Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Naming: Magical Music and the Power of Words  (Read 4211 times)
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 32

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« on: 09 March 2009, 05:12:15 »

Oh gosh,

It has been years since I have brought up this topic, and I am somewhat ashamed of the fact I never finished this project to begin with. Reason I am bringing it up now is, I am rewriting Kalina finally, and for the last time. As a result, I must describe this "ability" or magic which she has learned, and I would like to finally get it up on the site so others may use it as well.

My question is, would I be allowed to write this entry, especially since it would be a new system (so to speak).

~Kalina

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Draconic Development Schedule
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2009, 05:34:47 »

Kalina, I know you have written quite a bit already, why do you not provide some links to it, so that the magic experts have a better knowledge of what you have in mind? Or post it here.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2009, 05:41:44 »

Well, I don't really want to start working on it and then be told I can't.

I just wanted to make sure I still could do it before I dived in head first :p

This the main thread. I know there were others scattered about, and there was talk about making it clerical, but I don't know. lol
« Last Edit: 09 March 2009, 05:46:21 by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2009, 06:22:24 »

Kali, do you know about the spirit song of  Mira's People?

I didn't read the entry just now, but had in mind, that there is something similar - is it?

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2009, 06:36:21 »

That does indeed seem to be the same power as the Ter'ei'Vikh use! Of course, the "Vikh believe it is a gift from the Moon Spirit, makeing it technically a subdomain of clerical magic.

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2009, 06:58:09 »

Yes, but not really. It is different, in more ways than one. Yes, they have similarities, but not enough to be considered the same thing (at least what I had in mind).

What is on the site, is far from being complete and doesn't really explain properly want I had in mind. Again, very old information and very little.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2009, 07:03:29 by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2009, 07:34:03 »

I would not have minded, personally if it would have been a different aspect of the same power. "been done before" does not have to translate to "should not be done again."

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2009, 09:06:59 »

Huh?

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2009, 12:56:31 »

Perhaps I will just write up things over time and submit it, then more conclusions can be reached?

>.>

(doesn't really know where to proceed from here...)

Mannix
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 March 2009, 15:41:21 »

Well Deci wrote the whole Sanryu and Blood magic thing, so I'm not sure if the ban is a complete no-no. I always thought the bans were really just there to say you need a really, really good reason to create it. But I think an outline of the concept would be good thing before you could get a definite answer, Kali. I don't know, I"m really just guessing. buck

Mannix

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Development Schedule ~ The Hobbit Deity Liran ~ Hobbit Beliefs Discussion
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 09 March 2009, 16:18:12 »

Well, Arti had said yes many years ago, so I didn't know if the offer still stood. And from my knowledge, nothing quite like it had been devved.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2009, 18:34:55 »

Kalina, as I see it, it is not a question if you are allowed to do it due to the ban, but if it makes sense in the context of Ximax and Divine magic (which I don't doubt).

Why don't you just do a very rough sketch (which you will need anyway), and tell us bit more than in the link you gave us. Maybe elaborate a little what is different to the spirit song and what similar.

If I remember right, you had already more than what you gave us, why not dig that up?

I don't see the danger, that it will not be accepted and all your work was in vain, but a rough sketch would give our magic experts the chance to give you their opinion before you put time in writing all up in breadth . Maybe your concept changes slightly after that input, gets broader or whatever. And then you can formulate it out.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 March 2009, 20:58:02 »

So this is essentially bardic magic? I would very much look forward to seeing this develop!

Agreed. An updated rough sketch of ideas would need to be posted for everyone to give their thoughts. We'll have to contact Mina for some magic mod opinions (if he's still around...). Clerical magic opinions, of course, won't be a problem as Talia and myself are around regularly. I'd say got for it!  :D

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 10 March 2009, 14:56:17 »

Yeah, I guess it would be considered more Bardic magic than really anything. I will try and get some points sketched out soon and post them for discussion.

Thanks guys

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]