical short boot/shoes!     I do have a generous mouth, slightly large teeth, and small wrists.... :)

And yes, that is obviously an adolescent dwarf.   His short beard, full cheeks, turned-up nose, generally slim build (narrow shoulders, no belly yet), height in proportion to the Bard,  and other subtle details which dwarves can spot clearly mark him as our first Thergerim teenager.   Talk about spearing two frogs with one trident!   

(stops talking and starts clapping her hands happily again)
  My morning has just been made!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2009, 16:23:10 »

Altario, you rascal ;) Thank you all for the comments, they are always encouraging!

So, yes, it was supposed to be a young dwarf, I'm planning to add some more (perhaps). The picture was more a spur of the moment - I made it yesterday, so apart from the eons old plan to portray you Judith, there was no preparation.
I'll take it to full color soon, and have already some ideas about refining the dress. Any personal jewelry you might prefer? A simple hair scarf? A pendant on a string or chain? Maybe even a silhouette of a tree in the background (what kind?).
Oh, and my morning is made also, by your joy :)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2009, 20:12:58 »

(hugs Faugar happily)

*I* - and my alter ego - both wear a lot of muted green hues (sage, rosemary, deep green).  Hair, a neutral brown :P with some dark 'lowlights', eyes green (as you know!).     I love Celtic-styled jewelry, though I rarely wear rings or bracelets, so a simple Celtic circle /mandala necklace - which in Santharia is a northern dwarven styling known as Kynian (I think, off the top of my head) - very appropriate, right?   Perhaps just a hint of similar Celtic embroidery at neck or hemlines?  Bronze or copper accents to set off the green?

Anything else I'm very happy to leave up to your talented taste, which I trust completely.   Certainly a tree or even a simple suggestion of greenery/foliage/forest in the background would suit me admirably, as the Bard and I both love nature and are - for our era - ecologically conscious... :)   Plenty of greens, in other words....

And more dwarves?   Just as long as you don't put in seven, or I'll look like a Santharian Snow White (snickers).  But if you DO add a couple more (perhaps one could be female, with big eyes and lashes and her beard not come in yet?) then I PROMISE to write an entry about Dwarven Childhood and Adolescence and use them as crops to illustrate it.  Everyone - including the Thergerim - will be happy!

(hugs him again and releases him when she hears a stifled grunt)  Oh dear, I hope  I didn't injure your painting arm there! 

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Alek I'vajan

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2009, 00:19:28 »

Excellent image, Faugar. You're a good artist. How does one go about getting a commissioned work from one of the artists here exactly? Anyway, keep up the good work.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2009, 04:25:34 »

Portrait details can be found here - hope the prices still apply, though the exchange rates have drastically changes since the time we put this up ;)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 January 2009, 06:08:19 »

Already an excellent image, even at the sketch stage shown here.......my hearty congratulations, Faugar.

*Turns around to count the meager contents of his purse........DAMN!.....still not enough for a portrait of himself and Valkree*

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 January 2009, 06:26:01 »

I'm with you on that one, Tharoc... I want a full-out portrait with background for Irid, but I just don't have the money for it :(

Now if only Ruil would come back and actually finish the drawing he promised me ages ago ...

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 27 January 2009, 06:34:51 »

Here is an update (before colorizing the image):

The young "dwarfette" is obviously defending her honor, and compensating her lack of beard (which is a symbol of.. eh.. something good among Dwarves I believe?). What do you think?
« Last Edit: 27 January 2009, 07:06:39 by Faugar » Logged
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 27 January 2009, 06:49:43 »

Lovely! 

What are those two on the ground doing? Playing 'barber' ? *laughs*

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2009, 06:54:50 »

Playing "I'll beat the Stone-Father out of you" more likely :P
But look at them - the music of a Masterbard soothes even the stoutest tempers ;)

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]