Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Proposal - The Boar's Teeth - Manthria  (Read 3654 times)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« on: 08 October 2009, 21:20:41 »

Ok...I need some background on the region known as The Boar's Teeth in the northwestern area of Manthria. It lies directly south of New Santhala and north of the Ziephyrian Forests. That looks to be an interesting place to describe. With moors, a dungeon, a swamp and a lake...perhaps I can make something suitably interesting here. I can find no reference to it anywhere.

Objections?

*hopes everyone knows that Azzy likes to describe dark, dangerous places with alot of mythological stuff*

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2009, 01:36:44 »

Azhira, I think it was part of Nsiki's attempted and not yet approved masterwork.

I have a look for you and dig it out. Can't remember, how much he has written and don't know, if it is canon if not on the site. You hear from me.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2009, 01:39:47 »

Nsiki was trying to do the Rimmerins Ring, which is a separate region.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2009, 01:41:51 »

Let's see, how old I am and what I remember right  evil

*looks for her glasses*

Not that I have any objections...

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2009, 01:51:07 »

Here we are:

The Boar’s Teeth
   Just south of the Manticore Heights, one will find the Boar’s Teeth. Here one finds the Urtaroon (lit. "Good, Tall Home") Tradegrounds, on the shores of Berzilhon Lake. The Urtaroon is where the dwarves convene for annual meetings on Rimmerins trade and mining policies, and is one of the largest Thergerim settlements in Eastern Sanguia.

The Boar’s Teeth is also home to the Steadstone Quarry, where the Thergerim mine for great quantities of iron and, quartz, and sturdy stone.

Nsiki obviously thought, that they are part of the Ring and it is  not too off. Hmm.

I assume, that you have had other ideas already.

I might get beaten again, but I would opt, that you are free to develop them as you wish and then Nsiki can adapt his piece of the Teeth to your entry. Of course we/you should talk to him first and ask him/tell him the problem. What Nsiki has written is just a first idea, but if you develop this region, you should not be restricted to the ideas of somebody else, little as here is written. But maybe you take his ideas anyway.

Well, that is what I think only.

*waits for being told off..*

Chronusian
Wandering Wind-Wizard
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2009, 01:56:35 »

Nsiki was trying to do the Rimmerins Ring, which is a separate region.

I'm fairly certain that Rimmerins Ring and the 'Bear's Teeth' are one in the same. 'Bear's Teeth' is a name given to the area by the Eyelian Bear Clan.

As for information that can be used, it's deep in what was ancient Eyelian territory. The Eyelian Bear Clan had territories that encircled the Rimmerins ring, so they are somewhat connected to the area.

'Late? Don't be silly. I arrived just in time for tea.'
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2009, 02:01:43 »

No no no.

I will abandon this idea. I want no part of the Rimmerins Ring or the Eyelians. I'll leave that to Nsiki.

I'll choose a nice place farther south.  nod

I want a place that requires little to no research and/or other devs toes to step on.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2009, 02:02:49 »

Well, if you look at the Manthria map, then you can have the impression, that the Boar's Teeth are SOUTH from the Ring itself. But that doesn't matter. Nsiki has not written much, so it could stay or one could take it out entirely. That it is an old Eyelian territory has nothing to do with it.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2009, 02:03:25 »

Azhira, may I look for something for you? 

Chronusian
Wandering Wind-Wizard
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2009, 02:09:21 »

Well, if you look at the Manthria map, then you can have the impression, that the Boar's Teeth are SOUTH from the Ring itself. But that doesn't matter. Nsiki has not written much, so it could stay or one could take it out entirely. That it is an old Eyelian territory has nothing to do with it.

Yep, pretty much, people lived around the area, but it isn't explored very much as to what was exactly found there. But if you insist on something else, I'm sure we can help you find something :D

'Late? Don't be silly. I arrived just in time for tea.'
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 October 2009, 02:21:34 »

Azhira, may I look for something for you? 

Yes please do!  :D

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 09 October 2009, 02:52:13 »

Ok, I look out for you for  "dark, dangerous places with alot of mythological stuff" , and not too much background history and others already involved.

*goes and looks for swamps, dreadful places and so on*

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]