Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Extinct Tribes of the North - Help Wanted!  (Read 5972 times)
Azhira Styralias

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« on: 17 December 2009, 11:51:21 »

...about this entry a long time ago. Because this history explains alot. For example, I had no idea there were already elves and humans living in the Themed'lon long before the Lost Ones got there. There could have been an entire empire built up in that time. So what to do? Develop the Themedon Empire, a race of elves and humans from the Great Sundering? What happened to them? How do they impact the Kaaer'dar'shin?

My work is for naught. I develop a history and then I find one entry that up ends everything I did.  buck

The good news is that I found the origins of that very big unknown Wood Forest in my area. Seems elves from the Sundering settled there, too. Not a very original name, but it begs the question - what happened to them?? Another tribe of elves? Did they die off? Merge with the Injerin?

This is why developing is frustrating. Now I have to account for two entirely new tribes/empires in my region and their impact going forward.

noidea
« Last Edit: 17 December 2009, 22:56:30 by Azhira » Logged

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 32

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2009, 14:52:49 »

*comfort*

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Draconic Development Schedule
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2009, 16:11:28 »

Ah, come on, Azhira, did you think developing in Caelereth would be easy ?  :P

My work is for naught. I develop a history and then I find one entry that up ends everything I did.

Better throw everything away and start anew!  :P

Absolute NONSENSE! Better look around what you can do with this and see the great chances!

A little more work, a little more effort. It will be not as quick as you wish to finish your entries though.

Look at the dates!

The Great Sundering of the races took place in approx. 11900 b.S. – 11750 b.S.

The elves and humans arrive and live together.

It was an age of change and upheaval for many races in Caelereth. The Injerín elves record that long ago, a group of powerful and influential elves abandoned the main tribe soon after the War of the Chosen in 9500 b.S. The group was largely composed of magi, clerics, warriors and commoners.

So you have 2000 years to develop this empire, until your tiny fraction arrives. They could just blend in somehow, or not.

318 b.S.
to 298 b.S.    The Migration of the Kuglimz Outcasts

So, let your northern empire fall and the lost ones survive (maybe because they were different) , so that they can have influenced your half orcs.

Some tweaking here and there, so where lies the problem?

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 21

Researcher of Brownies and Magic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2009, 22:49:14 »

*Eldor sneaks waving his cane* New tribes you say?

The good news is that I found the origins of that very big unknown Wood Forest in my area. Seems elves from the Sundering settled there, too. Not a very original name, but it begs the question - what happened to them?? Another tribe of elves? Did they die off? Merge with the Injerin?

I want in. ;)

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2009, 23:03:25 »

I have changed the title of my thread.

What we have here is a problem of filling in a very big hole in Northern history.

1.) The Themedons - A group of elven and human refugees from the Great Sundering. They lived in the Themed'lon forests for a period of 2000 years or so BEFORE the Lost Ones elven druids came to be there. What happened to them?

2.) The Wood Elves - A tribe of wood elves, also refugees from the Great Sundering, who inhabited the Wood Forest in Northern Sarvonia, south of Caaehl'heroth. Obviously, they are gone today, but that leaves the explanation of what happened to them.

The Great Sundering

So these two very big projects could use some help. If anyone is interested in developing a new (actually extinct) tribes, history, and overall filling in some gaps in any way here, feel free to discuss!

*Eldor sneaks waving his cane* New tribes you say?

Thanks Eldor! Have any ideas?

Some tweaking here and there, so where lies the problem?

Thanks Talia! You made me feel alot better about this. We'll see where it goes. Perhaps we're put some enterprising Apprentices and Members to work!  ;)

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2009, 23:17:52 »

I don't know...do we have room for them to actually exist, or should they be extinct. I think it's practical that the elves and humans ended up mating. The majority of the Themedons could be Half-elves, depending on history. I'd like to help but I don't know how much I'd be allowed to. Maybe I could do some minor parts of it or something. I think I am competent enough to at least do some of it, and my plate is being cleared off. Just let me know if I can help. :) I'd be willing to do either the Wood Elves or the Themedons. I don't what all you senior devvers have in mind though. noidea

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2009, 00:17:34 »

*strikes a Tolkien-esque pose*
You have my keyboard.
Cort'Mangar isn't going anywhere anyways. Ah, the charm of places entries.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2009, 00:30:37 »

Ah, yes, ancient tribes, oh the wondrous joy of figuring out how to get the right people in the right places without disturbing the sometimes dangerously unwieldy timelines of the Ancient Ones (aka older members :P).. i feel your pain Azhira..

