Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Folkmore Elves (Random historical corrections - comment as needed)  (Read 2379 times)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« on: 05 September 2009, 23:22:14 »

Do we have any history of the Folkmore elves other than this history table and my Themed'lon Forest entry? It seems this tribe of lost North elves has never been explained. They were around from the War of the Chosen, but then scattered and rebuilt after the war. What was their role in the War? Where did they come from? This poses interesting questions as they seem to have an important role in Caael'heroth. Any thoughts on this tribe? Would a full entry be possible on them?
« Last Edit: 08 September 2009, 04:38:53 by Azhira » Logged

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2009, 23:28:11 »

The table is all we have on them so far. That and the mini-info in the Northern Sarvonian entry (with the map where you see where they are supposed to be).

The other documented tribe is actually an out branch of the Injerín elves. The Folkmore elves were driven to the islands in the Eight Winds Bay thousands of years ago, and have adapted their culture to suit this transition. Unusual for elves, they love water and would rather be on a ship then on land. They are the traders of the North and have several cities and posts which aid them in this endeavor.

But I guess this is pretty much everything we have. If someone wants to connect some dots and write and entry, that would be appreciated, though :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2009, 23:47:45 »

Ok more searching was done...and its confusing.  huh

It seems the Folkmore are actually offshoots of the Injerin tribe and weren't named Folkmore until later where they settled *somewhere*. The Arthyron Tribe entry states this, but gives no history or dates.

The Arthyrón elves (Styrásh Arthyrón, short for Arthanhe'tyrón, "blessed sea") have always been rather adventurous for elves. First they left the Injerín elves, and became known as the Folkmore Elves, for the area that they settled. However they were forced to leave during the destruction of Parthenon by Gouran in 1649 b.S. In their flight of terror they found haven in the seas and upon the islands in the Eight Winds bay. Thus did they name themselves the Arthyrón. Since that time they have explored the rivers of North Eastern Sarvonia, and the Eastern Seas.

So what is needed is the time that these Injerin became Folkmore and the reason why they left.

Second, the history time table will need revision as they were not known as the Folkmore when they settled in the Themed'lon.

From the main Injerin entry, the history conflicts with my Themed'lon stuff...leaving some unexplained gaps that need fixed. Oh dear...

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2009, 04:37:50 »

ca. 8500 b.S.       Elven Survivors Settle in the Themed'lon (correction to Injerin)
Shortly after the War of the Chosen, several surviving Folkmore elves make a home for themselves in the Themed'lon Forests in hopes of rebuilding after the war. They make peace with the pendrowe living within the woods and found a small settlement.

??? b.S. - Offshoot tribe of Injerin elves, not Folkmore.

2097 - Folkmore settlement of Parthenon is established. A large group of Injerin elves remains there and settles it.

According to the history tables, the elves in the Themed'lon were not Folkmore as that name wasn't established until much later. I propose making them simply an offshoot Injerin clan. Perhaps a druid sect?

« Last Edit: 08 September 2009, 04:39:51 by Azhira » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2009, 04:41:35 »

A druid sect sounds like a cool idea, yup!  cool

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2009, 04:59:20 »

Lost Twenty

THE ERA OF CATACLYSM
(YEARS 9,500 B.S. - 8,500 B.S.)

9500 b.S.
to 9000 b.S.    The War of the Chosen

During this time the War of the Chosen is taking place, and though no one knows who all the chosen of the North were, it is thought that one of the white mages was of the Injerín and did battle against Eckra the Cruel in the Battle of the Winds.

ca. 9023 b.S.
to 9000 b.S.    The Years of Cleansing

The Years of Cleansing are a time in which the Injerín use their great knowledge od Xeuá magics to help heal the damages down during the War of the Chosen.

ca. 8500 b.S.       Elven Survivors Settle in the Themed'lon

Shortly after the War of the Chosen, several surviving Folkmore elves make a home for themselves in the Themed'lon Forests in hopes of rebuilding after the war. They make peace with the pendrowe living within the woods and found a small settlement.

Revised to:

ca. 8500 b.S.       The Lost Twenty Settle the Themed'lon

Shortly after the War of the Chosen, several surviving Injerin elves known as the Lost Twenty make a home for themselves in the Themed'lon Forests in hopes of rebuilding after the war. These elves embrace the ways of the druidic lifestyle and create wondrous temples and holy grounds along with the pendrowe that live there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So my thought is to have a clan of twenty elves who depart the main tribe of Injerin and make their way north to the Themed'lon where they discover the pendrowe. These twenty elves were considered honored and powerful leaders of the tribe after the War of the Chosen. Their departure was a source of great sorrow and confusion and the main Injerin never heard from them again.

These twenty elves become powerful druids and thrive in the Themed'lon for over 5000 years (from 7000 b.S. to 1980 b.S. They give the forest its name - "Themanhe'lón" (lit. "Fortified Wood", over time, the name was later shortened to Themed'lon). The elves produce children, but many are killed when the orcs invade.

In 1980 b.S., the orcs present a threat and make themselves known. The druid elves cannot withstand the much larger group of warlike orcs and eventually are made to flee the Themed'lon leaving behind the pendrowe, a drasil tree and the Mask of the Tree Cousin (later to become a holy relic for the Kaaer'dar'shin). The survivors once more must find a new home and history no longer records these druids gathering in any great numbers elsewhere. They are believed to have instead become lone nomads, living in the wilds, passing their druid knowledge on to others.

The Themed'lon Forest itself, however, survives the orcen invasion as the pendrowe within manage to keep the oecs at bay. The orcs come to believe the forest to be cursed and haunted and rarely bother the "tree demons". It is not until the lost Kuglimz come to the forest and the Third Sarvonian War do the orcs show interest again. The Kaaer come to embrace a nature-centric life and show themselves honorable to the pendrowe and once more the forest has a proper caretaker.

Entry coming soon!  cool

Request for a language expert! - I would like a Styrash name for "Lost Twenty" or similar.

Folkmore Elves

Near as I can determine, the Folkmore elves came to be from the Injerin history tables:

2097 b.S.
to 2050 b.S.    Construction of the Mithril Bridge

Expressing a desire to revive the forest known as the Folkmore Trees the Kurakim along with fire attuned mages of the Injerín work together to create one of the wonders of the North, the Mithril Bridge. The ore is provided by the Mitharim Clan.

Quote from the Arthyon entry:

The Arthyrón elves (Styrásh Arthyrón, short for Arthanhe'tyrón, "blessed sea") have always been rather adventurous for elves. First they left the Injerín elves, and became known as the Folkmore Elves, for the area that they settled. However they were forced to leave during the destruction of Parthenon by Gouran in 1649 b.S. In their flight of terror they found haven in the seas and upon the islands in the Eight Winds bay. Thus did they name themselves the Arthyrón. Since that time they have explored the rivers of North Eastern Sarvonia, and the Eastern Seas.

These Injerin settled in the forest known as the Folkmore Trees. It was later destroyed in a war and the surviving elves fled to the seas to be known as the Arthyon tribe, as they are known to present day.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2009, 03:35:45 »

"Lost"? I've heard my keyword... :)

Anyway, "to lose" means "maedán", we've already got that in our dictionary, so "lost" would mean "maedanhé". We don't have a word for twenty, put one for ten ("tàús") and one for two ("sys"), so twenty could be "sýs'táus".

"The Lost Twenty" would then mean "sáh maedanhé sýs'táus" (female article preferred in Styrásh).

So you got the right one to answer that question methinks, cause ... :)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]