Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2826 times)
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
Hi
« on: 19 April 2009, 06:39:56 »

Just wanted to say hi to all of you ... my ... you have lots of cookies!  :D  Don't worry Tharoc, I won't get between you and the cookies ... I wouldn't want you to mistake me for a cookie and begin eating me.

I like writing and reading and reviewing and researching ... and looking at the marvelous artwork of others.  Why not my own artwork?  Well, take a look at my attempts and see why!  Sadly enough, yes, they truly are my own attempts at artwork.

I have been a long time fan of fantasy.  I especially like world creation ... which was really what brought me here to the Santharian Dream.  Oh, and the poetry in the Lord of the Rings books got me started down the track of writing poetry, mostly in the field of Star Trek (mostly parodies of the shows/situations/characters etc) ... I've written a lot centered around the demise of the red shirts.

I don't know what I want to get involved in yet ... but I'm sure I'll come up with things after I look around.

My biggest problem seems to be getting involved in too many things at once and then not doing any of them very well ... you'd think after so many year of that, I'd learn, but I haven't yet.

Anyway, that's me in a rather big nutshell!

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Morden Peshirgolz
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2009, 08:48:12 »

A hearty welcome to Santharia, and good day to you, newcomer. Feel free to contribute in something suiting to your fancy. Generally, newbies start small, so creating a plant or animal would be a great start. I notice that already you've commented on someone else's work, which shows a lot of team spirit from you. thumbup

I hope you enjoy the wonderful world of Caelereth, and good luck on whatever you choose to pursue!
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2009, 09:01:10 »

Welcome, Deklitch!  You've started off on the right foot (the modest one, perhaps, but that's not a demerit).   We love people who a) introduce themselves b) comment and critique our work c) know how to behave around orcs.   Now just remember not to go into Mira's greenhouses without a full suit of fencing armour, an alchemist's face mask, and a pair of megashears, and you should be fine...

Psssst, look over here, while Tharoc is eating the dochnut cookies!   I brought Timbers with melted cheese and Chondra bacon shards!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2009, 12:32:56 »

Welcome newcomer Deklitch.   evil  Always nice to have new blood around. 

I have been here in Santharia for about two months now, and it is great.  Dive right in, find something that suits you and have fun.  There is lots to see and read.  Enjoy the work that so many have put into this world over the years. 

If you run across any spell books or powerful rune magics let me know.  I am always looking to upgrade,  Don't worry you can trust me. ;)

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2009, 14:49:57 »

Hello and welcome Deklitch!

Had to grin at your e-mail address with "Captain Tribble" in it - the tribble thing is really a Star Trek classic! Hope you don't deposit some tribbles in here though so that we get infested with them! lol

Anyway, welcome to the Dream - I'm sure we'll find a place for you to get your creativity going... Just have a look aorund and get inspired by what you find already on site :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2009, 17:24:18 »

Welcome Deklitch!

Have a good time here, with and without dochnuts.

I saw you asking in Lorek's plant: We preferred here to use the more ancient sounding British spelling, which would be favour, colour, traveller. You can find some American spelling as well, but that just slipped through unnoticed or can be found in very old entries.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2009, 19:05:45 »

Thanks for that, Talia ... I prefer the British spellings myself.  I'll set my Firefox spellchecker back to the UK version.

Artimidor, I'll do my best not to infect this place with Tribbles ... although I do have an idea for a new animal ... called Elbbirts ...

I'm known as Captain Tribble at my Star Trek ... when we get named Captain of one of the ships over there, we get a nickname, I got Tribble because they said I am annoying, everywhere but surprisingly enough most people there like me at the same time ... so it was concluded that Tribble was perfect for me!

Seeker ... I'm impressed by the pictures you have been drawing and putting up for review around the site here.  I'll keep my eye out for those spell books and rune magic for you.

Thanks Judith for the snacks ... and I'll make sure that I have those things on me before venturing inside Mira's greenhouse ... do I need to write it up on my CD before doing so though?  Or don't we need to worry about such things over here?  :D

Morden, thanks for the greeting.  I'll look around and see what I like and can get my teeth into to ... provided tribbles have teeth, of course.

Oh ... and btw ... over at my Star trek site, we have to physically sign off all our posts ... so if I start writing my name, or some other such thing at the end of posts here, that's why  evil

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2009, 21:09:58 »

Hey Deklitch!

Usually when the newcomer posts again it means that they are comfortable with the greeting they have received, but thats nothing to deter me! Though you might not see much of me (me being one of those elusive Nybelmarian Developers) its always nice to see a new face around here. I'm the only acitve one of the Bestiary Moderators though, so if anything of the animal kingdom takes you fancy you'll probably see me nosing around in it grin

Anyway, Welcome to Caelereth!

Deci

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
seth ghibta
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 138

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2009, 00:44:43 »

hi Deklitch, and welcome!
I had the pleasure of coming across your CD in the RPG forums, and couldn't find anything wrong with it to comment on - it's great, and i can't wait to see more of your writing over on the dev. side!

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.

Santharia needs your molluscs! donate molluscs now!
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2009, 02:11:32 »

I'll add my welcome to the chorus!  Come on in, we like newbies here and we're mostly quite friendly.  Based on your introduction, I'd guess you're a decent writer, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do!   Take your time and find an area you'd like to work in, we really do have something for everyone.

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2009, 04:03:17 »

I suppose I'll throw my hat in then.

Good to see you Deklitch! Hope you have some fun at least.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Airyn

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2009, 17:07:38 »

Hey Deklitch!

Welcome to the Dev side, good to see some other people becoming interested in creating all sorts of fun and evil stuffs over here   grin

Have fun!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]