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Jenna Silverbirch
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 20

Hobbit Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2009, 05:02:08 »

Aw, don't worry, azhira :) I'm with Talia on this- this looks like a great opportunity for creativity. With an underdeveloped area of history like this, you've essentially got a great big sand box. Which you don't often get in Sarvonia. If a relative newb like me would be allowed or useful I'd be rather interested in helping, however small the contribution.

*does sneaky eyes expression* Speaking of the north, one of the things on my would-love-to-do-it-but-will-have-to-wait-for-more-experience list is the underdeveloped arthyron elves... ack, but now I'm hijacking the thread buck Get stuck in when you have the time, Azhira :D

The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling,
Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven;
And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
-William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
Development schedule
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 December 2009, 05:24:55 »

are they the elves around 8 Winds Bay, Jenna? 'cause I'm kind of interested in them as well :D

Edit: There's no reason why we can't talk about such things though ... make sure that what I'm doing with Eight Winds Bay fits in with your concept for those elves.
« Last Edit: 18 December 2009, 05:29:18 by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 18 December 2009, 05:52:07 »

Azhira, live looks now more promising, right? :)

Eldor, don't be too quick with any assumptions!

I don't know...do we have room for them to actually exist, or should they be extinct. I think it's practical that the elves and humans ended up mating. The majority of the Themedons could be Half-elves, depending on history.

Who wants something practical? ;)

The little bit out of that old entry says: The elves live in the trees, the humans below. That does not look like they did mate soon.

Azhira, a lot of work is coming your way, you need to organise that huge nedeavour!

Some proposals: (mostly for Azhira)

1. Open a discussion thread in the Northern Sarvonia forum, with room in the first post for many links!

2. Gather people who are wiling to help and promise to do so for a certain time!

3. Throw out ideas (all), do a brainstorming first.

4. If the discussion goes in too different directions, split the thread.

5. Sketch a very rough history, first in the scale of several centuries, the maybe for each century one sentence. All still disputable. You may collect first, which events you want to have at an yet uncertain point in time (a war between the elves and humans, a common government, the rise of a gifted person, contact to the iceelves, a marriage between an even princess and a human....)

Some random thoughts:

- Why are the elves living in the trees and the humans on the ground (at least in the beginning)?
- Has there been a fight/war/quarrel between the two races and it ended in a truce, where the elves decided to go into the trees?
- Or have the elves the same attitude like the Maeverhim? Could there be any connection?
- Are humans and elves are allowed to mate?

(Keep in mind, that the elves are not just humans with pointed ears, but that they have a VERY different culture. Marriages might be as difficult as if a western educated girl marries in an Arabian family - or a Polynesian tribe with totally different meaning of gestures, though with the time they surely learn from each other)

- Has there been a harmonisation at some point, where marriages occurred more often? Or was there an estrangement after a period of harmonisation?

- Had they problems with adapting to the new, colder environment?

- Have there been orcs around? Attacks?

- Catastrophes? Burning of the Woods? Illness, very cold witers in a row (100 years)

You have to cover a huge timespan, maybe just don't know enough  of the beginning, just some major events. And it will probably be an up and down, as everywhere. So, to come back to Eldor, a half-elven society all the time will probably not work.

And you need a reason, why they are extinct now and the Lost Ones survived!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 December 2009, 21:46:45 »

Azhira, a lot of work is coming your way, you need to organise that huge nedeavour!

Some proposals: (mostly for Azhira)

*Absorbs all of the suggestions like a big sponge*

I will likely tackle this project once I return to the North. I am still finishing up some Southern work right now. I will definitely take your advice in starting some new threads and discussions!  thumbup

Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 December 2009, 12:51:59 »

Well, like Jenna, I'd like to help as much as I can/am allowed to. Even if it's small, don't hesistate to ask. Consider it payment for you eventually helping me with my Mythology and stuff. ;)

Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 December 2009, 11:16:42 »

Well, what we may end up doing is developing ancestor tribes to the current tribes now. The Sundering created several initial tribes that could very well have developed into the tribes we know today. Or, we could develop entirely new tribes who simply went extinct due to famine or war. A few thousand years is plenty of time to for a culture to develop and perhaps die off. Or at least dwindle into few people. So if you've ever wanted to try tribe/clan development, this may be your chance!

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 20 December 2009, 18:44:25 »

Keep in mind, Azhira, that not everyone who might apply is ready to do an entire tribe on his own. Even if you might have several options now.  (This was restricted to members some time ago). You don't have to hurry. You would be a sort of mentor to all those working in your area and this is not an easy task!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]