Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Antislar  (Read 2378 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« on: 15 September 2009, 16:16:14 »

OK, I guess it is time to put a territory for the Antislar.  I'm hoping that the area marked will be good.  Ideas?

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2009, 00:56:13 »

Wow, that is a huge area.  shocked

I would imagine that the Antislar would have to be capable seafarers to cross bodies of water. Or, if the territory starts to wind around the gulf mainland, perhaps the settlers could have traveled along the coast to settle in Anif. Perhaps the Antislar wanted to expand their territory into Caael'heroth where they eventually find the Themed'lon and the river fork where it empties into the Gulf. A settlement there works great.

Then, before any further settling can happen, the orcs come down from the north in their invasion. Anif and Eph'denn is caught up and taken as slaves producing the eventual tribe of the Kaaer.

The cultural direction I am taking with the Kaaer are more druidic centered and less "barbaric". Perhaps some of the Antislar culture could reflect that? As a way for the Kaaer to carry over some of the cultural aspects of the Antislar, Kuglimz and Osther-Oc.

Maybe, the Kaaer learned certain skills and trades from their Antislar cousins such as iron working and sailing as these are some skills the Kaaer need.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2009, 01:06:56 »

It does look huge on this map, and is larger than all the Ice Tribe lands, but in reality would not be any larger, in most cases far smaller, than the provinces in the southern continent.  As far as population goes, it won't be as populous as the southern provinces.  Large tracts of open wilderness.  But, the north should be largely uninhabited due to weather conditions.  We don't want the same poulation density as the south has.  Therefore, a tribe might have a disporportionate geographic claim as compared to their population.  Sort of like the Inuit of Canada who have the Northwest Terroties and Nunavut, which comprises a huge chunk of our country, but its population density is very very few people/square mile.

With the Antislar, I'm trying to get away from the barbaric image.  The Ice Tribes and the Kuglimz can have that mantle, I wanted to go in another direction with them.  And I would definitely look at the druidic direction you are going in and see if I can work something in there.

It seems only natural that a people growing out of a lost colony would retain some of the skills as you have mentioned.
« Last Edit: 16 September 2009, 01:11:18 by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2009, 05:51:46 »

Yup, makes sense now. Works for me.  thumbup All I need is some cultural elements to draw from for the Kaaer to use. They would keep the hunter lifestyle, and the guerilla warfare aspect, but I would strengthen the druidic part moreso. And I would introduce another form of druidic nature magic, but the Antislar wouldn't need that if you don't want it since the Kaaer learn from the lore and relics of the Lost Twenty. I suppose as we lay out some more initial thoughts on the Antislar, I can see what to use.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2009, 03:10:17 »

Has the barbarian Caeltakkar been nabbed up yet?  I have looked, but see no mention of him, other than

people prefer to call it the Caeltakkar Keep refering to the commander of the barbarian forces who assisted the orcs in the Third Sarvonian War in the vicinity of Astran. Caeltakkar was a terrible foe who fought with his troups at the entrance to the Ylossian Mines during the whole war.

If possible, I'd like to scoop him up as a man from Antislar, with plans later on of fleshing him out more, buit in the immediacy simply to build a history for the Antislar.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2009, 03:53:00 »

A traitor!  shocked Nice find there, Alt. That would make for an interesting history on why he would aid the orcs during the war.

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2009, 04:07:45 »

Not a traitor as such, as barbarians have been mentioned in some entries as working with the orcs in SWIII, so thats where i wanna put the Antislar people.  Still researching that more.  More to come...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]